Chapter 8

Chapter 8

A Chapter by Kathrine
"

There is always a hope....

"

Chapter 8


Kate and Destroyer walked trough the white corridor, stopping before large door.


“Are you ready?” Destroyer asked and looked Kate.


“I was born ready,” she forced brave smile into her face.


RTK was her family, but she didn’t know how many people had joined after her mission to save Destroyer. Yes, she was the leader of the clan, but she seemed to have no control over it any more.


“There is so much you need to take in and I understand if you want to take away my co-leader skills,” Destroyer said. “I have added many people and haven’t really asked you.”


“Don’t be silly,” Kate pushed him with her shoulder, but he was way to tall to notice the impact Kate was aiming for. “I gave you the rights for reason and if you think the members you add are good enough then I trust you with that matter.”


“Well as long as you are the leader I will remain to co-lead RTK,” Destroyer smiled. His stern look went a little softer, but because of his hight, he still looked scary. Even for Kate.


“So how many members did you end up accepting?” She looked away from the door, making no move to open it.


“Twelve in total,” he answered and pushed his palm on the monitor in front of them.


Access granted!” cold tuneless voice said and the door opened.


“Oh,” was all what Kate could say when she entered the big white room, Destroyer just behind her, just like a guard, ready to kill anyone who dared to attack her.


OMG, its the boss!”


Kate heard the whisper from the back corner of the room. She saw a blond haired youngster with grate amazement in his face. Grin covered her lips, but the taste of it was still bitter.


“Welcome to RTK everybody!” she started quietly. “I am happy to see you all here, even if I haven’t met most of you yet, but I would be delighted to get to know all of you as soon as possible. RTK is a peaceful family and I would like to keep it this way.”


There was so many faces she had to get to know as a part of her clan. Some of them were so young that he felt pity to them being stuck in the game. Weren’t their parents looking after them properly so they had to make their way into the game first place?


“Hello, Blue!” someone’s voice said behind her and she turned to face young man with dark hair and grey eyes. “My name is Warren and I have heard a lot about you from Destroyer. Its very nice to finally meet you in person.”


Smile appeared in her face when Kate shook his hand. There was some wired feeling of understanding in his appearance. Just like he was going to be a someone to fight together in the future and not worry he would leave before the death was coming for them.

“Welcome to RTK, Warren! I hope you enjoy the company we offer!”


“There is not many things I wont enjoy about the clan,” he smiled. “The leader herself flew to save her clan member, so I have no worries in the future.”


“Its my duty to go to war for my clan members,” she said, feeling bored of being taken as a hero. In fact Mac and Deadly had more to do with being a hero than her. Without them she would have been popped with no mercy.


“As far as I am concerned its a hard work to lead a clan,” Warren said. “You must be having a lots of patience to make things work.”


“Life is hard and I am more worried that we never get out of that game than how hard is to lead RTK,” Kate send him a bitter sweet smile. “And I have Destroyer to look after the clan with me.”


“Fair enough,” Warren grinned.


Kate smiled back as politely as she could have and walked away from him. She stud in the middle of the room, looking back to faces she yet didn’t know, hoping that she could make herself disappear.


Destroyer seemed to notice the situation she was in and without being asked, he walked next to her and gave her a small friendly hug.


“We will find a way out of that game,” he whispered. “Until then you can leave RTK to me to look after if you really don’t feel like getting into the diplomacy and other stuff. That’s why I am here for.”


Kate felt sudden comfort wave coming over her. Was it because of Destroyer, she didn’t know, but the feeling of peace made her sigh.


“You are my best friend and I cant let the game ruin your young life,” she whispered. “And I cant make you take over the responsibility what I have put myself up for. RTK is something I made up and now I need to take full care over the members.” she lifted her head and smiled. “Regardless that you added them.”


“You don’t have to go trough that mess alone, you know!” Destroyer said, pulling away from her. “I am here and no matter how hard the game gets, I will remain next to you like a true solider.”


Kate watched him with amazement. Everybody else in the room was just like disappeared. Destroyer was young, but stern and his eyes full of strong soul. There was the moment when Kate felt as small as a bug, crawling before his feet. He was young, but as powerful as someone with a life long experience. Yes, there was the small amount of childishness in his attitude, but regardless the fact Destroyer overpowered the mind of many wise man.


“I really am proud of you,” she said, but stepped away from him. The feeling of being so small and weak made her annoyed. She couldn’t show the fear in front of her clan members, even if she didn’t know most of them anyway.


“As far as I am concerned you made the base and all the other members are the cake mix,” Destroyer grinned. “You just need to figure out who is what type of ingredient.”


Kate heard people laugh. Well RTK was growing bigger and bigger now with every day. The truth in Destroyers words came more clear to her with every second she saw the impact of being there- in front of new and old members.


She took a deep breath. Now it was the time to make sure who was fit to stay and who was there just for a fame. Kate didn’t feel like a hero, but as far as she had experienced a lot of VRU members did take her as one. All she did was going to save her best friend without a hesitation or fear of death. It didn’t make her better than everybody else.


“Blue!” Destroyer whispered behind her back. “I think its time to make yourself known as a fearless leader of RTK!”


Kate couldn’t stop the small smile appear, but she also knew there was no way to run now. She was the leader, the one who had to be responsible, the one who mattered the most. Al tough she would have been happy to disappear. However she had prepared for this once, but now- standing in the middle of strangers- she felt urge to vomit. But she had to be strong for her clan and for the matter of surviving the secret of the game, hoping there was a way to jump back to the real world.


“I am happy to see so many faces here today,” she started, climbing up to the table. Well she wasn’t very tall after all and everybody had a right to hear what she needed to say. “I am no hero and I am sure there is more of them who would have flew into the battle for their friends. RTK is like a family. We look after each other as much as we can. Make sure we hear others, but also have a change to say what we need to. This is not just a game any more- this is a reality and we need to find a way out of it or learn to live the way it flows. RTK is not for fake minds who look for fame. If you are here to fly beside each other no matter if it leads you to death, then you are welcome to stay, but if you are afraid of losing then feel free to leave.”


There was no sound of moving when Kate finished her speech. Her eyes flickered from one face to other, but she didn’t see any doubt or fear. She felt satisfied to see that she had enough power to make people follow her. She saw so much potential in front of her, but for some reason she knew it was not enough to fight against the game. She needed more that that. She needed everybody to fight together, regardless the knowing of being enemies with MMO and EIC. They all had to fight together to make the evil surrender.


“What if we never manage to find a reason why we are here?” sweet voice from the very back corner asked.


Kate send her eyes where the voice came from and they looked into a catlike face. She had not yet seen another female in the game. For some reason she had hoped she could meet at least one, but never thought it would happen. That game was more for guys.


“And you are?” she asked, jumping off the table just to walk towards her so she could examine her unusual look.


“My name is Shayla and I am half human, half cat,” the woman said. “The game had an clinch when I entered and I turned into something alien like.”


Kate stopped in front of her. Shayla was taller than her, with long black hair. Her face was catlike,nsmall ears with fluffy fur growing out from the ends. She turned around and Kate saw a furry tail.


“What happened to you?” she couldn’t stop herself asking.


“I don’t know,” Shayla said with stern look. “I suppose I was meant to be something what doesn’t exist in the real world.”


“This world itself should not exist!” Warrens voice sounded lower than before and Kate jumped when he walked past her. “But as long as you exist in it, I will give everything to spend the time we have in the game with guarding over you!”


“I don’t need anyone to stalk my back,” Shayla said with a frown. “Especially a guy!”


That moment Kate felt the urge of hugging her. She was just like her- wanting to fight her own battles without someone getting into a risk of being destroyed. Small grin escaped into her face. No matter of how many times she wanted to rip it off and throw it into a pin. Shayla had made a point she agreed most, but the happiness was not part of the plan.


“This game has its ups and downs,” Warren said with a bitter face. “But I still believe we will make a good team in RTK!” his eyes locked on Shayla, regardless how angry she looked.


“I look like a bloody furry,” Shayla moaned. “This game is not fair.” her eyes threw fire.


“You to indeed,” Warren grinned. “And that’s why I will spend every minute to show you how special you are, regardless how much you want to stab me.”


Sound of laughter rip trough Kate’s ears. She had gained many members into her clan, but she had never thought it could make her feel so dizzy with confusion and knowledge of feeling of being in a really big team of individuals. She knew she had to get use to with a fact RTK had much more to teach than she had believed before. Destroyer was right- she was the base of the big cake and now all she had to do was make sure the ingredients were all right.


***


Kate walked trough the boring corridors of the base. She had no intention to meet Deadly or anyone else on her way. Especially Deadly. He was the heat what burned a hole into her body, the touch of his skin made her bleed. All she wanted was have normal time.


“Kyle!” she said quietly.


Yes, Blue!” the sweet voice answered automatically.


“Can you connect me to Mac please.”


As you wish!”


Kate knew she wasn’t suppose to fly with enemy companies, but what different did it make anyway? Mac was her friend and she could not leave him only because VRU wanted her to do so. Despite all the trouble, he was the only one who could have made things look a little brighter than they were.


Connecting in 3...2...1...!”


Blue?” Mac.


His voice sounded sleepy.


Oh, sorry, did I just woke you up?” Blue.


She felt quilt.


Never mind!” Mac.


Loud yawn reached her ears. It made her grin.


So what’s up?” Mac.


Nothing much.” Blue.


Really? Did you wake me up just to say that?” Mac.


I don’t know. I just felt I needed to talk to someone who is not going to make me feel like a hero or make a try to kiss me every time I appear near them.” Blue.


Sounds like I better get out of my bed and meet you in the safe zone as soon as I can and let you have a good old cry on my shoulder.” Mac.


Kate heard him laugh, but it didn’t make her upset. She knew Mac was right. Well not with the crying part, but she really needed a friend.


Thank You!” Blue.


That was all she could have said and she knew it was enough.


She followed the corridor until she got to her ship safe door entrance. Scanning her hand trough the security camera, the door slid open with no sound. The hard souls of her boots made a taping sound. She didn’t like the way her uniform hugged her body or the way it showed off her curves. It was enough that people looked her all the time anyway.


“Take me to map 4!” she said when she sat into her ship. Her robotised pet slept in the corner of the narrow space. It woke when she tapped its head, making sniffing noise. Kate had got it when she reached level 10.


As you say!” Kyle answered.


With a slow move, the ship separated from the safe door and Kate saw the base growing smaller and smaller before her eyes. She knew the flight was not long, but the moment she jumped tough the first gate, the feeling of being free took hold of her mind. If it was going to be a battle then she was going to make sure everybody she cared about were going to be ready to fight.



© 2014 Kathrine


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

194 Views
Added on January 12, 2014
Last Updated on January 12, 2014


Author

Kathrine
Kathrine

Torpoint, Cornwall, United Kingdom



About
There are a lot of things I could tell about myself, but before you actually know me, you will never understand who I am. My mind is just like a puzzle with different pieces what doesn’t always .. more..

Writing
The touch The touch

A Story by Kathrine


Epilogue Epilogue

A Chapter by Kathrine