Clair

Clair

A Chapter by Katie
"

Something I started, not sure where I'm going...

"

Time passes slowly now as the day fades to night. Its harder at night, lonelier. Things that once brought me solace are now faint reminders of what brought me here. My dank apartment would be silent but not for the people on the street celebrating what I can only imagine is the end of finals, and the coming of the summer. I want to close the window, but I fear with it closed I will not have enough warning if they find me before he returns. It has been weeks since I have heard anything from my family, Damian will not allow me to contact them, or to check up on them, while he claims its for their, and my safety, I can't help but feel he just doesn't trust me. 


I look at my watch. Quarter to eleven. He should be back by now. I rise to draw back the curtains on the small window in the corner of the room, when I finally smell it. The wind has been against me. By the strength of the smell I can tell they are already close and I will not have time to escape. I am not prepared, I have not trained near enough to handle this on my own. I want to call out to Damian, but that would mean alerting my foe to the fact that I am on to them. All I have in my favour now is that they don't think I know they are coming. I take a deep breath. 


I clutch my whip tightly in one hand, the other hand over my heart. I try to slow it. I know as the Div's approach get closer they will be able to hear it. I press myself against the wall behind the door and I wait. Seconds drag to minutes, as I wait for them to find me. I hear the door creak open...



© 2012 Katie


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

innnteresting...sort of reminds me of Daniel X but it's just different enough to be good. Also I think I can see some past experiences being channeled. Also reread the sentence that begins in the second line. But good stuffs.

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

217 Views
1 Review
Added on June 14, 2012
Last Updated on August 13, 2012


Author

Katie
Katie

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada



About
Hi, thanks for checking out my profile. As you can see if I have a collection on here called "Character Text". These are all snapshots of characters I've created, either for D&D, or fun and have n.. more..

Writing
Character Text Character Text

A Book by Katie


The Amadallas The Amadallas

A Book by Katie