Seeking Secrets

Seeking Secrets

A Chapter by Kara Jade
"

After meeting the mysterious Kali Ki, Arawn and Creide had to know more. She knew so much and the curiosity she generates is taking over Arawn and Creide new found lives. Who is this girl?

"

           2. Seeking Secrets


When Kali finally got up, rain was gently pattering against the window. She smiled at the thought of running in the rain which caused her to get ready in a rush. After putting on denim shorts and a dark gray tank top she grabbed her bag, threw her books and essays in it and ran downstairs. “You're staying here today Perses. I'll let you play in the rain later, I can't smell like wet dog at school it may give away too much information,” she told him as she ran out the door.
Kali began running but she didn't turn into a wolf form, instead she stayed human, only slowing when she got near the school. She gently moved her dripping hair to rest on her right shoulder as she walked to her locker. She sighed angrily while quickly opening her locker. “What do you want?” she snarled at Arawn. “Why are you all wet?” he asked her curiously. “I ran to school, and I'm going to take a wild guess and say you took your motorcycle to school. That doesn't earn you cool points for being a so called “bad boy.” So.. you came to my locker for small talk?” Kali questioned him skeptically.
“Actually, I just wanted to walk you to class,” he told her politely. Kali rolled her eyes as she rung out her hair. They walked through the classroom door and sat down immediately as Creide looked at her brother questioningly. He shook his head at her and she shrugged back as she pulled out her essays and passed them up. Kali had already passed hers up and the teacher was reading over hers. “Hey Kali?” the teacher called out. “Yes Professor?” Kali replied ignoring Arawn and Creide exchanging glances. “May I make copies of your essay? It's well constructed and has all of the information I could have dreamed of. I would love to hand them out to my other classes and have them read through it,” the teacher had told her. “Of course Professor, do what you wish.” Arawn looked at Creide and focused intently before closing his eyes and shaking his head, trying to return to reality. As the teacher put the essays on his desk he began his lecture, “Okay, now. Who can tell me what a shape shifter demon is? How about you new guy?” Creide looked at him and got tense, knowing he doesn't normally do his work. “They're the protectors of the Earth,” Arawn explained. “And what are their powers?” the teacher continued. “They have the power to change into any animate object and the last lady has the power to control the element earth which represents life, and fire, which represents death and destruction,” he stated, waiting for his interrogation to end. “Good job for a student who didn't complete his assignment. Now. New girl, who would be the second shape shifter and why is their only one left?” the teacher asked Creide. “Well... The second shape shifter is the first shape shifter's soul mate. They were destined to be together as that was how they were born. They were created when the world needed them most and until now, there was always two of them, sharing each other's powers. The Last Lady actually has gone missing though and her soul mate was never discovered.”
“Good job Creide. Maybe you should try to teach your brother a few things before the test? Good job everyone I'll return your essays and continue this lesson tomorrow because I have to grade these and go to a meeting. You may be excused,” the teacher began as he began grading essays.
Kali walked out of the classroom quickly followed by Creide, “hey, do you want to hang out today? I mean maybe stay after school or something,” Creide asked pleadingly. “I don't know. I have a lot to do today,” Kali replied, trying to come up with a way to blow her off. “Please Kali? I don't have any friends and I'm getting tired of hanging out with Arawn all day,” she begged. “Okay, fine. We can hang out here. We aren't going to my house and we certainly aren't going to your house. Come on,” she sighed as she put her stuff into her locker. Arawn smiled and ran off to his motorcycle and moved it so they couldn't see before heading out into the woods.
Kali walked to the side of the school and began to climb up the side. Creide looked at her with concern but followed in pursuit. As Kali reached the top she hopped over the edge and pulled Creide up and over the edge of the building. Creide looked out and gasped, “this is breathtaking,” she said, gazing at what she saw before her. All she could see was the tops of the green trees and birds flying to and fro. “Do you come up here often?” Creide asked, still taking everything in. “Yeah. This school is full of so many creatures that I get a headache just thinking about it. I usually come up here when I can't stand being around them. It's even better when it rains,” she smiled, “oh no,” she said, her smile fading, “I'm sorry Creide I really have to go home now. I'll see you tomorrow at school. Bye!” Kali hopped off the roof and landed on the balls of her feet and ran towards the woods.

Creide's eyes widened as she sucked herself out of herself and to her brother's mind, “Arawn! Stop!” she yelled into his mind before he pushed her out. Creide climbed down the school and began running through the woods, immediately after going into the trees a cloud of smoke had engulfed her and a light gray wolf emerged. She ran hoping that it wouldn't be too late.
Kali had already turned into a wolf and was running toward her home but decided to take a quick detour. She ran towards a clearing where she stopped and looked a lake that was crystal clear. She smiled and whispered, “Maybe I should go back one day. See what I can learn from the records.” She ran over to the water and jumped in, still in her wolf form. She howled in content before swimming across and getting out. She shook to get some of the water out of her coat and decided to walk the rest of the way home.

Creide ran to a small clearing and found a large house. She ran towards it and turned into her human form, “Arawn? Are you there? Where are you?” she whispered loudly. “I'm up here,” Arawn called out, sticking his head out the window, “What's wrong?” he asked her. “She's... She's... Coming,” Creide panted. Arawn's eyes grew wide and he jumped out the window holding a book. “I found something but we should leave now,” he said as he put the book in a bag and turned into his wolf form. He began running, the bag still clinging to his back, followed by his sister.

Kali finally reached the clearing in which her house was but froze when she caught the scent of two other wolves that weren't her or Perses. They weren't wolves at all. They were wolf demons. “They tricked me,” she snarled, “they'll regret this tomorrow. They won't know what hit them,” and with that, Kali turned into her human form and walked up the stairs to her room, lied down on her bed, and fell asleep.

“That was close,” Arawn said as he and Creide emerged from the trees. “Yeah,” Creide agreed, “now lets go home and find out what this is all about.” Arawn and Creide hopped onto Arawn's motorcycle and sped away, anxious to discover the truth behind this mysterious girl.


© 2010 Kara Jade


Author's Note

Kara Jade
Here's chapter two, please message me or leave comments of critique or suggestions, it's much appreciated.
~Kara Jade

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

306 Views
Added on June 23, 2010
Last Updated on June 23, 2010