Part Two

Part Two

A Chapter by Khyrro
"

Meet Sadie...

"
Ocean waves roared as they crashed against the small ledge on which Sadie sat on. Sounds of yelling and metal pans hitting walls echoed around her, *Not another fight* she thought and hung her head.

She heard a tiny cry from a creamy yellow house behind her. Her dark sea green eyes snapped open in anger. "No one hurts Sam!!!" she ran into the house shouting the four words. The only thing she got back was a couple a glares and a sneer before the chaos started once more. 
 
Returning all their looks with a smirk Sadie stormed into living room. Sitting in the living room was little five year old boy who was absorbed in a game of invisible patty cake. His high pitched wails of irritation rang through the house, the message was clear: stop interrupting me. Surrounding him were five teens yelling retard and making faces, and not the good kind. 
"Shut up all of you! He has autism its not his fault!!!!" Sadie yelled over their obnoxious laughter and harsh taunts. 

Shaking her head in irritation she raced up stairs into her room and shut the door with a loud THUMP. She was done with all the taunts, especially those to Sam. Gazing around madly Sadie grabbed a burlap bag, slung it over her shoulder. It was time to go.

*Good bye torture!* she thought with a sneer as she charged into the living room and picked up Sam, who pulled her hair in response, then raced out of the house. She kept running until they hit the beach.

Sam pulled away from her nimble grasp and wandered his way over to pile of blankets and pillows she had put there the day before. 

For the first time in a long time Sadie sighed, not of anger and annoyance, but of pure relief and happiness. She had been thinking of running away with Sam for a long time, finally she did it. She had made a little hut leaning against the cliffs of sunset beach.

A high squeal of laughter made her jump. It was followed by the sound of flailing arms like Sam was trying to fly. Despite the circumstances the little boy's happiness and grinning forced her stubborn lips to break into a smile. "I love you too Sammy." Sadie replied as she drifted over to play patty cake with him.  

His tiny chubby hands  slapped her nimble ones delicately as if he was trying to sooth her. Though his dark blue eyes wandered elsewhere he seemed to be more in the moment then she was.

*Food* she thought in the middle of a high five. She had some stored in a little picnic basket inside their shelter, but that would only last them so long. She would have to buy some more. Pulling out $10 Sadie gave Sam her -sorry- look as he was beginning to cry then tried to play patty cake with a butterfly.

"Come on Sammy, time for a little trip" she smiled at her little brother who gurgled a laugh in reply, though she was sure his giggle was for the butterfly.

She decided to carry him in the large burlap bag. He was oddly small, even for his age, he would easily fit inside the sturdy bag. 

He wailed a giggle of joy as he flapped his arms as he tried to fly and touch the clouds before hanging his head in sadness as he came back down. "We'll go to the top of the cliff later if you want" I told him sweetly.

---------------------town-------------------------

She heard people yelling like they were angry at someone. Holding the burlap bag tightly she peered over a chinese take-out store to see a dirt covered boy play a guitar while singing Grenade. His voice was so sweet that even little Sam who never seemed to pay attention lifted his head to see who was playing the pretty music.

Squinting to see the boy she saw that he was crying despite all the cheering and smiles that surrounded him. *Why is he crying?* she wondered, but part of her knew why. 

Sadie knew what it was like to be misunderstood.


© 2011 Khyrro


Author's Note

Khyrro
Thought I'd put in a kid with autism since my sister has special needs. Tell me how you like it.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

175 Views
Added on August 3, 2011
Last Updated on August 3, 2011


Author

Khyrro
Khyrro

About
I'm a 13 year old girl who just loves writing. I'm not the best out there, but people say I'm good and so why not share it? Anyway have fun reading my stories. I have written multiple unfinished stori.. more..

Writing