Intoduction : Welcome to my world

Intoduction : Welcome to my world

A Chapter by Firecrystal1092
"

This is the first chapter and her of an epic book saga following the life of Fire Crystal and her teammates. This is book one I hope you like it.

"
Welcome to my world

Fire is an amazing element. It holds power, truth, light, and can sometimes be dangerous in the wrong hands. My job is to make sure that fire can be used for good and given enough time can be controled and maintained. 

I know it sounds crazy right? Who can control fire. Well, that is what my firends and I deal with we live on a planet were everything seems impossible is a reality. 

A world that orginally was supposed to be a world of peace, has become nothing more then a world filled with broken dreams and false promises created by the government to keep the people quiet.

 But, my firends and I know the truth and we are determined to let the public know and the huge conspiracy surrounding their peace. 

My name is Fire Crystal and my firends and I are Ninja police soliders designed to fight back against the oppression of the government. 

Many people call us Grunts, Black ops, or Secret agents but we are nothing of the sort. We are a new breed that has yet to be created on earth. 

We are undefineable. The Ninja Police core as we are called have eight ranks. Grunt or trainee, Junior grunt, Junior officer which is often the teenagers or well trained fighters. Deputy officer, Comanding officer, Sargent officer, General  and finally the chief. 

We are trained underground and a way from public eye; we are trained at a young age to make sure we are ready for the dangers that await us in the line of duty. 

-------------------------------------------------------------

" Thank you, I will see you soon bye". My grandma Nature said as she put the phone back down on the hook. She had a short bob like cut, with big round glasses.Her hair like mine was a dark purple. And no it is not dyied her hair is naturally purple and so is mine. 

I guess you figured out I'm not exactly human zelens look human exept for a few minor differences that most people on earth might over look. For instance our bodies are longer, and more musclar in some areas it depends on the person. 

We are also stronger. Have better bone structure and we also have what humans call super powers or unnatural abilites. I can lift thirty cars with one hand. But, I doubt it would make any difference. Because, I was born early so I did not get the superior bone structure most of my teammates have. 

So, in  a lot of ways I have what people might call a disability making me nearly human. If not for my super strength,speed and incredible fire powers. 

I'm also studying to become a healer so, I have extendive knowlage of our bodies as well as other races antomy.

 But, there are limits to my powers my flames can only last for so long, and often times my powers respond to my emotional state if I get too frustrated or angery I might fizzle out or loose control. 

I know what your thinking, stop bragging and just get to the point. 

I live on a planet called Zelen which translates to Utopia in our lanuage  but things are not as peaceful as they seem. 

My grandmother Nature is a legend like most crystal clan woman, is known for her short temper and amazing powers, she can control the world around her. Any environment any element she can do it. 

Nature helped raise me when my parents disappeared during the war that took place ten years ago. I was only three then, most people believe them to be dead. But, I will not rest until I discover the truth for myself even if I die trying to get it. 


Like most people on my planet she stopped ageing around her twenties or thirties but there were still crows feet, under her eyes to give people a guess at her real age which was seventy-seven. 

She turns towards me as she sits down on the couch looking at me like a disapporving parent, crossing her legs as she sat her hands on her lap her expression saying, " Explaination now".

She looks at me and says, "So what happened back there I thought we agreed you steak the place out before making a bust".

I was sitting down on the couch with a busted lip, black eye around my electric blue eyes,cuts all over my face blood falling down the sides of my mouth. As I held a icepack on my blackeye with a look of shame and regret on my face as I look at my grandmother. 

I rolled my eyes and put the icepack down on the coffee table with frustration and anger my purple hair surrounded by purple flames as my hair danced and swayed like a candle. 

" I said I was sorry what more do you want"? I snapped as I sat up and looked at her, she stared at me like I was a rotten kid in need of punishment and she tapped her feet with impatience. 

Nature sighed and said, "I want you to tell me what happened, I want you to open up Fire, enough with the rebellous teenager phase and start acting like a cop".

I sighed and ran my fingers through my hair, my hair burning hotter and brighter as I got more and more upset. 

" I was trying to think like mom, I was trying to become what you wanted me to, I was trying to do my job. But, I guess no matter what I do you will only ever see me as a child and not the officer of the law".

Nature looked at me sadly and said, "Fire you know that is not true I'm just trying to look out for you, I do not want to darish my daughter's memory by loosing you too".

Nature stood up and sat down next to me on the couch, my grandma Nature had hurt herself in a war many years ago and could no longer fight in the line of duty. 

Everytime I get hurt, or injured she acts like this I understand that I'm her granddaughter but she was not supposed to treat me any different then the other officers on her team and I'm tired of her treating me different. 

I know she just wanted to show how much she loved me. To show she cared, but if we were ever in a tight situation it would be her concern over my well being that could get us in serious trouble. 

I sighed and said, "I know, you care about me, but I do not know why you are so upset, I volunteered to do this remember? I want to help people, I want to be useful. I do not want just sit around and wait knowing I could do the right thing".

" I'm Sorry I'm not like my sister, sorry I do not know how to listen better, but being obedient is not my thing". I added bitterly as I got up from the couch and upstairs to my room.

As soon as I got into my room I kicked off my combat boots, layed down on the bed and stared at the celing. The tinking of the clock and the sound of my heart the only sound that filled the empty room. 

Water, its been months and you still are not back yet, where are you?'.. I thought as I pictured up a picture frame where a picture of my sister and I at the park on the swings when we were little. 

I smiled fondly at the picture, my sister was smart a born leader, strong ferice. But, sometimes it is her faith in rules that could lead to her downfall. 

 They  tried to enlist me as the new team leader for Team Nature. But, I felt like I was not ready for such a big responsibility. So I gave the postion up to my older sister Water. I have regretted it every since. 

My sister Water was obessed with the rules of our core often making us stand in attention and listening to passages in the book to remind us of our true purpose. 

I smiled down at the picture of Water and said, "Water I did it, I made another bust. Soon I might beat grandma's record. Can you believe people are calling me a prodigy? I think you deserve that glory not me".

The sudden banging of the door interrupted my thoughts I first I thought it was Nature trying to explain why she ' understood' why I was acting up. I did steak the place out, I caught the guy they were looking for and I get in trouble for it?

" Go away grandma I will apologize later okay, I just need sometime alone". I yelled out and clutched the picture closer to my chest. 

I stared back at the door, there was slience for a few minutes before the banging continued again, I opened the door and looked around to find nobody around. 

I rolled my eyes and slammed the door behind me and locked it and continued to think about sister and her long journey. I knew that she alright though, sometimes missions drag on longer then they were supposed to. 

I jumped when the knocking resumed again, only this time I was able to tell where it was coming from. It was not coming from my bedroom door, or the front door but the window on the balcony of my room. 

I opened the door to the balcony and looked around and saw blood on the ground and the back of a figure grunting in pain. The figure was female and looked to be in great pain. 

My heart went out to this wayward soul and slowly crept closer to the figure holding my sword in case it was an enemy. 

" Who are you"? I said nervously as I held my sword close to my chest and began to raise the sword above my head execution style when the figure removed their hood. 

" Come on Fire, I know its been a few months but I know you are not that forgetful are you"? 

I gasped as I heard the famillar voice, it has been months. Seven months since I have seen her and yet, she was exactly how I remember her. 

I imediately dropped the sword down on the floor with shock happy tears spiling down my face as I ran over and hugged Water. 

" I missed you" I said softly as I hugged her, she gave me a gentle motherly like smile and pulled me back and then looked up at me as if memorizing my appearance. 

" I missed you too Fi that is why this is so diffcult, to say but this letter was given to me, you are of age so you have to read it". 

Water looked like she wanted to cry, or reasure me of something because she kept shooting me this look of guilt and anger like she was guilty she could not stop it. 

" Water what is going on, what are you talking about, I'm of age for what exactly"? 

I asked with confusion and fear, I was afraid to know what was making her sad, and confused because I had no idea how bad it could be. 

Water pullled a small envelope and turned her head away as she handed it to me and said, 
"Just read it Fire, they already explained that my time is long over due". 

I looked down at the envelope and then looked at her to see if it was okay to open it now, she gave me a small nod I slowly opened the letter to read it. 

Dear Fire Flare Crystal, You are now of age, every heir is given an oppurnity to join the ninja police core but there is a catch.

 If they have a second heir then they must have a arranged marriage created by either the royal court, or the parents of said, child. Since, you are the second heir, you must give up or right to choose your future spouse to ensure the blance between clans.
 
 Since the crystal clan is already large enough you will be married into another clan to help blance the numbers of each clan. 

Your marriage is a special case though, not only did the royal court .

(The court in charge of looking after royal members like you in the ninja police core.) And your parents arranged it together shortly before their disappearance over ten years ago. 

The second heir marriage act, was passed in 1993 during the war to help clans repopulate and help blance the miltary forces.

But, since the war ended there was no need to inforce it, however since this document was set before the end of the war that makes you engaged. 

You might be excited, you might think of it as a punishment. You might be concerned about being marriged off at such a young age. 

But, your parents Heather Sky and David Crystal refused to do it unless you were married to a child of a friend of theirs so it will most likely be someone you know already. 

Especially since Nature agreed to take the royal members if they decided to become officers which all of you have. 

You are set to marry the prince of the Storm clan Danel Davis Storm, by the end of your seventeenth birthday. I hope you at least give it a chance before making up your mind. 

Signed, 

chief Saraha Wind

I sat down at the chair with shock, tears running down my face, "No. I can't do this, I'm ready why is this happening to me why me".

Water frowned and hugged me and said,
" I'm sorry Fire mom and dad did not want to do it. But, if they did not do it they would have killed you, you know how cruel the royal court is if they do not get there way."

I looked at her with anger and then pointed at the letter my hair flaring up as I looked at her with betrayal and anger " Did you know".

Water looked at me and said," Fire calm d"- I grabbed her by the shirt and glared at her with anger. 

"Did you know". I asked slower as I looked at her with a hopeful look, I had hoped that if she knew she would have told me

" No, they told me during my mission I wish I could do something for you but, this is what it means to be a princess, eventually I have to do too". Water said


"Yeah but you get to pick who are with, I don't. I mean I like Danel but do I really want to be stuck with him forever not knowing if it was just a stupid crush". I said 

"If being a princess means giving away my future, just so other people can be happy then I do not want to be one". I added with frustration 

" Fire sometimes you have to do things you do not like for the benfit of the people, you marrying Danel is what is best for Carden at least give him a chance". Water said

" Fine, I will give him a chance". 


© 2016 Firecrystal1092


Author's Note

Firecrystal1092
I hope you like this. This story has been re-written and revised over sixty times and I wil revise it again, and again until Fire's story becomes a novel worth reading.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

215 Views
Added on February 25, 2015
Last Updated on February 27, 2016
Tags: Fire Crystal, Crime, Adventure, Mystery, Romance, Girl Heroes, Fiction, Supense


Author

Firecrystal1092
Firecrystal1092

About
I have been writing since I was a small child, I hope to be a published author. I like to write about Girl enpowered stories,because I feel like there is not enough role models for girls to look up t.. more..

Writing