Chapter 2

Chapter 2

A Chapter by Kcoldem

"Have you seen the others?" Chris asked, sheathing his knives.

"Sort of? I mean, Seth went berserk because of the hoard but I couldn't get to him because of the flames." Caitlyn responded, walking towards Chris. "Couldn't really see Dylan but I think he was near the forest."

Chris sighed. The fire had separated him and his siblings. He noticed Caitlyn's clothes were cindered around the edges, concern widening his eyes. "Are you okay? You didn't get burned did you?"

Caitlyn looked down at her ragged clothing, checking herself for burn marks "I don't think so, had to jump through some flames to get out of there but I think I'm okay."

"Should get you out of those, lets check out these houses for supplies." Chris motioned towards the intact house. 


Chris and Caitlyn searched the house, taking anything valuable with them. "Sweet! More beans!" Caitlyn exclaimed, not even trying to hard the sarcasm. 

Chris shrugged, "Better than nothing." 

The sound of crashing metal and like rumbles jolted their attention. Rushing outside the sounds got louder, and closer. Rushing down the street they turned the corner. A hoard stood in front of them, moving towards something in the distance. They could see cars flying through the air, crashing down onto the moaning bodies, crushing them. Roars of triumph could be heard in between smashes. 
"Well we found Seth." Caitlyn chirped. 


© 2014 Kcoldem


Author's Note

Kcoldem
I feel like i use some words too much. Like "they" , and their names. Any advice? Also I think I could get more descriptive and add more volume to each chapter but I dont know where I would put it, or what I would say.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

You could focus a little more on imagery, backstory, explanation, and character development. That would add more volume to your writing. Also, explain their "special powers" a bit more. A bit of what the characters look like wouldn't go amiss either. Your audience doesn't know how to imagine your characters.
There's a little bit of grammar work you could do as well, and some word replacement. Ex. Charred instead of cindered. I don't think cindered is a word.

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

127 Views
1 Review
Added on March 12, 2014
Last Updated on March 12, 2014


Author

Kcoldem
Kcoldem

Grayslake, IL



About
Obsessed with zombies. I've written a few short stories over my life, a majority of them being post apocalyptic. Also a huge sci-fy fan in general. Looking to expand a certain idea that I really like .. more..

Writing