Initiation

Initiation

A Chapter by Guess
"

"You will never return to the world of the dead."

"
I watched as he sparked the flame. Instantaneously it caught fire. Roaring and almost as if alive it stretched out like claws trying to reach him. He stood there unphased. The light from the flames exposed the smirk on his face. A smirk that hid evil intentions. His eyes reflecting the fire, almost as if a reflection of his soul. We had lost everything, in the middle of nowhere but he stood there more confident then ever. As if he had been waiting for this moment. Waiting for the moment when there was no longer hope.

"You know, he once told me something." he began. His voice sending chills across my body but I remained still, trying to act as brave as I could. "He once told me that, in order to live in this world... one must die inside. Well perhaps he didn't mean it literally, but you get the idea."

He pulled out a knife from his back- short in length but wider than most knives. The glow of the flames reflected from it as he placed the edge of the knife into it. His eyes focused on the blade as it slowly glowed orange from the heat. I was unable to run away- there was nowhere to run to in the first place. He had the keys to the car. It was almost as if he had set this up from the beginning.

"And how 'bout you? Are you willing to live? Or will you remain part of the dead?" He turned his eyes sharply at me as he spoke. Approaching slowly with the blade pointed towards me. "Goodbye to the old you my dear friend. It's time to embrace the new you."


© 2023 Guess


Author's Note

Guess
I leave my failures behind, as a reminder of who I was. My sins, my scars... will forever be a reminder

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

31 Views
Added on September 1, 2023
Last Updated on November 4, 2023


Author

Guess
Guess

About
the past is the past more..

Writing
Crown Crown

A Poem by Guess