Chapter 6: Welcome Home

Chapter 6: Welcome Home

A Chapter by Katie Wan
"

Probably the strangest experience ever. Walking into a new life that you never had.

"

Ashley stepped in with big elephant tears in her eyes. Her brown hair was a large mess of curls. That’s where I got the damned mess from. Her face looked rather young. A sweet smile covered her relieved face. A soft pink touched her pale cheeks. The same pink spread across her lips. A few streaks of makeup covered her green eyes. There wasn’t much left after the tears.

Her hands clawed to the man next to her, Stanford. Thick brown hair also sat on top of his head. It was good to know I didn’t have to worry about balding. His height surprised me. Perhaps I still had some growing to do. Green eyes also peered down towards me. A few droplets of water were flowing down his cheeks. A great big smile was on his round face.

They both seemed nice enough. I could see my resemblance to them. I had my father’s longer nose, the shape of my mother’s eyes. It was almost hard to miss the same smile spread on my mother’s face.

My mouth had gone completely dry. I couldn’t find enough saliva to say a single word. It was as if a giant dust storm had spread all the way to my lungs. Ashley laughed slightly, “That’s him Stan. That’s our little boy.” They both stepped forward. In response my legs stepped back.

I probably looked like a frightened child ready to piss his pants any instant. They both stopped coming toward me as they noticed my fear. I had to get over this. I pushed my feet forward and walked over to them. “It’s good to meet you.” I said and stuck my hand out.

Ashley completely ignored it. She stepped to the side of it and wrapped her arms around my shoulders. She broke out into sobs on top of me. My hand stuck out to my sides. Stanford stepped forward and pulled her carefully back. “I’m so happy you’re alive, Fischer.” She fell into Stan’s chest and started crying. His eyes looked down on me and he smiled. His large hand rubbed my shoulder.

They both looked at me for a long while. Woods stood in the corner and waited for their cue. When it was given he opened the door. In stepped a boy. He got Stanford’s height and most of his looks. “This is our oldest, Logan.” Logan stepped forward and stuck out his hand. I took his large hand in mine and gave it a good shake. His curly hair was cut short not even an inch off of his head. He shared the same smile as me. It was a kind face one that seemed welcoming to me.

He stood in the opposite corner of the room and waited. The door opened again exposing another person. “This is Rynn our oldest girl.” She was the beauty of the family I could tell now. High cheek bones, plump lips, bright green eyes. The beautiful features were quite obvious on her face. Her curls were separated into small ringlets. A strange gel fell through the mane beautifully. All the hair fell around her shoulders.  Her thin body walked toward me and held her arms out, the bubbly personality also. She hugged me tight to her body.

“I’m so very glad you’re alright. It’s Thatcher now, right?” she asked when she pulled away from me. My head nodded in silence. She smiled and patted my shoulder. When she got to Logan’s side she wrapped her arm around his waist.

It was apparently a very close family. I could look forward to that. Just as before the door opened exposing another sibling. This time Ashley introduced him. “This is your closest brother, Gunner.” Gunner wasn’t as kind as the first too. A hard look covered his face. There wasn’t a hand shake or a hug. Just a nod came from him. He also got the looks of Stanford. He and Logan looked very much alike. Logan also kept his hair cut close to his scalp. He took his spot next to the other two siblings. His arms crossed in front of his chest and he leaned against the wall.

Next came in Whitly. She was followed by Ava. They both greeted me with a big hug. Bright smiles covered their faces. They didn’t know me when I disappeared all they ever heard were stories. It was nice to actually be meeting them for the first time. They both shared the good looks of our mother. Soft faces with bright smiles. Green eyes sat in the center of both of their faces. Together they walked over to the other sibling and joined hands. Best friends I was guessing.

Finally the door opened a last time and the youngest boy came in. “Rexton is our youngest, he just had a birthday.”

He looked the most like me. We both shared the features of both our parents. His big green eyes looked up to me. His hair was grown out longer like the girls. It curled all around his face. “Hey man,” I said with a smile on my face. “You have a pretty cool name. Do you care if I call you Rex?”

Rexton shook his head, “nope.” I had finally found my voice through meeting my family. It was strange though. They didn’t feel like my family. It was as if I was greeting them for the first time. I guess that’s what I was doing. As I looked over each and every face my reality began to sink it.

I would be going home with these people. I would have to learn all about them. They would introduce me to their lives and I would teach them about mine. My life wasn’t something people could adjust to so quickly. Fear again ran through me as I realized what had to happen. I had to start over again. But maybe this time would be the last. I would only have to tell my teachers about my math skill problems one more time. I will only have to introduce myself to a whole student body one more time.

This life was going to stick with me. This is what I would be known for. Everything before could be completely wiped clean. I could start completely fresh and new.



© 2010 Katie Wan


Author's Note

Katie Wan
I wrote all of this during spring break.. I was a little laze.. so again.. sorry for othe errors.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Nice intro to the family, that's alot of names I'll have to remember :P I like your descriptions, well done, and I like the ending sentence. I'll continue now >,.,>

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

227 Views
1 Review
Added on April 4, 2010
Last Updated on April 5, 2010


Author

Katie Wan
Katie Wan

Idaho Falls, ID



About
My whole life is centered around writing. It was only a few years ago that I discovered my passion for it. I love coming up with stories and new characters. Writing is the most important thing in my l.. more..

Writing
Day Dream Day Dream

A Poem by Katie Wan


The War The War

A Poem by Katie Wan


Alone Alone

A Poem by Katie Wan