A Thousand  and One Frustrations

A Thousand and One Frustrations

A Story by Karel
"

A post for my FB friends reflecting on the characteristics of this medium

"
A Thousand and One

FRUSTRATIONS! Having decided yesterday to punish my FB friends for their steadily refusing to gasp in awe at the profundity of my literary creations by not uploading any more of my forthcoming works here, it was only this morning that I've realised what a deep mire of troubles I've myself ended up in now. And on top of that, I've only myself to blame. Giving in to personal vanity never takes you beyond the bog. As if I didn't know it all before!

Let me explain. Since the small hours  I've  been feverishly on the task. Rummaging through all my e-files in search of the Holy Grail. In other words, a picture of myself with a broad grin.  A picture of myself from somewhere here. From somewhere there. From somewhere. ..oh, just from about anywhere! Because now I also want to join in. I also want to read how good I seem to look, that I have great suntan,  look mucho, lost weight, put on weight or whatever is applicable. How well my bleached face blands into my local dark social and physical realities. 

So, not having found one, you reckon I could just take a picture of myself? Can I pull it off?  Baring my teeth in a broad smile? Sure, I hear what you say. Not that authentic then, hmmm... is it. But who cares nowadays anyway? For god's sake, don't be such a wet blanket spoiling all the fun here!  Who gives a dam about how affected your expression is?!  And, tell me honestly, who would in their right mind even wanted to know how they really feel, let alone say that!  We upload here all these cool&happy looking ourselves to forget all about that. You didn't know!? To mutually reassure ourselves that we are  just fine. Just the way we are supposed to be. Blissfully unaware and fake as our stilted smiles.

© 2015 Karel


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

68 Views
Added on November 16, 2015
Last Updated on November 16, 2015

Author

Karel
Karel

Czech Republic



Writing
The Ahimsa The Ahimsa

A Story by Karel