Summary and Character Profiles

Summary and Character Profiles

A Chapter by Rae
"

The full summary and descriptions for the characters can be seen here.

"

Summary: Being a heavy otaku, Gabriella has her eyes set on Tokyo, Japan. Specifically, Tokyo University, Japan’s largest college. With gorgeous architecture and a massive student population, Tokyo Uni is incredibly popular and rightfully so. College was always a distant dream of Gaby’s, until she got into a scholarship program for foreign exchange students. Now she is on her way to college with bright eyes and an even brighter future. However, she gets to her dorm only to find that her room was assigned to someone else, and a mess-up with the dorm system meant Gaby was on the cruel streets of Tokyo. A young girl fresh out of American high school living alone on the streets of Tokyo, how did her life go so downhill so fast? Luckily, a hero emerges and turns Gaby’s life upside down and inside out.

 

Gabriella “Gaby” Garnica: A bright, yet naïve young girl who is incredibly into anime and all Japanese culture. She can be stubborn and blunt at times, yet she can doubt herself and feel like she is imposing on others. Even though she can be lazy at times, when she wants to do something, she will go at it full-throttle. She would do anything for a friend who has been nothing but good to her. She is five feet and five inches in height. Gaby studies the Humanities at Tokyo Uni.

 

Kyo “Takashi” Mori: A sweet and whimsical boy who can be too trusting for his own good. He always has a soft spot for things that can be pitied, such as animals or people. This is especially true when he sees Gaby on the streets. Kyo can be an open-book at times, yet there is an air of mystery around him. He takes pride in hard work and is inspired by others who do the same. He can also be overprotective, and even possessive, of others. He is five feet and six inches in height. Kyo studies Law at Tokyo Uni.

 

Kentaro “Ken” Nakashima: Some may think Kentaro is just some dumb jock, but he is caring and kind to others. A goalie to the Tokyo Uni’s soccer team, he is tall, muscular, and rather intimidating at first, until people get to know him and realize the teddy bear of a man he really is. He acts cute, and calls others informally, as when he first meets Gaby, he calls her “Gaby-tan”. He and Daisuke are best friends, and have known each other since childhood when they lived in Osaka. Kentaro stands at six feet and two inches in height. He studies Engineering at Tokyo Uni.

 

Daisuke “Daichi” Tachibana: His ego is said to be bigger than Mt. Fuji, but he always comes in second to Shimeji, who is his academic rival. Daisuke takes pride in the things he does, and he does not like to be looked down on, yet he can be condescending to others he feels superior towards. He can be quite small-minded at times, but he will back down when being confronted head-on. He and Kentaro are best friends, and have known each other since childhood when they lived in Osaka. Daisuke stands at five feet and five inches in height. He studies Medicine at Tokyo Uni.

 

Ryuusuke “Ryuu” Sakurada: The misunderstood bad boy of Tokyo Uni. Ryuu has girls falling for him left and right because of his rude behavior and bad temper, but he’s not concerned with girls. Some say he already has an unrequited love, and that’s why he is so mean to others. Ryuu loves teasing others but hates to be on the receiving end. His temper has gotten him kicked out of class many times over, and his grades aren’t the best either. Who knows how he hasn’t gotten kicked out of Uni yet. He and Ali are supposed “best friends”, yet they both deny it. Ryuu is six feet even in height. He studies Science at Tokyo Uni.

 

Kaori “Ali Ueda” Oohashi: The most mysterious out of all the boys. Ali hates his name, and will punish any who use it. Why does he hate it so much? Who knows. Ali has the same bad attitude as Ryuu, which is why they fight so often, but Ali sometimes shows a caring and playful side. He likes to joke around, but he can get serious real fast. He is the one to most likely get into a fist fight over something stupid. He and Ryuu are supposed “best friends”, yet they both deny it. Ali is five feet and six inches in height. He studies Art at Tokyo Uni.

 

Hiro “Shimeji” Watanabe: Academically talented, Shimeji is in the Top Five at Tokyo Uni. Even though he is gifted, he hates to study and would prefer to chase after girls. The Watanabe family wants him to become a doctor, but Shimeji doesn’t know what he wants to do in life. Most people write him off as just a pervert, but is his skirt-chasing just a façade to cover up his indecisiveness about his future? He is only four feet and eleven inches in height, which is how he got his nickname “Shimeji”. Shimeji studies Medicine at Tokyo Uni.

 

Rae “Miss” Steele: A plucky woman who fears that her youth is waning, even though she is only in her twenties. She is easily excitable and kind, but her moods can change at the drop of a pin. She lived in South Korea as an English tutor, but she moved to Tokyo when she got offered a good lump sum of money to be a private English tutor at Tokyo Uni. She gets looked down upon for her North American upbringing, but she has been living in South Korea since she got her degree at age 24. She is five feet and ten inches in height. She doesn’t study at Tokyo Uni, but she sometimes teaches classes when asked.



© 2019 Rae


Author's Note

Rae
Hey, guys. It's been six years since I started Dorm Life. It is one of my proudly completed works, and I love it dearly. However, my inexperience in writing makes me cringe when I read it now. I am no J.K. Rowling, even now, but I hope to at least update this work and make it more fun and dramatic, with (hopefully) even more romance than before.

I started with the characters and giving them better descriptions and last names. If anyone has read my summary for Dorm Life: Second Year, you would notice the changes of the last names from there and here. That is because I'm starting fresh, or as fresh as I can get, and the new additions will carry on throughout the whole DL universe. If I am doing this right, I believe you should be able to switch between this version and the old version when I'm done. That way if you prefer the old version to the new one, you can still read the old one. {Note: I don't know if you can actually switch between versions, because I apparently deleted the old version as I made this one. So if anybody knows how I may be able to make both versions accessible within one book, that'd be great. But for now, you'll get the new version. I will be saving the old version to my computer though, just in case.}

Sorry for making this note so long, I'm just excited to be rewriting one of my greatest works into an even better one. Hope you guys decide to reread. :D

P.S. Don't be afraid to point out spelling and grammar mistakes. I want this to be the best it can be, and if I miss something, I want to know about it. Thanks~!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Ahh~ Ryuusuke seems the hottest of them all. :D

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 12 Years Ago


Oh shyt I love
This

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

What a colourful gaggle of characters! :D *wants to read more*

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 12 Years Ago


It's great that you laid it all out

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 12 Years Ago


this seems cool -^^- i gotta readz it

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 12 Years Ago


AWESOME. O.O I can't wait for the first chapter to come out! KYA~! :DDD

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

687 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on June 7, 2011
Last Updated on January 23, 2019


Author

Rae
Rae

About
Some interesting facts about me: I'm non-binary and use They/Them pronouns, I'm a Taurus, and I have severe depression that self-sabotages me every waking moment. I've been writing since I was in 5.. more..

Writing
Dorm Life Dorm Life

A Book by Rae


Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Rae


Chapter Two Chapter Two

A Chapter by Rae