Capter 2: School Celebrity

Capter 2: School Celebrity

A Chapter by Katy Penecil

RRRRING!!

I walk through the hallway laughing with Kayla and Sandy. They were the girls I was chosen to work with at the fair. Typical girls who loved to gossip and party is how you can describe them in one sentence.  

"Noway Jenna said that?" Sandy laughed

"I swear!" Kayla answered 

They were now moving on from Adam Patsburg's hideous shoes to Jenna Daniels.
Jenna was one of those popular mean girls whose hobby included walking around school making fun of other students . She was mean, rude, dyed her hair blonde during eighth grade, and wore too much pink. It was a big ego down pour for her when she got rejected by Jessie a few months ago. Especially since she was the principle's daughter and usually got any guy she wanted. I remember her shouting "No one rejects me!" through the cafeteria before storming off. Even the most popular devil in school couldn't steal him away from Emily. 

The bell rang and we were making our way to Algebra class holding our books and calculators. It was one of the few classes I shared with Emily and so, I always looked forward to it. Students spiraled in all the directions chatting and laughing that I had to walk really fast to keep up with the girls.

"So how are the kissing booth shifts gona be?" Sandy asked as we made our way between some running jocks

"From 8:00 am till 9:00 am will be my shift" Kayla explained "and then from 10 till 12 is yours"

Sandy nodded in approval

Kayla continued, " 12:00 till 2 :00 will then be Rachel's shift"

I fake a smile and nod at her trying not to slap myself. Out of all the groups in school, I had to end up with Kayla's and her kissing booth idea. Thinking about myself kissing strangers when I never even had my first kiss yet made me sweat and anxious. Emily had said that I should just close my eyes, give each guy a simple peck and that was it, it was easy. But I still felt pretty nervous about it.

As we entered the classroom students were already sitting on the tables in groups talking about their weekend. The teacher was late as usual.

"Hey you guys! over here!"

Emily was waving to us from a desk in the corner. Her blonde hair was perfectly straight like usual and her red jersey looked pretty good with her sea blue jeans.

I grabbed a chair and sat next to her while Sandy and Kayla joined us.

"Somebody looks happy today", Kayla smiled leaning on her chair

"Omg how was it?"  I asked 

" How was what?" Sandy asked not really  getting it

I winked at them smiling, " Jessie  took our Ems here out on a romantic beach date" I sang teasingly

Emily blushed giving out a little chuckle

"He did what?!" Kayla squeeled banging her desk

Emily hesitated before talking. 
" I mean it was good..."

We all just stared at her surrounding her like idiotic puppies. Emily never told me much about Jessie's kisses or dates and I guess I was curious too. She never showed off about dating Jessie and never really talked about him or what they did together. Another thing that made Emily so different from other girls. 

"Okay reallyyy goood" she added blushing

Kayla and Sandy squeeled with excitement

"You lucky b***h! You stole the hottest guy in school and surprisingly the most romantic guy in school too!" Kayla whined leaning back in her chair

"I wonder how it would feel like kissing those big lips..." Sandy sighed

"She gets to kiss him everyday, so not fair!"  Kayla moaned

"I bet he's a pro" Sandy grinned sheepishly

We all began laughing and at the sound of Jessie's name, half of the girls sitting next to us had already turned around to listen.

But just as Emily opened her mouth to continue, Mr. Ferold our algebra teacher came stumbling in; and just like that all the students were back in their seats. 

It's funny how all the girls found Jessie so attractive and stuff. I mean he is, there's no denying it , but to me he's just my bestfriend's boyfriend. Single or not that guy is off my list for sure.

------------------

The field was already packed with students getting ready for the fair tomorrow. Some girls had built a cotton candy booth, next to them one of the goth chicks was cleaning a crystal ball, and some seniors were setting up a tent with games in it. Everyone was so busy and the field was crowded but I had to find Kayla. The kissing booth should be done by tomorrow.

"Hey beautiful!"a voice shouts from behind me

I turn around to find Mike pushing his way towards me. Mike and I were lab partners back in ninth grade and we've been pretty close friends since then. He wasn't one of the jocks neither one of the nerds, but just a casual nice guy that got along with everybody.

"Hey handsome!" I shouted back squinting my eyes from the sun

"So what's your group supposed to be doing?" he asked huffing

I just noticed how gold his hair looked like in the light. He looked a bit like a golden retriever.

"Um some kissing booth"  I answered tightening my ponytail whilst trying not to laugh

"A kissing booth?" he seemed surprised by what I said and his blue eyes lit up with excitement

"Yup" 

I really wanted to change the topic. " What about you guys?"

Mike ruffled his hair. " Shooting dolls and stuffed animals yay!"

"Come on it's not that bad" I rolled my eyes

"Sure it isn't"
" When's your shift tomorrow?" Mike asked dropping his hands into his pockets

"Shift?"

" Yeah kissing booth shift" his blue eyes were now piercing through mine and his expression turned serious all of a sudden.

Why was he asking me that?

"Um from 12:00 till 2:00" I answered recalling what Kayla had said earlier that morning.

" Oh okay! Anyways I have to go see ya!"

Mike jogged back to his stand and I just shrugged my shoulders turning away.

" See ya?..."

By the time I reached our stand, Kayla and Sandy were already there wrapping the booth with pink and red banners. It was actually pretty, like a little candy box.

"Oh my god! Just in time Rachel!" Kayla shouted running around giving Sandy orders

Pink and red cardboards were everywhere and some glitter was sprayed on the floor.

"Can you hang that curtain for me? "

Without waiting for my answer Kayla throws the curtain over my head.

I sigh and start hanging the curtain neatly behind the booth standing on my tip toes. I mean if the whole kissing booth thing was just a peck I didn't get why we needed a curtain in the first place.

"Shhh he's here he's here!"

Some girls next to us suddenly start jumping up and down like kids

" He's so hot!"

"If only he wasn't taken!"

Ugh...You know I could hear everything. I mumbled to myself, focusing back on the curtain.  I knew pretty well who HE was.

"Hey Jessie! " one of the girls in braids screams hystarically

Her loud voice almost sends me into a coma. Even Sandy and Kayla had dropped what they were doing and were turning around at the sound of his name.

Jessie was back from soccer practice with his hair all messy and perfect at the same time. He shook strands out of his gray eyes and waved to the girls casually as if he'd gotten used to all the attention. Brandon and Zac the biggest jocks in school surrounded him from both sides like two bodygaurds ready to attack. These two always got into fights and I still didnt get why Jessie hung out with them in the first place.
His body fit perfectly in his white football shirt and you could see his muscles move with every step forward. That guy was ripped alright. A drop of sweat fell from his slightly stubbled chin and just like that he disappeared into the building.

Did we know the real Jessie at all? 

Finding myself staring just like everybody else,I shook my head and went back to work. Closing my mouth ofcourse.

_________________________________________

The fair is so close what do you think is going to happen??:) 

 


© 2015 Katy Penecil


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

131 Views
Added on July 17, 2015
Last Updated on July 17, 2015


Author

Katy Penecil
Katy Penecil

Lebanon



About
Aspiring 19 year old author ! New Account Fresh Start Young female adults and teenagers this is the place for you more..

Writing