Their Story

Their Story

A Story by Keola
"

Love has no limits

"

Silently captured by the darkness of night where only the stars have life, he laid in his bed dreaming of what could of been. The rusty red alarm clock hits 5am and his dreams came crashing down until thrusted into reality. He pulled himself together as he ventured through his clothe covered floor and started his morning routine which is down to a science. He brushes his teeth for 2 minutes, showers for 10 minutes, puts on a suit and tie, makes coffee that takes 5 minutes, and then he is out the door. 


The sun is in a race to break through the horizon and rise across the canvas blue sky. He finds himself walking to the same park every morning to witness the beauty of the sunrise to start his day. His life is full of patterns. He wakes up the same time, has the same morning routine, visits the same park, and sits on the same bench. The only thing that  has change to the morning is the sunrise. To him it is different every day. It holds a unique arrival in the morning and destination at night. A sense of hope and promise he finds in it. On his way to the park he finds activity slowing increasing. The birds start chirping and people begin to stray away from their homes and into the reality of their day. It’s a time in the day where it’s almost light yet the darkness of the night is still in sight. A crossroad where it’s up to you to decide how you will live your day. 


He finds himself at the specific bench he calls his and took a seat. The trees surround the outskirts of the park which stand tall and open armed to the birds that call it home. On the inside is an open field that carries activity only the mind can imagine. A place where you can be free. Picnics happen during the day and star gazing takes place at the night. Little kids run free and only their imagination knows what’s taking place in that moment. The sun is almost at its finest hour of rising when he took out a notebook and started writing. A lady around the same age as him maybe a few years younger noticed him and found an attraction to him. She decided to join him on the same old wooden bench. 


She didn't say anything as any bystander could tell he was nose deep into his notebook. The women looked beautiful. She had rich brown hair that sat perfectly along her back while a white dress hugged her body and a magnificent glow shielded her as one would call supernatural. Everything a man would want was presented in front of him but he never broke concentration on his notebook. She had a certain look in her eye. One of great admiration and love. A lovers look when they first start to date. The look of passion one has when talking about something they love. She wasn't talking, no. She was was doing more than that. Without saying a single word a story was formed through her eyes. Behind all the beauty she possessed, her story didn't match. An ounce of pain and sorrow crept into her eyes and she tried to mask it with happiness. She gave a look, one with a beautiful story spoiled with no ending. She didn't know what to say so she sat there in distance. He put away his notebook and waited for the big moment. First signs of the sun rising and he greeted it with a welcoming smile. He tilted his head as if admiring a beautiful piece of art. He didn't say anything but his eyes told a novel. Once the sun fully reviled itself, he picked up his bags and headed off to his favorite breakfast place that is near by. 


A small place that’s been in business for awhile, he makes sure to be a regular customer. They greet him with a smile and bring out his order within 15 minutes. First couple bites into his meal a familiar face sat at the table across from him. Too involved in his meal, he didn't take notice of the women staring at him. Once his meal is gone and only crumbs remain, he pulled out his notebook again. The girl from before started to pay close attention as her eyes started to water. The first tear hit the table sending ripples through her memory. He tried to finish as his hands were shaking out of control. In his notebook it reads, “I think about you all the time. You're in every action I do and every thought I create. February 10th, 2005, the 10 year anniversary on which cancer took you away. You always said “Like the moon I’ll fade away but like the sun I’ll rise again”. Every day I watch the sun and think of you rising above for all to see your beauty. Sometimes it feels like you're there.” 


The morning had begun and people are active. He got up, wiped away his tears, and disappeared into the crowd. His wife sat at the table drowning in her own tears. She's been with him every second after she passed to watch over him. She knows his routine better than him. She watches the sun rise with him and sits in the same table across from him every morning for breakfast. She sees what he writes every day. A love separated in one life but not the next. This is their story. 

© 2016 Keola


Author's Note

Keola
Just a starting point. Let me know what you think!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

64 Views
Added on March 10, 2016
Last Updated on March 10, 2016

Author

Keola
Keola

NV



Writing
Beautiful Now Beautiful Now

A Story by Keola


I Miss You I Miss You

A Story by Keola