Finding a glitch

Finding a glitch

A Chapter by JustSomeGirl
"

If he had left it, maybe it all would have been fine.

"

Raphael watched uncomfortably, as Carly swam from one side of the silent stream to the other, and now and again dissapeared under the surface. It wasn't because under the cool waters she was completely naked, no he could live with that. It was because everytime she slipped down wards, he feared she would not return; he feared that she would be sucked down to the surface, and suffer the terrible death that was drowning.
"It's supprisingly warm." Carly announced, dissapearing from sight yet again, to wash out the layer of grime in her blonde hair. It had shocked Raphael how light her hair infact was, and that was just from the war that his people had begun the morning before. As dark as it was, it was infact mid-day on Monday, just thirty-six days after the first Darkness shot up out from the earth, and he had to watch his people kill everyone that was in their way, exept strong men that had been over powered, and unfortunatly women. She reappeared in a flurry of bubbles, gasping for air. Raphael turned, trying not to tempt himself to stare at the pink flesh that she had just shown off. She looked older now that she was clean and in the right mind, he noticed once she had covered herself again. "Why don't you come in?" The male darkness just shook his head and dropped his eyes so that she couldn't see him blush. "Come on, I had my face under your armpit, and I could tell you needed a wash... No offence." She added, just incase Raphael decided to dice her up like an onion anyway.
"Oh, thanks." He said, going red and holding the back of his neck sheepishly. He would go in with her, but he realised that there was just too much temptation in that pool for him to manage. "I will bathe after you have gotten out and are in clothing again." She stood up in the shallow part of the water further down stream, flashing of womanly curves and all.
"Is this too much for you to handle, wing boy?" Carly asked with a challenging grin on her face, as she waved a hand over her body. Raphael gawped at her, but quickly looked away. He must not look at her in that way, that was what had made his people so discusting. As if she had read his mind, Carly added quietly: "I realise that I am hard to resist, and I am sorry for doing that." She dipped back into the protection of the river. "But looking is really nothing like what those d*****s of the underworld did." Her memory skipped back to what had happened to her mother, whilst she had hidden in a large crack behind the refridgorator. "Nothing can compare to the wrongness of what that man did."
"I am sorry." Raphael murmered, indicating for her to turn around whilst he peeled his shorts and lay them on the sand. When he turned back to Carly, she was facing him, one hand mockingly covering her pretty eyes. Pretty eyes? What was he thinking? He may be an outcast for feelings where he was brought up, but that was something that had never before crossed his troubled mind. "Oh, I must say sir, do put some clothes on!" She squealed sarcastically, a tone that he was not familiar to.
"I know I am hard to resist, but I did say look away." He told her, stealing her words from before, as he stepped into the water and then waddling further. She had been right, the water was infact warm against his bare skin, but he felt uncomfortable that she had seen him. She wasn't the first, of course she wasn't, why he was a young man! But something about Carly was different, and it made his whole body shiver with exitement.
"No, you just did this weird hand flapping thing, and started to undress." She said, raising an eyebrow in a perfect ark. She walked, well sort of jumped, up to him, an arm covering her breasts. It was dark, so even if he wanted to, he would not have been able to see though the glistening reflections of the light on the waters surface as they danced around. "I am purly a victim in this whole hoohaa."
"Hoohaa?" Raphael asked in confusion, and ducked under the water running a hand though his hair before she could reply. As he did this, he showered her in tiny droplets of water, before resurfacing a few metres away: she was grinning at him, but there was no glimmer of happyness in her eyes like there should be. "What's wrong?" He asked her, looking over sadly.
"It is just..." Carly's voice faltered, and she pressed the heel of one of her hands into her eyes. "I feel I am letting my family down, you know, because I am here having fun when they are ashes somewhere scattered across the ground, the only evidence of them being on some creature out there."
Raphael was more interested in the fact that she had used the word 'fun' than anything else, but she looked so down, he just had to remind her that all was well. "I did not want this to happen, but my people seem to think that rape and killing is the answer to some problem that doesn't exist." He snapped angrily. Not because of Carly of course, no the bitterness in his voice was clearly aimed at the Dark Council, and she realised this instantly. There was a loud grumble, and she put a hand in the water on her slim stomach.
"Um, this is probably not the right time." She said wearily, beginning to walk out the water, not caring whether Raphael watched or not. "But have you got any food?" She turned to face him, and saw his eyes where just about hanging out their sockets, as he glared at her body. "Gotcha!" He looked down, angry at himself for checking her out as if she were food.
"Look, it's not what it seems." He muttered, still not looking up at her. She chuckled to herself as she slipped, well tugged herself, into the jacket that Raphael had given her back in New York. "I am not like those perverts that are supposedly my family."
"I know," Carly said simply, clicking with her tongue. Raphael eventually looked up, and smiled at the sight of her in the jacket. There were some clothes in his fathers trunk, but he probably wasn't going to tell her that, because this was just too cute. "Because if you were one of those b******s, I doubt that I would have come out of that stream with my b***s or butt untouched." Raphael quickly shot out the water, and grabbed his shorts. Before he had put them on, Carly had goggled at him, making him chuckle.
"Like what you see?" He asked her in a deeply seductive tone, both of his eyebrows raised. "Shall I just air them off for a bit?" His wings spread carelessly above his head making Carly titter.
"Oh please! I have already seen them anyway...Nah, they are alright..." She said, as if she had to think it over. He shrugged into the shorts, and now stood clothed infront of her. "Now I can think straight."
"I knew it!" He laughed, the gold in his wings slightly pulsating within the feathers with each movement. Carly watched in awe as his chest muscles tightened and relaxed again. "You love them really! Oh, yeah, feeling the love." He was acting like a regular guy, and it made Carly roll her eyes as if she were just chatting with one of her annoying, yet strangly hot, friends.
"You wish." She muttered, as she began walking in the direction of the cave. She turned when she realised that Raphael followed, and put her hands on her narrow hips, looking down at him from where she stood. "Are we going to eat food anytime soon?"


"I hope you don't mind me asking, but where the hell did you get the pheasant from?" Carly asked through a mouthfull of meat. It was tasty, she had to say, but the fact that there just happened to be a fresh pheasant in the fridge, kind of confused her. And the fact that it was Raphael himself who powered any lights and electrical appliances in the house, not that there were many, just the fridge and a single light in the bedroom, was still working wonders on her human brain. "Because there babies do not just appear out of mid air!"
"I already told you." Raphael chuckled, not shocked by her outburst. He took a bite of the tender meat, and chewed it whilst thinking to himself. Carly cleared her throat, making him jump slightly. "Sorry, I am in my own little world..."
"I can tell." She sniggered, looking at him through thick lashes that would never need mascara, but she still wore it anyway now and again. "You were telling me about the pheasant..." Raphael went red, cursing under his breath for being so stupid as to let a human embarass him. If this was going to become a habit, he would just have to tell her what he though, because that is what he thought was the grown up and mature response.
"Oh, yes." He murmered, running a hand through his damp bronzed locks. Carly was smiling at him, as if to say 'Hey, it happens!' and it automatically brightened his thoughts. How these beings could lift someones mood with just a burst of humour or an edge of sarcasm dazzled him. "Um, well I told you I spend alot of time down here... to get away from it all. I like to come here and swim,"
"Skinny dip." Carly corrected him, trying not to giggle. Raphael rolled his eyes, and fixed her gaze challengingly.
"Fine, skinny dipping." He chuckled, making Carly snort in an unladylike manor. He studied her in amusement. "And I read, or write and also I shoot. That sounds horrible doesn't it?"
"Hey, calm down Raphy!" Carly said, putting a hand supportivly. The nick-name made his head snap up, and listen to what she had to say. "We humans really are not as nice a you think. We shoot things to eat meat too. And then there are hunters who just want to make money so they hack off some rhinos snout just for a few thousand pounds; really not nice stuff. But you are right about one thing. The magority of us don't do things like that, and we respect each other... sort of."
"Atleast you don't snap bunnies necks or drown them in metal buckets to try and learn their language." Raphael pouted, his lower lip quivering. Carly's features softened, and she put the metal fork on the empty plate, and took them over to the sink. She listened with interest while he ranted on about god knew what. "And have you ever had to stab your best friend in the stomach, and somehow pull his intestines out of the hole whilst he looked at you, mentally screaming how much they hate you? Have you ever had to watch your family go out and kill hundreds of thousands of people, and then ontop of that watch as everyone you ever cared for turned even more into the monster that is inside them? Have you? Hu, answer me!" By the time he had finished, Carly was pushing herself up against the wall because he had stood up, and was spraying her paniked face with spitle. One of his hands were holding onto her wrist, and as she shook her head whimpering, his eyes softened. He looked at her, realised he was digging into her skin, and jerked away from her shivering frame. "Oh, god. S**t!" And his wings raised above his head, and he flung himself out of the door.
Carly slid to the floor, tears flowing freely from her innocent eyes. And that wasn't the best part, of course it wasn't there was always more where she was concerned! No the best part, was that she wasn't crying because she was scared of him, she was crying because of the way that he had looked at her afterwards. He knew what he had done, and now he was punishing himself for it, when in fact it was just all those years of pain and suffering playing with his mind, making him feel guilty for it all. She quickly regained control of herself, and thought out her options. She could go after Raphael, but he was most probably sulking in a tree, or maybe even taking a little trip to West Africa or something, so that was clearly not one of her options. She could have a nap, but as tempting as it was, she couldn't bare the thought of him getting back, and hating her for getting over it so quickly.

She could go on her own adventure, and have a look around the area, or even just go and hunt for shells the sand along the bank. Yes, that was a good idea, she should do that, maybe cool off a bit. Carly wiped her nose with the back of her hand, which at anyother given time would have made her cringe with embarrassment, however right then that was not on her mind.She grabbed a tissue, and walked out the arch, her head drooping towards the ground slightly. She couldn't help but check to see if he was in the tree by the river, but if only she had such luck. He was gone, she had to face that. Maybe for a day, maybe for ten minutes, but who knew.

It was two hours later infact when Raphael finally did come back, looking like the life had been drained from his face. The first thing he did, was pass Carly a tiny package no bigger than a coin, that was covered in a thin layer of gold paper. He looked nervously at the floor, when she opened it up to find the sweetest little flower that looked like it was made of ice. Her eyes widened when she realised that it wasn't actually a flower, but a ring, with one stuck on the front. Raphael was biting his bottom lip, which quite frankly made him seem too sexy to look at.
"I really can not say how sorry I am Carly." He said quietly, his red eyes filled with remorse. She walked over to him, and wrapped her arms around his wide shoulders, whilst planting a soft kiss on his nose. "I am sorry."
"Don't, please." Carly whispered, placing a finger on his smooth lips, and putting the ring on her tiniest finger. It twinkled in the light that came from the bulbs on the wall, and shimmered back reflections like an eensie star. "It is beautiful... Don't tell me, the jewelers had all its windows smashed in?"
"No." Raphael said, his voice still apologetic and sweet. He was not the person that he was in that moment, he was the person that he was now. "I, uh, made it." Carly's mouth hung open, and her hand squished his lips to them as she looked at it with awe. "I made it, because I thought of you. I don't know how, but it just... appeared."
"I am supprised you did not get a rat instead, if you thought of me to get it." Carly muttered, her hand still smushed against his mouth, but he made no attempt to remove it. Well, the look he was giving her now, could only be described as lust. His eyes were dark and steamy, and his hand was tracing lazy circles on the small of her back. She seemed oblivious, but after a moment of thinking, she looked up at him.
Suddenly he leant foreward, and smashed his lips against hers, his eyes closed. For what seemed like a few seconds, Carly just stood there in a half daze, while Raphael moved his soft lips, and his tongue lightly tracing her bottom lip. It seemed all too soon, that she pulled away, a scowl on her beautiful face.... Wait a minute... why was she not looking happy? Raphael thought, at the same time, as her hand came forewards, and slapped him. Hard.
"Don't you dare try to kiss me again. If I don't react, it is not because I am shy, but because I do not want you to f*****g kiss me. Got that?" She asked, turning on her heel, and walking away from him.
"Yes." He answered tentivly, his hand coming up to where she had hit him. Damn, that girl knows how to slap, he thought to himself forcing a grin. Feisty, he liked it...



© 2012 JustSomeGirl


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

108 Views
Added on August 8, 2012
Last Updated on August 9, 2012


Author

JustSomeGirl
JustSomeGirl

United Kingdom



About
I love writing, and I love to share it with others. I am absoloutly insane, but it's what makes me; me. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by JustSomeGirl


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by JustSomeGirl