Valentine

Valentine

A Story by KerriFaye

Valentine. The pink and red letters now scattered on the ground, torn apart like the pieces of a shattered mirror. The moon is dying down, but the sun doesn't want to rise. It, too, is scared of being left behind. There are shadows which haunt my dreams. They surround me like a thick shell of dust left from an unopened chest. Consuming me, beckoning me, capturing me as a prisoner. Memories are running wildly all around, flashing before me as I try to sleep. They're taunting me, reminding me of my love for you.
And there you are, running away.
I cling to you, but you  slip away, like sand in my closed fist. You don't look back, to your home, instead you just steadily walk from the wreckage of what you left behind. The rose has been slowly dying. It falls to the ground as I watch it and weep. I would love to believe that time heals all things, but my faith is not that strong. That's something else you took with you.
And there you are, gone from my sight.
The sun has returned, but it fears to be gone again. It wonders how much longer it can stand alone. The autumn wind carries away the small script letters which once read, "Always and forever." from the valentine to which it was appendaged. I fear that I, too, will be forgotten from your existence. The path lies ahead, narrow and rugged, and I don't know how much more my feet can take. I'm weary, emotional too.This dust is conforming me to this dreary darkness. I feel trapped. Suffocated. I wonder how I still see the sun in all it's glory.
And you're not there.

© 2012 KerriFaye


Author's Note

KerriFaye
More of a freewrite.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow. This was a really inspiring... well, like you said, freewrite. I could really feel what you what you were talking about, and on a lot of the things you discussed I found that I could really relate to it, so thumbs up on that.
I noticed that you said that you were having some trouble finding inspiration in the world around you. I hate to advertise in this review, but I believe that my course, "Writing Whatever You Want Without Writer's Block," could really help you. I don't think you have writer's block, but I think that some of the ideas on there could help you out a little bit. Actually, I think that's what my next lesson is going to be about. Finding inspiration, I mean. So... I guess I should be thanking you for that. It isn't perfect, I know, but it just MIGHT be able to help you out a little bit more, and I'm sorry if it doesn't.
Did I mention this was a great freewrite?

Posted 11 Years Ago


KerriFaye

11 Years Ago

Thank you so much for the compliment! I get so frustrated with my writing sometimes and just throw i.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

88 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on December 14, 2012
Last Updated on December 14, 2012

Author

KerriFaye
KerriFaye

Saint James, MO



About
I'm Kerri. I am 17 years old. I used to write a lot, but seem to have lost my words recently. I'd really like to change that, therefore, I'm looking for some inspiration. I love to laugh, live, and li.. more..

Writing
In Progress. In Progress.

A Story by KerriFaye