No Heroes

No Heroes

A Chapter by Keegan
"

Chapter Two of The Monster Within

"

So.  You're sticking around?  Alright then.  There's no going back now, my bud.  So saddle up, you're in for the long haul.  

Hmmm... where do I even start?  Well, I guess there's a few things you ought to know before I just dive in.  

Number one:  I'm sure you've read adventure stories before.  I used to as well.  I remember thinking, "How cool would it be to be on my own adventure?  To be important, a hero."  Well, let me tell you:  It's awful.  It's dangerous and lonely, it doesn't pay worth a damn.  And I am not a hero.  

At best, I just get lucky.  

Y'know?  If I really was a hero, I wouldn't tell you anything.  I wouldn't be putting you in danger for no reason.  I still don't know why I'm telling you any of this.  Maybe I'm just sick of fighting the "good fight" on my own.  One thing I do know, though.  You would have figured it out on your own eventually.  You're curious, and stubborn.  Stupid, really, to be so stubborn.  You'll learn, if you live long enough.  Like I learned.  But it's more likely that we'll both end up dead.

But we're here right now.  So, just because it's pointless doesn't mean we shouldn't make the most of the time we do have.  Anyway, let's move on.

Number two:  Growing up, you were told that monsters aren't real.  Well, every grown up ever is dead a*s wrong.  Those shadows under your bed?  Yeah.  Oh, and that wasn't just a fuzzy sweater in your closet.  Every time you ever felt like something was watching you - it was. 



© 2017 Keegan


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I love the tone so far. You're nailing it!

Posted 6 Years Ago


Again, another nicely written chapter. I like the way in which it is playing out and really am intrigued as to where it is going to go. I am a MASSIVE fan of all things dark and that go bump in the night. So as you can imagine, this story is going to hold my interest. I only wish the chapters were longer, but I do look forward to whats coming next.

Mark

Posted 7 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

176 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 12, 2017
Last Updated on May 12, 2017
Tags: The Monster Within, Seattle, condensed milk, chapter two, no heroes


Author

Keegan
Keegan

Under the floorboards., MI



About
Just a gal who likes to write. Isn't that why we're all here? I was formerly known as Seattle on Protagonize.com My heart breaks to know that that adventure is over. I'm now in search of a new c.. more..

Writing
Full Disclosure Full Disclosure

A Chapter by Keegan


Dust Bunnies Dust Bunnies

A Chapter by Keegan


Haunted Haunted

A Chapter by Keegan