Captive

Captive

A Chapter by Julia

Why didn’t I listen? Why do I NEVER listen?!

Nana, my lovely stepmother, always tells me to be careful whenever I go out, and has been doing so since I was around 13 or 14. She’d say “You never know what creeps are out there”, often jokingly using my friends as examples. Yeah, this is probably normal for young girls and women to be told, but I’m a guy. Sometimes it gets annoying being told this so often, but it’s just one of her ways of showing that she really does care about me. I think part of her concern is the fact that my natural appearance can lead a little on the feminine side at times, which has attracted undesired attention more than once. Most of the time the creeps mistake me for a girl or they say I’m just girly looking enough for it to “not be gay” on their end. Guys like that make me want to puke just thinking about them.

Tonight I had been hanging out at a local lgbt+ combination cafe and nightclub. The place is actually quite interesting in both concept and purpose. The owners of the place wanted to both appeal to young adults and provide a safe place for lgbt+ teens as well as those who don’t like alcohol and or the party/club scene. The left half of the building is the cafe and the club is on the right half with a long, somewhat narrow, storage room in the middle, acting as a sort of sound buffer between the two halves when the club is really booming.

I wasn’t really in the mood for loud music nor sweaty bodies bumping and grinding against each other, or me for that matter. I had planned on working on a couple personal projects while enjoying some nice hot drinks. Also, I enjoy talking to the people who work there. Overall, it was a quiet and productive evening.

Well.., it was until I left for the night.

Oh how I wish I had taken my barista friend’s up on her offer for a ride home.

Regardless of where or what type, there always seems to be creeps hanging around clubs and bars. I’d like to say I handled the well, and normally I do, but I knew these guys and know for a fact that they tend to carry weapons on them.

That leads me to where I am now, running for my f*****g life and cutting through allyways in an attempt to shake these b******s! I’ve gained a little ground, though I can still, very clearly, hear them behind me. No way in hell am I gonna look back to check. I’ve seen consumed enough horror media to know that if I do I’ll screw up somehow. All I need to do is keep running and try to avoid the random trash littering the ground.

Of course both my lead and my luck quickly run out. Why am I not surprised? The turn I just made led to a deadend. Those guys are too close behind for me to backtrack. It seems like all I can do now is pray to whatever deities that are willing to have mercy on me that I’ll make it out of this alive.

I sit curled up on the ground with my eyes closed as I wait for the inevitable.

Pretty soon the sound of something, or someone, landing in front of me reaches my ears. I’m too scared to look, it might be one of those guys. Or worse. It  did sound like it came from the top of one of the surrounding buildings, but that could very well just be my fear induced imagination playing tricks on me.

“Please.. Be calm. I only want to help you,” An accented masculine voice says all of a sudden. “I saw those guys chasing you. Don’t worry, I’ll take care of them. I just need you to sleep.”

What is this guy talking about?

What does that even mean?

A strange calm feeling falls over me. My consciousness fades in and out a few times before going out completely. The last thing I hear before finally slipping away being the sounds of angry shouting.

(Word Count: 707)


© 2021 Julia


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

25 Views
Added on July 19, 2021
Last Updated on July 19, 2021


Author

Julia
Julia

Boise, ID



About
I'm a young aspiring author who loves animemanga, books, youtubetwitch, games, books, drawing, learning about different types of cultures, and general animation among other things. more..

Writing
General Info General Info

A Chapter by Julia


Strings Strings

A Chapter by Julia


Night Shift Night Shift

A Chapter by Julia