The Circus That Is Life

The Circus That Is Life

A Poem by KazMar
"

I hope the lions stay in their cage.

"
Life is much like a circus, it can be crazy, insane, death defying, and sometimes even silly. You try your best to juggle everything and put on a good show, make it worth it, its exhausting. But like any good show, it must go on..
For life to be exciting like a circus, sometimes you must play with fire. But when playing with fire, there’s always a risk of getting burnt, but sometimes the burn is worth the risk..
Putting on a show requires courage and belief. You have to have hope that the show you put on for the world will be significant for those who attend, hopefully they stay until the curtains close... Hopefully.

© 2019 KazMar


Author's Note

KazMar
Ignore grammar problems, any thoughts or reviews on the subject are welcome, enjoy :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Comparing life with a circus show that comes up with new challenges is apt. I loved this simple piece of writing.

Posted 3 Years Ago


Wow, this is a good comparison and read. Life is just like that. It is crazy and worth it and the audience changes, but the true people will stay the whole time. Thank you for sharing!

Posted 5 Years Ago


Hmm, yeah, I never like it when someone says ignore the grammar but in this case I will. And besides that, there's really nothing wrong with the way you wrote this...but anyway...

Yes, life can be a three ring circus of challenges. We must juggle a lot and some of us have to hide behind a mask or makeup to get through this show we call life. I like your metaphor and choice of examples.

This was and is a pleasing poem to read.

Posted 5 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Rye
Life is like a circus, always one show after another, at times it can make you feel like a clown. Well it does to me at times, this is really good

Posted 5 Years Ago


You did a great job with the contrast of this piece. Keep up the good work.

Posted 5 Years Ago


Well said KazMar, life is like a circus. constantly performing and putting on a show. To entertain and just survive another day. With its ups and down and lull moment in between. Nicely written and done.

Posted 5 Years Ago


The perception others have of us can contrast greatly from what lays beneath our surfaces; which you have captured within the contents of your interesting text. It does get tiring after time to maintain this facade and sometimes we doubt ourselves as to why we do it - but - alas - we do! Very thought provoking...:-)

Posted 5 Years Ago


Life sure is something, if it's a circus i must be the clown..
This is good, enjoyed

Posted 5 Years Ago


I do agree.
"Life is much like a circus, it can be crazy, insane, death defying, and sometimes even silly."
Hard to escape the circus. We learn to accept. Thank you KazMar for sharing the amazing poetry and your thoughts.
Coyote

Posted 5 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

247 Views
9 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 16, 2019
Last Updated on January 16, 2019

Author

KazMar
KazMar

Australia



About
Being creative allows me to construct or describe the world, through my own eyes. It has always been a part of who I am. There have been times in my life where I've felt disconnected, lost and not k.. more..

Writing
Alone Alone

A Poem by KazMar



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Chasing Cars Chasing Cars

A Poem by MsJewel


Wishes Wishes

A Poem by The ArK