Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Know That I Too
We are never alone (a poem for mental health month)
Ryuusuke and Gaby's Story: Part Two

Ryuusuke and Gaby's Story: Part Two

A Chapter by Rae
"

Ryuu and Kya's past is brought up and Gaby asks Ryuu to the Sakura Festival.

"
   The one Ryuu likes is her.

   She's the one Ryuu likes.

   Gaby is NOT the one Ryuu likes.

   Gaby could not help but feel a terrible sinking feeling as she saw the two interact with each other. It was sickening.

   "I can't believe you are here, Kya!" Ryuu smiled wide. "You are even more beautiful than the last time I saw you!"

   Kya smiled nervously. "Thank you, Ryuu. I'm sorry, but I came on urgent business."

   "We can talk about it later." Ryuu said, "Why not come in and we can talk in my dorm room?"

   "Sorry." Kya said quickly, "The manager said I could not come in because I am a girl."

   "No worries." Ryuu pressed, "I know her. She'll let you in. She let's Gaby in all the time."

   Ali and Gaby both gaped at Ryuu.

   Ali growled, "Hey, a*****e. Why not just tell the whole world you are an amazingly big prick?!"

   "What did I do?!" Ryuu growled back, "Kya here deserves nothing but the best I give her! So we are going in whether you like it or not."

   "Who the f**k ARE you, Ryuu?!" Ali yelled rhetorically, but Ryuu ignored him and ushered a nervous Kya inside the building.

   "Kasi!" Ryuu called, "This is my friend, Kya. She'll be going to my dorm room with me."

   Kasi's eyes widened, "Uhh... why?"

   "Because I said so." Ryuu kept ushering Kya around and up the stairs.

   A vein popped out of Kasi's forehead. "Really, Ryuu?! If you wanted an a*s-kicking, all you had to do was ask me."

...

   Kya sat opposite of Ryuu around the coffee table in Dorm 4. It was just the two of them in the room and it made Kya look even more nervous.

   Ryuu spoke first. "It's been so long, Kya. Ever since you moved and started going to Osaka University, we haven't talked to each other."

   "Uh, Ryuu?" Kya tried getting his attention.

   Ryuu ignored her. "Seriously, we never texted, well actually I did and you never replied. Anyway, we haven't talked on the phone or online or anything."

   "Ryuu?" Kya called stronger.

   Ryuu kept talking, "I really missed you, Kya. I still think of us, you know. Back then we were so carefree and stuff, but now we can actually go out! Your father won't care now, right? I mean, since you are an adult and all..."

   "Ryuu!" Kya raised her voice.

   Ryuu sat there, stunned. "Whoa. Kya. You never raised your voice before. What's wrong?"

   "Look." Kya began, "I'm sorry for not calling or texting or emailing, but I only came here to give you something."

   "What is it?"

   Kya put a silver ring on the table and looked away. Ryuu picked it up and examined it. He suddenly felt cold all over and he spoke in a sad voice.

   "Why...? This is the ring I gave you back in elementary. The one that said we would get married someday..."

   "I... I am truly sorry, Ryuu." Kya started, "The reason I am giving this back... is because I... I simply can't be with you."

   A small tear went down his cheek. "Why are you doing this to me? Weren't you the one who said you would always love me?! What happened to that?!"

   "Don't raise your voice at me, Ryuu." Kya remained calm. "We were kids when we promised that. Things change. People change."

   "Are you saying that you've changed, Kya?"

   Kya stayed silent. She refused to look at Ryuu.

   "Kya. You haven't changed. Neither have I. We are still in love, I know it." Ryuu said with hopeful eyes.

   Kya grew angry. "And who are you to decide whom I love?! You are acting just like my father, Ryuu! A man who you swore you would never be!"

   Ryuu looked away in guilt.

   Kya's voice grew kinder. "I want you to act like my friend right now, Ryuu. Think of me as only a friend. Nothing else."
 
   Kya continued, "I... I was bound to you when you gave me this. At first, I did not mind. As we grew older, I realized that this bond is why I could not look at another or be with another. It was as if you had tied me to a post where I could not move or breath. I love you, Ryuu... but not in the way you love me. I'm giving you this back so I can no longer be bound by you."

   "But..." Ryuu gulped. "At least can you keep it? As a token of our friendship?"

   "I can't." Kya said, "It symbolizes being bound to you."

   "Why do you not want to be mine?" Ryuu asked.

   "Because."

   "Because why?!"

   "Just because!"

   "You are hiding something from me! As your best friend, I should know what it is!"

   "It is because I love another!"

   The room grew too silent. Ryuu's expression hardened and tears flowed down Kya's cheeks.

   "You... love someone else?"

   Kya nodded.

   Ryuu sighed and pushed the ring closer to Kya. "I refuse to take it back."

   Kya frowned and encased the silver in her hand. She then stood up and threw the ring at Ryuu's head.

   "Hey! What the--!" Ryuu yelped in surprise.

   "Stop thinking about me." Kya cried, "Stop loving me! You need to be with someone who loves you! So please stop loving me!" Kya ran out of the dorm room, leaving Ryuu with the ring.

...

   Kasi was reading her magazine when hurried feet came down the steps. She looked up to see Kya running down the stairs.

   "You okay?" Kasi asked upon seeing Kya's tear-stained face.

   "No... but I will be." Kya answered truthfully, "Listen, could you do me a favor?"

   "Sure?" Kasi raised a brow.

   "If Ryuu asks where I went, please don't tell him." Kya smiled and waved out the lobby.

   "O...kay....?" Kasi raised both brows. "Wonder what happened?"

...

   "Damn it..." Ryuu sighed, looking at the ring.

   Ali came in and frowned when he saw Ryuu all alone in the living room. He went over and sat right next to the other boy.

   "You okay, man?" Ali asked.

   "No... I feel like Kya just ripped my heart out and stomped on it."

   "Well, that's what you get for trying to force her to like you, right?"

   "..."

   "Well, how about you go to the Sakura Festival that is coming up next week? It might help you forget about her."

   "Yeah... I guess."

   "Alright." Ali stood up. "Later, dude. Try to feel better."

   "See ya." Ryuu listened to the door slam closed. He sighed and put the ring into his pocket. "Since when does Ali care about my well-being?"

...

   Ali walked down the steps to the lobby and asked aloud, "Since when do I care about Ryuu's well-being?"

...

   "The Sakura Festival?" Gaby asked as she walked around with Ken and Dai.

   "Yup." Ken said, "It's a really fun festival that they have once a year. Named after the Sakura trees."

   "And because it is in the spring when Sakura trees bloom." Daisuke added, "It'll be super fun. And you can go with Ryuu, right?"

   Gaby looked away sadly, "No... I don't want to go with him."

   Ken and Dai exchanged looks. "Why not?"

   Gaby was about to give an answer when she spotted Kya moving towards the train station.

   "Sorry, guys! I have to talk to that girl!" Gaby sped off, leaving two confused boys behind.

...

   "Kya!" Gaby called.

   Kya turned around and had a panicked look on her face. Upon seeing Gaby, her face returned to normal. "Oh, it is only you, Gaby. I thought you were Ryuu for a second."

   "Would that have been bad?"

   "Extremely."

   "Why?" Gaby asked, "I thought he was your boyfriend,"

   Kya let out a small laugh. "Sorry, Gaby, but he is not my boyfriend. He never was. I came here just to tell him that."

   "Eh?"

   "You see, Gaby, Ryuu liked me for years and I always felt that he wouldn't let me love other people. I had to decide either I only had him in my life or I had other people. I chose other people. I just don't see him the way he sees me. It will be good for him to forget about me."

   Gaby gave a smile. "Oh I see."

   Kya smiled back. "I see that you like him. That's good. I hope that your love with get through to him. I'm rooting for you."

   "Thanks, Kya!" Gaby gave the girl a hug.

   Kya waved before getting on the train and going back to Osaka. Gaby smiled wide and ran off towards the dorms in a very chipper mood. She ran through the lobby(giving a short wave to Kasi) and up to Dorm 4. There she knocked and waited.

   Ryuu answered the door with a gloomy look about his face. "What."

   The way he made it sound as if it wasn't even a question made Gaby wince. "Um, hey, Ryuu. I was just wondering if you wanted to go to the Sakura Festival with me?"

   "Sure. I guess." Ryuu gave a half-assed answer.

   "Great! I'll see you then."

   "Alright." Ryuu closed the door.

   Gaby gave a nervous laugh. "I hope this goes well..."


© 2012 Rae


Author's Note

Rae
Kya never returns to the story, folks. Sorry if you liked her a lot. ^^" Anyway, next chapter will be the biggest considering it is the icing on the cake. Stay tuned. ^^

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow, as much as Ryuu irritates me, I think that was a little harsh. :c BUT HE BETTER NOT BREAK GABY'S HEART OR SO HELP ME GOD--

Posted 11 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Ali
that was a good thing she did in this chap. she really isnt a bish after all. good chapter ^^

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

379 Views
2 Reviews
Added on December 19, 2012
Last Updated on December 19, 2012


Author

Rae
Rae

About
Some interesting facts about me: I'm non-binary and use They/Them pronouns, I'm a Taurus, and I have severe depression that self-sabotages me every waking moment. I've been writing since I was in 5.. more..

Writing
Dorm Life Dorm Life

A Book by Rae


Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Rae