01

01

A Chapter by KYLEtheHUTT

_
1




Born twenty-two years before the BATTLE OF YAVIN. The boy's providence was etched into history by the drum of his heart beating into the world in perfect harmony with the cadence of more than one million clone troopers marching toward their first battle. It was no mere happenstance that he'd become a man whose life was dedicated to war, just like the genetically identical warriors that were deployed officially--as the GRAND ARMY OF THE REPUBLIC
--that very same day.



Ann Thrills, his mother, would have been a clerk to the OFFICE OF THE CHANCELLOR on any other day. This day, however, for the first time in her life...she was a mother. Bedded in GALACTIC CITY'S best hospital, cradling her newborn son in her arms, tears shedding down her rosy red cheeks. A reflection of both her joy and her sadness. Her husband, Kyle Thrills, was not at her side. He was an aide to Vice Chancellor Mas Amedda and was deprived of witnessing the birth of their son due to the nature of his occupation.



Far removed from the focus of the GRAND CONVOCATION CHAMBER, he stood there, gathered in one of the many repulsorpods located on the outer edges of the largest room in the SENATE BUILDING. With him, various aides and assistants were holding their datapads and taking notes. That's what he should have been doing. Instead, his datapad rested on his forearm, wedged between his grip and the crook of his elbow. He stared down at it, but his thoughts wandered far from it. Ensnared by his longing to be with his wife at this pivotal point of their lives. A point to which he could never return to, never relive, and never look back on...because he wasn't there. He was here, attending a session of Congress, missing the birth of his first child. And for what? Here to announce some new appointment of some disgruntled Senator? Here to bear witness to another Senator issuing ARTICLES OF SECESSION for his sector seceding the Republic? Here to negotiate peace agreements between warring planets? No. Here to grant the Supreme Chancellor even more emergency powers?

Representative Binks, acting on behalf of Senator Amidala, spoke out from his repulsorpod.

"It's a clear desa Separatists made a pact witha desa Federation du Trade. Senators! Dellow Felegates! In response to this direct threat to the Republic, mesa propose that the Senate give immediately emergency powahs to the Supreme Chancellor!"

The SENATE ROTUNDA erupted with cheers and chants of satisfaction and approval. The previous question was posed in jest to mock the Vice Chancellor's insistence on him being present for the symposium. He knew that Amedda favored Palpatine, but hadn't expected that influence to infiltrate the repulsorpod of Senator Amidala. It was maddening, that he'd miss his son being born...for this. But now he understood why.

From the center of the room, the Supreme Chancellor quieted the chamber's enthusiastic echo.

"It is with great reluctance that I have agreed to this calling. I love democracy... I love the Republic. But I am mild by nature, and I do not desire to see the destruction of democracy. The power you give me, I will lay down when this crisis has abated. I promise you. And as my first act with this new authority, I will create a Grand Army of the Republic to counter the increasing threats of the Separatists."

This was what he would remember about the day of his son being born. Not a shared memory with his loving wife. No. The galaxy hadn't deemed it appropriate for him to look back on this day and recollect a cherished moment with his wife and firstborn son. He would remember it as the dawn of the CLONE WARS, a day that ushered forward what would be death and bloodshed. It would be a day he looked back on and consider all the lives that had been lost, not the life that had been born.


© 2015 KYLEtheHUTT


Author's Note

KYLEtheHUTT
If you have questions, critiques, comments...by all means. Otherwise, hope you enjoy the read.

Thanks.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I particularly enjoyed the last comparison. The day that all lives had been lost, not the life had been born.

The idea is also interesting, that the supreme chancellor had a son. Except... this is really just an idea-web. Turn it into a scene or two!

Good luck

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

136 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on October 2, 2015
Last Updated on October 2, 2015


Author

KYLEtheHUTT
KYLEtheHUTT

a galaxy far, far away..., a galaxy far, far away



About
If you can't tell from my display name, I'm a bit of an avid Star Wars fan. I love it. I spend most of my free time reading and writing about Star Wars. On that note, if you're looking for so.. more..

Writing
02 02

A Chapter by KYLEtheHUTT


03 03

A Chapter by KYLEtheHUTT