Daiyuu: Studying is The Worst

Daiyuu: Studying is The Worst

A Chapter by Rae
"

Daisuke/Ryuu: Daisuke tutors Ryuu in his Physics course. And Ryuu's most recent score on his test has Daisuke seeing red.

"

    The pencil twirled round and round in the expertly precise fingers. Daisuke was lost in his own world; so lost that he had no idea that his dorm area door opened and closed. Footsteps and the scuffle of shoes reached the end of the entrance way, replaced with the new shuffle of slippers on the hardwood floor.


    He didn’t hear the other presence even as it made its way behind him. It leaned down and blew into his ear.


    “Holy f**k!” he screamed, “Who the f**k did that?!”


    The other, Ryuu, laughed in his mean-spiritedness. “Tachibana, you shouldn’t be off in your own little world like that. It’s too easy to scare you.”


    Daisuke growled. “You and Ali are so alike in how you piss people off; it’s disturbing.”


    “In all actuality, it’s you and Ali who are similar. You both get so mad after being scared.”


    “Who the f**k doesn’t?!” Daisuke asked angrily.


    “Both Nakashima and Mori. All they do is laugh it off.” Ryuu answered.


    The thought of his two dormmates, Kentaro and Kyo, made Daisuke scoff. “Yeah, well those two are the biggest freakshows this whole university has seen. Anyway, where’s your test?”


    Ryuu got uncharacteristically quiet as he reluctantly pulled out a piece of paper. He handed it over to the male with his hand out. Daisuke snatched the paper and looked it over.


    “Sakurada?” Daisuke began, “What the fresh f**k is this?”


    “My… Physics test?” Ryuu replied, confused.


    The paper was slammed down onto the table with a ferocity that made Ryuu flinch back in surprise. The livid, wild look in Daisuke’s eyes gave the other boy conflicting emotions.


    “Why does this have a huge zero on it, Sakurada?!” Daisuke continued, his fist still on the paper, “While I admire the balls you have to come here and show this disgraceful s**t to me, I have to say that I am SEVERELY disappointed!”


    “You look more pissed off than disappointed,” Ryuu commented.


    “Oh, I’m not pissed,” Daisuke explained, “I am BEYOND pissed. How long have you been asking me to tutor you?! How have you made absolutely NO PROGRESS??!”


    Ryuu shrugged, which made Daisuke angrier. “Maybe I’m just distracted?” Ryuu offered as he put his feet up onto the table and leaned back in the metal chair.


    Daisuke surged forward and pinched one of the exposed ankles, which caused Ryuu to yelp and sit back into a correct position. “Alright, you b*****d. I’m going to go over this test with you. And if you don’t get an A on my practice test, I’ll kill you.”


    “What if I get distracted again?” Ryuu asked.


    “Don’t,” Daisuke said simply. He pushed the paper in front of Ryuu’s face and explained each problem to the other in detail. Ryuu stared at it blankly, his eyes glazed over.


    “Sakurada!” Daisuke growled out, “Pay attention, d****t!”


    Ryuu shook the glaze out of his eyes and tried his best to pay attention. This time, he stared directly at Daisuke. Daisuke went on for a couple of more minutes until he looked over at Ryuu to see him stare back.


    “Sakurada,” Daisuke said, “You better be able to repeat back to me all that I just said or else we’re gonna have a problem.”


    “Huh?” Ryuu responded, “Sorry. I was distracted again.”


    “What the f**k has you so goddamn distracted?!” Daisuke demanded.


    “You.”


    Daisuke barked out a laugh at the joke, but when the look on Ryuu’s face made it clear that he hadn’t joked, Daisuke raised a brow in confusion.


    “Why me?”


    Ryuu scooted closer. “I dunno. You scream at me constantly and have the worst personality on campus, but your eyes are so captivating. I couldn’t stop staring.”


    Said eyes rolled as Daisuke bit back, “You think that s**t will butter me up, well it won’t. I’m still gonna kick your a*s for getting a zero!”


    “I’m not trying to ‘butter you up’, Daisuke,” Ryuu stated and scooted even closer, “I… I think I like you.”


    “What, are you gay or something?” Daisuke inquired, face red from being called by his first name.


    “I dunno. But I do know that I like you,” Ryuu said, “And you? Are you gay?”


    Daisuke sighed. “I’ve never liked anyone else but guys. And if I think about it, I’d say that I was. But just because I like guys, doesn’t mean I like you.”


    Ryuu smirked. “Oh yeah? Not even a little bit?”


    Daisuke matched the smirk. “Maybe. Depends on what you get on the next test.”


    “Seriously?!”


    “Of course! I don’t like dumbasses, Sakurada!”


    “Ryuu. Call me ‘Ryuu’.”


    “Not until you start f*****g paying attention to me and FOCUS.”


    Ryuu grumbled, but he nodded and went to pay attention to Daisuke’s explanations. Daisuke’s smirk never left his face as Ryuu grumbled through the rest of the lesson.


Happy Pride Month, Everybody!!!



© 2018 Rae


Author's Note

Rae
In honor of Pride Month, here is the second out of six fics that have to do with Pride. I've got to say that this one came out differently than I had originally planned. I want these fics to be short, like all the rest of them, but this one turned out longer simply because of dialogue. I feel as if Daisuke likes to talk more, and so I had to give him more freedom to do so. And that is why this one is longer than the rest, but it is still short and somewhat fluffy.

I've read that the Q in LGBTQ+ stands for "Queer" or "Questioning" (please please please correct me if I'm wrong), so for this one I had Ryuu and Daisuke questioning a bit, though Daisuke pretty much confesses he is gay. And Ryuu doesn't really know what he is other than that he likes Daisuke, which doesn't necessarily mean that he is gay for he could also be Pan, Bi, etc. So that is why I did it the way I did.

LGBTQ+ representation, especially in today's society, is extremely important. Therefore, if I have made any mistakes or if you have something to add, feel free to comment or message me about it. I am open-minded and would love to hear your thoughts and/or constructive criticism.

Happy Pride Month!!!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

55 Views
Added on June 14, 2018
Last Updated on June 18, 2018


Author

Rae
Rae

About
Some interesting facts about me: I'm non-binary and use They/Them pronouns, I'm a Taurus, and I have severe depression that self-sabotages me every waking moment. I've been writing since I was in 5.. more..

Writing
Dorm Life Dorm Life

A Book by Rae


Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Rae