You Know Your Daddy Loves You

You Know Your Daddy Loves You

A Poem by Beka
"

At our family reunion my mom kept telling stories about me and things that I did when I was little.

"

You know your daddy loves you when

 

You're travling down the highway going at least 70mph and you're holding your Barbie out the window so her hair can blow in the wind and you purpously let her go to see what happens.

 

And your daddy pulls the van over to the side of the road and runs out into the middle of the highway to collect your runover Barbie so you aren't upset.

 

You know your daddy loves you when

 

You blow up the brand-new microwave making a mudpie with rocks in it.

 

And your daddy helps you clean it up and buys you McDonalds when you go to pick up the new microwave and doesn't tell mom. Who would surely yell at you.

 

You know your daddy loves you when

 

You step on a nail because you were walking around bare-foot even though he told you not to

 

And he carrys you into the house, cleans your face and wound, then carries you back out to the car, and takes you to the hospital. Then takes you out for ice cream after.

 

You know your daddy loves you when

 

You had a really bad day at work and he surprises you with your favorite dinner. Even though he's worked all day in the hot sun and is very tired.

 

You know your daddy loves you when

 

You wake up in the middle of the night crying because you had a nightmare

 

And he wakes up and makes you a peanutbutter sandwich and watches The Little Mermaid with you until you fall back asleep, then he carries you to your bed and tucks you back in.

 

You know your daddy loves you when

 

You get sick at school or have a test you don't want to take

 

And he leaves work early to come pick you up and take you to lunch even though your house is only eight blocks from school and you have food at home.

 

You know your daddy loves you

 

Because when you mess up..He helps you clean up the mess and finds a way to make you smile when all you want to do is cry.

© 2008 Beka


Author's Note

Beka
I know that it sounds like he just spoils me. But believe it or not I never did any of those bad things again.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

*snap snap*

A poem written in tribute and appreciation, if you didn't give this to him you should.
I wrote one for my father, and he reads it every day.
Its funny, he did all that.. yet your considerate gratitude is more than enough to make it worth it for him because he loves u so much.

well done. your a crazy girl mud pies with rocks?! hahahaha.. killin me smallz. sounds like you got a great support system at least within your father and that is a much needed nessecity

much love n respect

-Lalli

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

*snap snap*

A poem written in tribute and appreciation, if you didn't give this to him you should.
I wrote one for my father, and he reads it every day.
Its funny, he did all that.. yet your considerate gratitude is more than enough to make it worth it for him because he loves u so much.

well done. your a crazy girl mud pies with rocks?! hahahaha.. killin me smallz. sounds like you got a great support system at least within your father and that is a much needed nessecity

much love n respect

-Lalli

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Not spoiled... supported, you are lucky and it definately sounds like your daddy loves you. And you definatley love and appreciate him. Nice work.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Now i know what I have to do to be a good Dad. Sounds like you are very loved and blessed with a great Dad. Nice work

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This makes me miss my daddy alot! I want cry because I haven't seen him in 5 years! and I'm a daddy's girl. This was beautiful! I loved it. Thank you for sharing girl. I happy you have that bond with your family!

Much love n respect,
Anna

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

136 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 25, 2008

Author

Beka
Beka

Where Ever my mind is most comfortable pretending to be., OK



About
My name is Rebekha and I am a mass of contradictions and I suffer from the constant memories of my passed lives. (Not ones where you turn into insects or animals) I believe it is what inspires me to .. more..

Writing
Control Control

A Poem by Beka


Kiss My Neck Kiss My Neck

A Poem by Beka


The Lost Poem The Lost Poem

A Poem by Beka



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..