Moonlight and Blood

Moonlight and Blood

A Story by Keira
"

Written for the "Forbidden Love" contest

"

“Life happens so often heedless of the thoughts and plans you make”

 

That was all Andrea could get out onto her journal before she let her form slump a bit. Her form was normally ivory in flesh color, but recently, it'd become even paler, the blue of the blood running in her veins easily seen through the near transparency of her skin. Thick dark hair fell about her face, nearly obscuring it from view as she looked out over the blue green of the ocean's breaks outside her window. Her eyes were nearly matching the way that the ocean's brine tossed so near to the white house on the bluff, though they had a violet hue upon them. She was remarked upon by her soft exotic beauty, but she had not thought on it for a long time. She wore the clothing of her status, the lovely emerald of a cotton dress that cinched with the corset beneath it, but only because her lady had put her within it. Such a lady. Aurora was so beautiful...

 

That brought her crashing back to reality with a snap as she fought to escape her daydream. She wondered perhaps if it would be better to throw open the window here and launch herself from the window ledge into the rocks and sea below. But that would be an end to seeing her lady each day. And that was just something she could not imagine. Her breath drawing slowly, cold of the day seeping into her thin frame and right to her bones as her fingers were nearly numb with being so close to the window, the fire banked to help reserve heat until the lady would return from breakfast.

 

Andrea was far more to her Lady than a simple waiting maiden. It was in the hierarchy, and she was settled above the other maidens in waiting. Her Lady was of royal birth, which meant she possessed the powers to keep their peoples alive and thriving beneath the moonbeams. But this also meant that She craved the blood of her subjects. It was the eternal dichotomy of the power. The Royals protected and provided for the commoners, and the commoners offered up their own to feed the blood that was needed for the powers to continue the way that they should. So Andrea was chosen for allure of her blood to serve beneath the fair Lady. Some families had the gene that was meant to be the high servants, others did not. Andrea had been scared to serve in such a way, but her family was under no choice, that she was needed in the castle was a must. That was before she had fallen in love.

 

Suddenly Andrea was brought out of her thoughts by the sound of slipper scuff against cobblestone. She would recognize that sound anywhere, there was only one who walked that silently, and her heart began to pound. Her blood seemed to call out to the Lady, and Andrea was right there with it that she wished to be within the Lady's arms again. Pushing the diary aside, she lifted herself up to petite feet, her small hands smoothing down her verdant skirts, trying to look presentable as she knew the pooling of ebony hair would do nothing but flow freely without much taming, so she left it be. Her sea swirled orbs kept a sharp vigilance on the door and saw it creep inwards. Her breath caught and her heart stuttered, as it did every time, when she saw the Lady enter. Aurora was nearly completely different from Andrea when it came to physical appearance. Where Andrea was short, the Lady was elegantly willow like in her height. The dark hair of Andrea was starkly contrasted by the near white moonlit spun hair of the beautiful queen. The skin was pale, but had a rosy pallor beneath it that told her she was not the only one excited. A warm covering of velveteen blue was the material of the Lady's dress, dipping dangerously low over the smooth pillowing of bosom and then extending into long skirts that brushed over the tops of the matching blue slippers. Her voice was hardly ever above a beautiful song like murmur, and that didn't change now as she called out.

 

“Andrea, we have been looking everywhere for you....where have you been?” The lady came forwards, her small warm hands wrapping around Andrea's, shivering once with a gasp “You are cold as ice, is everything okay?” Those warm mahogany orbs of the queen met Andrea's blue green ones, and she knew she would have to do what she did each day...lie. Soon a warm smile bloomed upon the fullness of Andrea's mouth.

 

“Of course, M'Lady. You should not have worried yourself so. I was only here doing a bit of writing” She gestured with her eyes to the diary, a smile forced, but it was forced so often, that many mistook it for the real thing, and luckily, this included Aurora.

 

“Oh...yes I had forgotten how much you enjoyed that. But it still does not explain why you are so cold. Please, come sit by the fires with me” As much beautiful as she was kind, the lady led the poor girl over to where the fires flickered to life nearly at her very presence, and Andrea took the floor as she always did, a smooth kneel there as the lady placed herself like a kiss of breath upon a rocking chair.

 

“M'Queen, it was only of sitting next to the window. It is chilly there, but you know how I cannot resist the view” The queen nodded, satisfied with the answer as she pet gently over Andrea's thick dark mane, one of the things Aurora had loved most about her, beautiful satin to wrap her fingers within.

 

“Aye, I know how you love it there. You are my little seal trapped in this form, aren't you?” Andrea's heart sang for the kindness of the lady, and she could not help but lay her small ivory hued cheek upon the deep navy of the skirts, sighing in a kind of way of contentment as heat flowed back into her bones.  Her thoughts traveled to the love that sang through her veins along with the lifeblood, but she quickly blinked away the tears that wanted to form. The queen had many consorts and even a husband, but never had she shown an interest in women besides their well being, except for Andrea, who gained a bit more attention, but it was still only kindness, nothing more. The lady's words broke her out of her musings.

 

“Are you ready, sweet one?” A small tremor shook Andrea's form, for she knew what was coming next, craved and thirsted for it, but she could never ask. It was improper, and to show more than it was, to show more affection, well that could even end in the death of her, even if she was seemed to put onto Earth to feed the royals. Swallowing past a thick lump in her throat, she nodded before speaking up gently.

 

“As always, M'Lady”

 

With that, a small rustling of skirts as the two rose, Andrea would look upwards into that deep gaze, her head spinning as it always did in anticipation, trying to breathe past the joy that was rising in her chest. Shivering as the queen stepped forwards, taking the small frame of the girl into her arms nearly as tenderly as a lover. But soon that imagery was shattered as a slim hand pushed aside the thick tendrils of Andrea's thick mane. Tipping her head to the side to give better access to her queen, she let her palms come forwards to rest on the fair lady's upper arms, nearly caressing, though stopping just short so as not to arise suspicion. A small sound escaped as the feeling of pain then euphoric pleasure shot through her body when the fangs pierced. She let herself go to the feeling, to the rush, to the love, because it was only now that she could let herself go at all, and collapse into the warm waiting body of her queen.

© 2009 Keira


Author's Note

Keira
Thought it turned out pretty spiffy. Let me know. Haven't written fiction in a long time.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

its amazing :) you are very right, it turned out excellently!
Good job :) Keep it up

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

206 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on December 13, 2009
Last Updated on December 13, 2009

Author

Keira
Keira

About
Just getting back. Used to be here before, but lost the username unfortunately and I believe it was after the system went down and the writing went out the door. Hope to find the warm welcome I had wh.. more..

Writing