Andrea

Andrea

A Chapter by Katie
"

A quick intro to one of my favorite characters

"

Three men surrounded her jeering. She didn’t need to be empathic to tell that they were convinced they had picked an easy fight. And of course, why wouldn’t she be, a young girl alone in the desert. She clearly wasn’t armed, and considering the bundle of food she had with her, it was pretty easy to see why she would be attacked. One of the men took a step towards her, his arms were extended leaving himself wide open for a hit. His overconfidence would easily be his undoing, she thought as she bolstered it. He leaned his face in at her.
 
“Come on sweet cheeks,” he said gesturing at his jaw, “Give me your best shot.”
 
Without a thought, she punched him in the face. The overconfident smile fell from his face, and was replaced by anger. Oops, She thought, lost it again. It was not always easy to change someone emotions, generally speaking it required a good deal of focus, something she often had an issue with. The man took a step back and shook off her punch. Strong as she may be for her size, she knew that her fists would be of little help to her in this fight.
 
With his muscles as large as they were, it was evident that he relied on his strength. One good punch could probably send the young girl flying. That, she knew, would require him actually being able to land a hit. What Andrea lacked in strength she more than made up for in speed, and the girl was not as defenceless as she looked.
 
“Oh, you’re done now, kid,” said one of his companions evidently amused by the obvious imbalance in the fight.
 
Andrea cocked her head to the side and raised an eye brow. “Come and get me then.”
 
No further invitation needed the first man charged at her. She neatly side stepped his first attack, dodging him with ease. As she had predicted, he was big, but slow. She scoffed “Is that all you got?” She easily dodged each blow he through at her. Clearly a veteran fighter, he kept himself mostly covered, but it wasn’t long before he gave her an opening. Wrapping her arms around his neck, with all her strength she brought her knee into the man’s groin. He collapsed to the ground. “Aww,” she said, with mock disappointment, “Game over? I was just starting to have some fun.”
 
As she turned to walk away his two companions grabbed her by the arms and held her between the two of them. “Hey now boys, it was only a bit of fun.” She said, trying to maintain the confidence in her voice. They simply held her tighter, their strong hands digging in to her upper arm. It took a few minutes for the man on the ground to stand up, and slowly walk towards her. From his belt, he took a long serrated blade. “Hey, you don’t want to be doing that,” she said as he approached her. She focused on trying to calm him, but the man’s desire to kill her was far too great. She struggled against their grip, trying with all her might to escape from it, but they were too strong.
 
The man stood directly in front of her, so close that she could almost feel his breath on her. He was considerably taller than her, and even more intimidating from this close.
“I’m going to make you pay for that.” He told her, brandishing the knife in front of her face.
 
“You really don’t want to do that.” She told him, now devoid of fear.
 
“No,” he said, with a laugh, “I really, really do.”
 
She shrugged, “Okay, but you asked for it.”
 
Before he could finish his next word his voice was cut off by a barb protruding from his neck. Blood dripped from the tip of it. As it ripped its way back out of the man’s neck he slumped to the ground. The two men holding Andrea dropped her immediately, as her newly protruding blood soaked tail came through her legs and behind her. “I did warn him,” she said matter of factly in response to the looks of terror on the two men’s faces. The other two men ran, their terror feeding her amusement. She used her tail to flip the first man’s body over.
 
Humming softly to herself she took everything she could find of value. He had very little food, which was always disappointing but she added it to her bag anyway. The man had little else of value except the knife that he had threatened her with. Removing the sheath from his belt, she transferred it and the knife to hers and continued her walk.    


© 2011 Katie


Author's Note

Katie
Not the best writing ever but I'm getting there.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I love it! Very suspenseful, lots of action, and now I want to know more. Great job!

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

201 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on August 19, 2011
Last Updated on September 14, 2011


Author

Katie
Katie

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada



About
Hi, thanks for checking out my profile. As you can see if I have a collection on here called "Character Text". These are all snapshots of characters I've created, either for D&D, or fun and have n.. more..

Writing
Clair Clair

A Chapter by Katie


Character Text Character Text

A Book by Katie