04

04

A Chapter by KYLEtheHUTT

_
4




Four years of REBELLION...that was all it took. The period of time served as Sawyer's moment of truth. A truth that sculpted him into a fearsome and ruthless soldier, trained in stealth, infiltration, and enemy disruption. Some would look at him and be proud, others would shake their heads in repentance
--considering that boy from Juntar who had become a guerrilla, consumed by what most thought to be unimaginable. The harsh realities of war, a war between the rebels and the GALACTIC EMPIRE. Only recently had the ragtag caucus grown into a full-fledged resistance movement, deemed the ALLIANCE TO RESTORE THE REPUBLIC.



Certainly, destroying the DEATH STAR before it had a chance to obliterate Yavin 4--
like it had done to Alderaan--was commendable. But the Medal of Valor? C'mon! The corporal couldn't believe it, standing there in a formation at the ROYAL AWARD CEREMONY in the GREAT TEMPLE OF MASSASSI.

He'd been apart of the Rebellion for years now and hadn't received any formal recognition for his heroics on all the missions he'd risked his life to complete
--he was starting to lose count. Prolly 'cause the higher-ups don't want to acknowledge those missions, he wagered. Now, though, some motley crew was being adorned for saving the Princess and blowing up that moon-sized planetkiller. Hmph. He stood there, proud that they'd all scored such a huge victory--even still, he'd wished it had been him and his team.

Cracken and Madine probably could've come up with some way for them to infiltrate the superstructure and sabotage that thing from the inside long before it got to Yavin if the Princess hadn't muffed up her mission to get them those plans sooner. Instead, she had to get bailed out by these two
--Skywalker and Solo--who were accompanied by some Wookiee and a couple of droids. Sawyer shook his head dolefully. Surprised they pulled it off, he thought--looking down the row to his right to see one of his superiors, Lokmarcha, standing there laxed like a lot of the other SpecForcers--if that Wookiee's anything like Lok...he prolly carried this band of misfits. That realization made him smirk, he'd heard about how strong Wookiees were and knew he'd never want to get thrown into a ring with one of them. So that had to be it, that Wookiee had to be the reason why they'd all been able to pull it off. He was content with his rationalization...even more content when the ceremony had finally ended.


© 2015 KYLEtheHUTT


Author's Note

KYLEtheHUTT
If you have questions, critiques, comments...by all means. Otherwise, hope you enjoy the read.

Thanks.

p.s. This is an on-going thing, so I'll likely continue to add to it.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Hi Kyle
Thanks for posting. My wife and I were looking forward to the first showing of Star Wars, we had seen a preview that promised "Coming This Summer." We found out the movie would premier in Alabama at a little theatre in a little town about 50 miles from our home in Birmingham. We caught the late show and we were the only people in the theatre. The manager said there was a fair crowd at the afternoon show, "But, no big deal" His expert opinion was, "It's pretty good, but it's no Smoky and the Bandit, now that was a movie!" So much for expert opinions.

The denizens of Writers Club are skimpy feeders. Big blocks of print scare them off. I suggest you break this into bite size chapters. Good writing and good imagination. I hope you have as much luck as the fun you are having with this genre.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

KYLEtheHUTT

8 Years Ago

Thanks for the response. I'll take you up on your advice and I'll toss this into sub-chapters or so.. read more



Reviews

Hi Kyle
Thanks for posting. My wife and I were looking forward to the first showing of Star Wars, we had seen a preview that promised "Coming This Summer." We found out the movie would premier in Alabama at a little theatre in a little town about 50 miles from our home in Birmingham. We caught the late show and we were the only people in the theatre. The manager said there was a fair crowd at the afternoon show, "But, no big deal" His expert opinion was, "It's pretty good, but it's no Smoky and the Bandit, now that was a movie!" So much for expert opinions.

The denizens of Writers Club are skimpy feeders. Big blocks of print scare them off. I suggest you break this into bite size chapters. Good writing and good imagination. I hope you have as much luck as the fun you are having with this genre.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

KYLEtheHUTT

8 Years Ago

Thanks for the response. I'll take you up on your advice and I'll toss this into sub-chapters or so.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

182 Views
1 Review
Added on September 21, 2015
Last Updated on October 2, 2015
Tags: Star Wars


Author

KYLEtheHUTT
KYLEtheHUTT

a galaxy far, far away..., a galaxy far, far away



About
If you can't tell from my display name, I'm a bit of an avid Star Wars fan. I love it. I spend most of my free time reading and writing about Star Wars. On that note, if you're looking for so.. more..

Writing
01 01

A Chapter by KYLEtheHUTT


02 02

A Chapter by KYLEtheHUTT


03 03

A Chapter by KYLEtheHUTT