The Bond of Sisters : Oppsite elements collide

The Bond of Sisters : Oppsite elements collide

A Chapter by Firecrystal1092
"

Water and Fire catch up after Water's mission and the two heirs soon find themselves in a strange situation that they must over come together.

"
 Water has only been back for a couple of days, but to me the seven months she had left, has created a strange tension between us. It was normal for siblings to butt heads every once and awhile, but even to me how we have been acting has been pushing it. 

We fought almost every second we come into eye contact, I had changed dramatically since Water left. The first thing I did was ditch the rule book, and started to act on my own instincts. 

Instead of my hair being  short and neat like my sisters, when I started coming of age my body went through a lot of changes. The biggest change was my hair.

My hair shoots out in all directions now like a wild flame or dancing candle light, when my powers are activated my hair glows and dances like a flame my dark purple hair is surrounded by a bright purple that so bright that it looks pink.

When I turned eleven years old my hair grew and became more wild and out of control I try to cut my hair or brush it the hair brush would melt or the hair would grow back . So, I decided to keep my hair down at least  people can see where my name came from.  

But, that was not the only change. I also put on a old outfit that belonged to my mother. 

It was a battle uniform. At first glance it would appear like a simple jogging sports windbreaker, but in battle it can be used as a bullet proof vest, there were little holes inside of the jacket to prevent over heating. 


My mother like me was a free spirit she refused to listen to anyone, she became a hero a true ninja police officer, I wish I had, had more time with her before she disappeared. 


I know it is hard to believe we could get along at all,before in the past how we managed it I would never know. I mean, she is a rule follower I'm a rule breaker. She reads books on proper forms and styles of fighting and I dance and meditate and focus on the mind. 

While, I know it is important to be graceful, and balanced it is also important to be quick, and think on your toes. That is why I took a interest in combining a dance style with fighting moves that Nature had taught me. 

One of the few dances I have grown fond of was ballet, I have taken several classes on it and found a way of using those graceful athletic movements into a fighting style. 

My fighting style was a combination of gymnastics, ballet, karate, and street fighting. Some would say that is crazy and does not make sense, but for me it just works. 

I had tried to make myself have structure and form but no matter what I did nothing seemed to work right for me. 

Water and I used to stick together it was hard to find one of us alone. We were always the crystal duo, and now, We fight and disagree with each other all the time.

It breaks my heart how such strong bonds could be severed in a short amount of time. I felt like I'm split in half and without Water I can never be complete. 

Its strange to think, that just seven months ago she went on her first solo mission. Her very first mission without anyone else around. With no one to talk to or help her through her problems. Reconnecting with family and friends must seem hard for her. 


After a while I decided that things will not get better by sitting around doing nothing, I went towards Water's room determined to help fix what has been broken, to rebuild the bridge and cross the river. 

I knocked on her door and waited for the door to open but no answer came. Curious, I put my head against the door and heard sobbing? Water was crying? 

Water hardly ever cried, she was always the more mature,quiet one. While I have been the rebellious, carefree,loud and abrasiveness one, so hear her cry made me want to rush in and help her. 

I curled my hands into fists, my body trembling as I slowly opened the door, my first thought was turning back and leaving Water alone but I silenced those thoughts and banished them down a deep dark tunnel of stubbornness and anger. 

Anger for whatever made her cry, and stubbornness for refusing to turn back to my pit of pain, and confusion that I was in before. 

I wanted to be a good sister but at the same time, I wanted to respect her privacy. I did not want her to feel uncomfortable. I kept looking back and forth between her door and mine deciding whether or not I should go in and comfort her. 

" Come on you can do this". I muttered under my breath I turned the doorknob and entered the room and what I saw broke my heart. 

My normally strong sensible sister, holding something close to her chest, as the tears cascaded down her face. She was mumbling something, but I could not hear most of it the most I could hear was It can't be, it can't be over and over again. 

" Water, are you okay"? I asked with worry and concern, I stood by the door way, looking at my sister, her hair was longer because during her mission, she was too busy to get her hair cut, so here she was cutting her hair into its usual bob cut, with her bangs parted away from her face. 

I picked her her dark blue locks and threw them away,I sat down on the bed beside her and looked at her sadly, she refused to look at me. 

She was hiding something from me, I could tell. She hardly ever avoids me, and now every time she sees me her smiles are forced, her face goes pale and her eyes refuse to look my way. 

" Water, what is going on, you never cry". I said with worry and anger wondering what was so painful that she felt she could not come to me and talk about it. 

" Let's just say, you are not the only one going through an arranged marriage". I froze and slowly turned to look at her, my hands curled into a fist. 

" What"! I shout with shock, I felt angry at our parents, why would they do this? I tried to think of what is happening in a positive light but, now all I see is darkness and it scares me, I understand why I have to, but why does Water have to go through the same pain. 

" Who is it" I said quietly,with anger and rage, the heat of my flames building up side of me as my hair flares up again, my hair dancing like a candle. As I tried to think of who it might be Water looks at me fear and worry. 

  Tears fell down Water's face again, as she hugged me close to her and said, "Fire do not get upset, its okay remember how I said we have to make sacrifices for the good of our people, well this is one of those times".

She was panicking, She was thinking I tried to cool down, but the situation as made me burn up with rage and confusion. 

" How could this do this to us, can't tell see we have enough to deal with already, lets add marriage to the mix!" I growled with anger as I punched the wall and pulled back, to reveal a fresh burn mark with black scorched holes. 

" Fire, Calm down you are going to destroy the whole house, its no big deal"! Water said as she tried to catch my arm before I could land another punch. 

" Who is it Water, who is the one they are forcing you to marry, who is it"! I said with rage, my voice becoming more and more demon like, I became more and more enraged.

"Oh no not again". I said as I clutched my head trying and backing way from Water as if I was a nuclear bomb about explode. I had once said, if my emotions go out of control so does my flames, 

But, what I did not tell you is a long time ago, when then I was born, I had this strange, split personality, that made was darker, sinister and tried to influence my actions. 

At first it started whispering things in my head trying to get me to do things, then it became to influence my mood and my flames. The voice craved destruction and violence, which is why one day it took over and I became a weapon of destruction. 

I soon found out that when my parents were taken. A witch named Black Plague had put a spell on me, a old dark spell that gave people a demonic soul. She did not do it to just me either about half of our generation had gotten attacked with this spell. 

" Fire its okay, its going to be fine" She whispered as she hugged me rocking me back and forth.

"Take a deep breath, its fine". Water said calmly as she ran her fingers through my  hair I took deep breaths and soon the flames around my hair faded and my hair stopped dancing around like a candle and fell gracefully down to my shoulders again.

" Water are we going to be okay, why are we like this, why can't we do want we want, why do we have to please everyone". I asked 

Water looked at me and said, "Because, someone needs to care for the people, that is why we are here Fire to protect the people and put others over ourselves. Even if it means giving up our own happiness".

I nodded and said, "Do not be afraid to tell me who it is Water, I will not hate you for it because we are in it together".

" Okay you deserve to know the truth, the man I'm arranged to marry is Jimmy Reads". Water said 

I felt my face pale at that name. 

Jimmy Reads was one of the few people that does not deserve to have a badge he was rude, insensitive and cruel. Water used to have a crush with that jerk, until a few years ago when he threaten to hurt me and everyone Water cared about, if she did not do what he said. 

They were dating for a while, but Water managed to find a way out of that situation now she has to deal with that abusive jerk all over again. At least I got paired with someone who cared about me, but, Jimmy probably only cared about the status of being king not Water. 

I had to figure out a way to get us out of this mess. Even though Water and I are total opposites, sometimes we get landed into equally awkward situations, like this one that makes my heart turn cold and my flesh burn inside, at the thought of them. 

" I swear to you Water I will find us a way of this" I said with determination and conviction. I had to figure this whole thing out, I did not want to get married before I can control my own powers, I do not want to be with someone else before, I discover my own purpose.

There has to be another way. There just has to. 

Water shook her head and said, "This is the type of situation your rebellious acts can't fix, we are heirs to our thrown we must do what is necessary for our clan".

I looked at her and said, "We do not have do this, this is the twentieth first century not the sixteen hundreds we do not have to put up with this anymore, we have the right to choose our own paths".

Water frowned and said, "Do not be childish, you are acting like a fool this is not just about us anymore it is about what is best for us, do not be selfish!".

I looked at her anger and said, "Just because you follow the rules, and refuse to stand up for yourself does not mean, that I have to, I'm not selfish, I just want to be what I want to for a change, I figured you would want that too".

Water frowned and said, "Fire I do but I can't, I have to do what is right for my clan, I must do my duty as a officer of the law, I have to protect you and be the older sister I promised to be all those years ago".

I glared at her and said, "You do not have to protect me anymore I can handle myself"!

I rolled my eyes knowing I was not going to get anywhere, with Water I decided to leave. I got off the bed, and shook my head with disappointment, I did not know what to think about this whole situation. 

But, I had to leave before I started to loose control again, and put another whole in the wall, I grumpily walked towards the door.

I was about to leave when Water looked at me and says, Fire, wait do not go,  I need you, now more then ever, I know you are frustrated but you have to bare with me".

I shook my head and said, "How much do I have to endure before I fall apart"? I was obviously talking about going back home and becoming a princess again, dealing with Danel who was my fiancee now. 

I will probably not look at him the same way again, I do not even know what he looks like now, how is he? Is he stronger now, how did he take the arranged marriage announcement. 

Water frowned and said," I know it seems unfair, someday, things will be better you will see".

" Do you love him"? 

" Who"? She asked curious about who I was referring too sometimes, I tease her about John-John a boy that does woodworking, and has lighting powers. He is a funny guy and is a good thinker in tough situations. 

"Jimmy of course, come on the thing that started this drama fest, your marriage towards that jerk". I gripped as I laid my head down on the pillow and lied down on the bed. 

"No, I don't he is a jerk, I'm not happy with this situation, I thought that my husband would be more...nice". Water said sadly as she laid down beside me on the bed. 

I smiled and said, "You should have said that in the first place it does not hurt to admit you are human and not a mindless rule following robot".

Water rolled her eyes and said, "Shut up I'm not a robot".

" Could've fooled me". I muttered under my breath thinking about all the times she made us practice all the battle forms and rules from the handbook.

Water smirked and said, "I heard that".

We laughed and then looked up at the ceiling enjoying the sound of the birds chirping, the rushing of the waterfall and the swaying of the wind blowing through the trees. 

And for a while none of us said a word, after a while, a song popped into my head, Water used to sing me to sleep when we were younger, we would listen to music when all the adults thought we were asleep. 

  Beyond the flowers, Beyond the trees are the memories, of the past, of the past, every color and every song are things that always last so long. 

 And  I know, as long as the crows sing and the rain falls gently you will remember, remember, remember, remember me. 

Sorrowful songs, songs of bliss, there are memories behind every kiss, and every story that remains, will come back just the same.

Everything that is meant to be, will come naturally, if it is true, and if its bright.

 I hope you see the difference between dark and light, and when the stars, shine through sky, just remember, remember the way your eyes sparkle deep inside. 

Your a rushing waterfall, a shunning flame, you make everyday different, but the same and with these condictions, fiction and truth I will stay by you. 

I may not be special, or all that great, I may not be all that smart, but believe me when I say you are a work of art. Colorful and true, together there is nothing we cannot do. 

Yes, the world can be tough, the world can be cruel but I will get up and remember all that we have been through. 

We are sisters, sisters, connected at birth, forever, together, never alone, no matter how bad no matter the danger we will be be together. 

Different but the same. Fire and Water, different but the same, together we will show them, we can follow our hearts, stand up for ourselves and make sure to never forget the bond we build. 

Sorrowful songs,songs of bliss,
Sorrowful song,s songs of bliss,

Sorrowful songs, Songs of bliss

There is a story behind every kiss, behind every truth, I will wait right here for you, you are river, and I'm your torch lets light up the world. 

Remember, Remember the bond that we share, the bond that we share, the bond that we share. 
 
Friendships, hardships, evil and pain will not stop me, will not stop me, no way. 

Love, Friendship and moral values. Will bring us, will bring us together again, and in the end we will be with each other forever again. 

Suddenly I heard a choking sound, I turned my head towards Water and saw her with tears down her face, there were not sad tears they tears of joy and remembrance as she looked at me with surprise. 

" I had thought, you had changed too much, to remember the past that we had been through together, you were just so different when I came back I did not know how to face you".

 Water said as she put her hand on my cheek, and looked at me as if she had seen for the first time, her eyes glistening with amazement and wonder.

I smiled and said, "I will never forget my older sister, we share a pain, that none of the others could understand now, we both are forced to love those that seem impossible to be loved". 

"Danel is not impossible to love, you are luck sister, I do not even know if you realize how lucky you are". Water said with a smile

"I know, I was talking about me, I'm the one that is impossible to be loved, and Jimmy is one too, we are cut from the same cloth I do not deserve Danel".

Water frowned and said, "Let Danel be the judge of that, do not make his choices for him, I can tell already that he-".

Suddenly there was a knock on the door and Nature walks in and looks in to see us laying on the bed staring at the celing. 

" There you guys are I have been looking everywhere for you, I hope your hungry I made food". Nature said cheerfully 

No thanks I'm hungry. I was about to say under my stomach decided to speak for me. I blushed and said, "Yeah food sounds good".

Nature looks at Water and says "What were you two up too I thought I heard yelling and banging sounds coming from this room"?

Water smiled and said, "Just getting to know each other"

Nature rolled her eyes and said, "Well do it a little quieter next time, or go outside I do not want you guys damaging my house again".

Water smiled and said, "We won't damage it again, its perfectly safe". 

"Heard that before, I do not even want to know what you guys are talking about". Nature said when she looked at the sorch marks, the walls still smoking from my punch earlier. 

To be continued.....


© 2016 Firecrystal1092


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

156 Views
Added on March 14, 2015
Last Updated on February 27, 2016
Tags: Sister bonding, Girl heroes, Fire Crystal, Water Crystal, Fanatasy, Family, Action


Author

Firecrystal1092
Firecrystal1092

About
I have been writing since I was a small child, I hope to be a published author. I like to write about Girl enpowered stories,because I feel like there is not enough role models for girls to look up t.. more..

Writing