Chapter 5

Chapter 5

A Chapter by Kristy Grissom

I knew we needed to continue our talk but at this moment I couldn't bring myself to speak. I was totally in awe of Ivey. The way she handled herself so far, the way she was looking at me, made me feel like I was ten feet tall. I also knew I needed to check in with Damien and Jared, I could feel them pushing hard through the blocks on my link.


"Jared, Damien you guys there?"  I asked 


"Man, where are you, we're all worried, your dad's been going crazy, saying stuff like he hoped you didn't do anything stupid."  Damien said, he actually sounded like he was really worried.


"Are you with Ivey?"  that was Jared. I could tell because he of all people knew what was at stake for me right now and I could feel his worry that it wasn't ok leaking through.


"Yeah, I'm with Ivey and every thing's ok. We're talking and she's handling it better then I thought she would, but we still have a lot to talk about so can you please tell dad for me? Can you also tell him I may need him for something soon but I'Il contact him, and ya'll when I can. Hopefully I'Il be bringing Ivey with me to meet mom and dad, we'll see though. I don't want to overwhelm her with mom."  I told them as I laughed, my mom would go crazy over Ivey. "Guys, thanks."  I really meant that because if for some reason this ends up going wrong, I would need them the most.


"No problem Max, we're your boys, we're here for ya man, just let us know." Jared's voice faded as he closed the link.


I must not have realized how long I'd been talking with the boys because when I looked down Ivey was staring at me with a puzzled expression on her face.


"What were you just doing Max? Your eyes glassed over and it was like you were somewhere far off..." she spoke quietly, still snuggled into my chest.


I groaned softly. I had to tell her about mind linking because eventually she'd be able to link with me and eventually the pack. I wasn't sure at this point how much was going to be too much and I just didn't want her to run from me. I know wanting to keep these secrets was selfish of me but I just really only wanted some time spent in peace with my beloved mate, safe in my arms; I knew deep down and plus with Zeus hounding at me to be honesty that I had to keep going. Even though he was with Ivey through me he was eager to come out and meet her, have her run her fingers through his thick fur and vow his love and protection to her, my hesitations were causing him undue pain and stress, so I shook my head trying to dispel the lingering negative thoughts and realized, what the hell I've come this far I might as well throw this in the mix.


"Ivey angel, what I've told you so far is just a tiny bit of what I have to share with you about myself." I was slowly tracing her cheek with the tips of my fingers then continuing to trace the planes of her face as I spoke. I wanted her to feel me and know I wouldn't hurt her but also selfishly I couldn't help not touching any part of her I could. "You see within our packs we have the ability to speak to one another through our minds. It's called our mind link, it also helps us communicate when our wolves take over. We think we have this ability because in wolf form we can't actually speak so therefore we can use our mind. We can of course block our thoughts from others if we don't want people to know what were thinking."


I looked down at her she was looking at me and playing with the material of my shirt almost absentmindedly and I could see the questions flying in her mind I knew eventually she was going to have a ton of them.


"Sooo... just then you were talking to somebody?" 

Ok, well that's not what I expected her to say, "Yes, Jared and Damien, the two guys that were with me at the diner, they were asking if I had told you yet and if I was ok. Also, apparently my father was freaking out thinking I was going to do something stupid if you freaked out." I kinda laughed. "Your not going to freak and run away are you?" I teased in a voice I thought or rather tried to sound sexy. I honestly don't think it worked because she laughed. 


"No, I'm not going to run away." her answer was laced with mischief, if the twinkle in her eye was any indication. "I do have a lot of questions and I want to hear the rest of your story but I am honestly glad that I'm not crazy." her voice betraying her nervousness

She suddenly pulled away from me. I growled. Oh god that's embarrassing I swear I didn't mean to it just happened my wolf was apparently making his way to the forefront, and I turned really red. "Ivey, I so didn't mean to just do that but why are you moving?" 


"I'm not really moving I'm just readjusting myself so I can see you better when we talk, and that was really rude of you to growl at me so don't make it a habit." she laughed as she straddled my lap so her face was right in front of me. Her eyes were sparkling in silent laughter. Her lips curved up in a slight smirk. Oh so she can be sarcastic well that's good because I tend to be very sarcastic and sometimes well mostly it gets me in trouble." 


This position was like heaven for my wolf, I groaned this was a double edge sword because now she was sitting on top of me and I was already straining in my jeans at just being this close to her and now in this position was growing even harder and my zipper was somewhat causing me some undue pain. I had to get control over this. For me this sexual feeling was natural it was in our nature to mate as soon as we found our other half but Ivey was a human and for some reason I didn't think her first thought was having me slam myself into her.


So I did the next best thing that would make both me and my wolf happy as well as take advantage of our current situation. I already had my arms around her back so I just pulled her closer to me and kissed her. Just like before as soon as our lips touched the electric current started the heat felt like a furnace that just kept rising in temperature. I couldn't stop myself I wanted entrance to her mouth so I nipped her lower lip causing her to groan and open. I began to trace her tongue with mine while I savored her flavor. Our tongues moved in such a way you would think we'd been made for this I couldn't believe how lucky I was. My wolf was going crazy and my lower region was getting even harder to ignore so I pulled away and quickly kissed her two more times. 

 

"Ivey if I don't stop now I'm going to take you right here and I will not have our first time be on the forest floor." I gasped I couldn't catch my breath so I rested my forehead to hers and just gazed into her eyes. She had turned a bright red at what I had said, but in her eyes I saw all my dreams all my hopes. If she only knew what kind of a hold she already had on me I don't know what she'd do. This girl could crush me into nothing. 

######

He really is serious he was a werewolf. I can't believe there real and he is one. I was really trying to wrap my mind around what he had been telling me at the same time knowing there was a lot more information still to come as well as that nagging feeling I was forgetting something that would not go away. But I would deal with that I was also trying to hide my embarrassment because I passed out on him. It kinda does explain a lot though what he told me about this mate thing and these feelings I had for him. I already love this boy so much. I wonder if he even really knew how much of my heart he has. I knew he said he still had a lot to tell me but frankly I didn't care all I could do was wish he would kiss me again. 


I wonder if because we were mates could I do that mind link thing with him. That would be great that way I could show him how much he meant to me. Imagine all the dirty things I could say to him in public and no one would know. Oh my god what am I turning into a nympho perv. I've never even had sex and here I was planning on becoming a perv. I had to laugh at myself, I really was crazy. I was also starting to realize when his Wolf- Zeus he called him, was coming out or closer to the surface because his eyes changed from crystal blue to an onyx that I also found breathtaking.

I know he's wondering if I'm going to run for the hills but strangely it almost seems normal and not at all scary. He was so cute when he let that growl slip and the way he turned red, and the way his eyes flash back and forth like he's having a hard time staying in control. If he only knew how that melted my heart and turned me on and oh my his kiss I thought the feeling of him touching me was amazing his kisses I could do that all day long and obviously from what I feel underneath me he liked it to. I giggled like a little schoolgirl yet again. What the hell was happening to me. I am not the type to be fanciful I am normally a pretty straight laced get to the point kind of gal and within two seconds I'm acting like a s**t. Get a grip Ivey.


He was looking at me funny as I was giggling. I forgot I was having a conversation in my own mind and he had know idea what I was thinking. I wonder what my face looks like to him as I process all this. It's strange I have never been in love before I haven't even wanted to be in love and from the moment I saw him I felt he was mine but to actually know it I absolutely can't explain the way that feels. 


I seriously could sit here like this forever but I know there's so much more he needs to tell me and I eventually need to tell him my story. I can see in his eyes his uncertainty. He's afraid it will be to much but I know myself and I always knew I would only give my heart once and he has it lock stock and barrel so he's not going to get rid of me even if he tried. I obviously didn't quiet understand the full meaning of a mate otherwise that statement would be pointless.


"Ivey," Max whispered. We were still sitting face to face touching foreheads " What are you thinking about that's making you giggle? Your eyes keep changing emotions and ..." he sounded kinda concerned but amused at the same time.


"I was just thinking about what a lucky girl I was." I replied honestly. Well it was pretty much the truth I just left out the schoolgirl part of it.


"You said there was more you needed to tell me Max, I'm ready to listen, but first I want you to really look at me when I say the next thing!" I said to him firmly at the same time I cupped his cheeks in my hands firmly so I could have control over his face and brought his eyes up to mine so I could see them and read them .As well as give him the opportunity to see the whole truth the way only your eyes could show. I wanted him to look info my soul into the deepest part of myself when I said what I had to say to him.


He looked scared at what I was about to say and for some reason that made me smile. A girl always needs to feel like they have some power even if they don't. 

"Ok " he said so softly I could barely hear him. But he never looked away from me almost like he understood what I wanted from him and he was going to give me that. I could also tell from his eyes that it was he who was in control. His wolf was giving us this moment.

So I took a breath. When I did this I inhaled his scent it smelled like the woods, it was extremely masculine and uniquely him and it calls to me; I knew I could now bare my soul. I needed to get this off my chest before he said anymore because if he decided he didn't want me I knew I would be left un-whole and broken.


"I am sorry I passed out earlier, it was a lot to take in," I began softly "It's... "He started to interrupt me but I put my finger to his lips I needed to say this. "I have been on my own since I was a child I have never had anyone to love or care for me. One day very soon I will need to tell you my story and somethings that will be very hard to hear but even harder for me to tell. I hope it won't change what you feel for me but some point I will need you to know all of me. I'm not even sure I know how to love but I can promise you I will listen to everything and every part of your story and accept it with every being of my soul. I just ask that when the time comes you give me the same respect." I paused as I felt my eyes start to fill with tears.


I took a deep breath cause I needed to get this out "I have never said the words I love you to anyone nor have I ever given myself to anyone. So as long as you are willing to accept me and my flaws and know I have many, I will work hard to be the person you need me to be and accept anything that you need from me. And every part of your story you have yet to tell me."


"Just be patient with me. Please and don't hurt me because I don't think I could come back from it. Somehow I already know that you are the only one for me." I finished pouring out my heart as I lowered my head I realized I was trembling, I was feeling like I had opened the floodgate of an abyss of emotions that actually left me hollow but full with a new form of hope and love that I knew now whatever happens going forward I meant every word I spoke and I only hoped he would understand the true depth of what I just said



© 2016 Kristy Grissom


Author's Note

Kristy Grissom
If I miss any grammarical errors please don't hesitate to point it out. I will try to update regularly. this is Book 1 of a trilogy so I really want honest opinions and any ideas you think could make the story better. all critism is definitely appreciated

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Stats

75 Views
Added on August 8, 2016
Last Updated on August 8, 2016
Tags: supernatural, werewolves, vampire, mates, war, death, power, alpha goddess