Chapter 1 (Will name later)

Chapter 1 (Will name later)

A Chapter by Kcoldem

The town was abandoned like all the rest. Wind blew the streets, newspapers and ash following its path. The fires had long burned out but the charred remains of of the houses remained as an ominous reminder of the chaos that had ravaged the town. Cindered bodies of those caught in the fire littered the yards. Those lucky enough to escape the flames lay scattered in the streets, decomposing in the sun. Flies hung in swarms above the bodies, feasting.

Chris sighed as he strolled down the street, casually avoiding the bodies. A moan echoed from a house to Chris’ left. Chris tensed in reflex, his right hand moving towards his belt where several knives were sheathed. The house was mostly intact, several windows were broke and the door lay busted from its hinges. A man shambled into view from the further end of the house. He was wearing a suit that was torn and ripped at the edges. Blood dripped from his sleeves as he continued toward Chris. He moaned again and lifted his head, revealing his face, half of which was missing. Cracked, rotten teeth snapped in Chris’s direction.

Chris smirked. A knife floated into his hand from his belt, the cold steel cooling his nerves. He took a few steps forward, taking careful aim. The blade launched from his hand, flying towards its target, embedding itself into the mans forehead. The man flew back onto the ground. The knifed jerked back and forth before releasing its self from the mans cranium, returning to its sheath at Chris’s belt.

“Too easy,” Chris bragged, continuing down the street.

“Show off, ” a voice huffed from behind.

Chris tensed, quickly turning around as knives shot from his belt and began circling around his hands. The voice came from a short girl leaning against a ruined car. She smiled, “Calm yourself, nutcase.”

Chris lowered his hand and chuckled, “Hey, sis.”


© 2014 Kcoldem


Author's Note

Kcoldem
Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

147 Views
1 Review
Added on March 12, 2014
Last Updated on March 12, 2014


Author

Kcoldem
Kcoldem

Grayslake, IL



About
Obsessed with zombies. I've written a few short stories over my life, a majority of them being post apocalyptic. Also a huge sci-fy fan in general. Looking to expand a certain idea that I really like .. more..

Writing
Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Kcoldem