Prolog

Prolog

A Chapter by Kiari Sabon

 

It all started simple enough, about ten years ago. The economy was going to s**t and one man seemed to have a solution. He was the president of the United States. He slowly got the US back on its feet creating new jobs and forming a new type of health care for his people. But over time seemingly random incidents started happening around the country, shootings. He used this as a way to take away guns from the general public, leaving the good men of America defenseless even when the corrupt still had means to buy them.         

Later in his rain he started pushing the ideal of putting microchips into people for easier access to one’s medical records, criminal records and currency.  For people dealing in illegal means this didn’t fly but they weren’t the only ones who were against it. The chips started becoming mandated causing an uproar in the general public, and more so with the Christian community. Word spread like a disease that it was the mark of the beast and the end was here…

Christian’s started refusing the chip, though others accept it seeing no other way around it. Those who refused did one of three things. Joined the rebellion, were persecuted and placed into concentration camps spread out around the country, or went into hiding. But Christians were not the only ones who went against. Those who felt an invasion of their rights or even those who felt it just wasn’t right took a stand against it, only to be persecuted just the same.

I myself am not sure why I have chosen to fight against it. I was once a Christian but have lost faith in a god who has abandoned us in our time of need. I have seen children dragged into this rebellion only to be slaughtered, starve or even worse and every day those who have received the chip cheer on this persecution.  An in their advanced society lies the chaos of faith and freedom. We are the rebellion and we stand alone.



© 2013 Kiari Sabon


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

169 Views
Added on January 21, 2013
Last Updated on January 21, 2013


Author

Kiari Sabon
Kiari Sabon

morehead, KY



About
Im broken its as simple as that but it seems all writers have seen the darkest and brightest moments being able to capture the hearts of so many. I can't bring myself to talk to those i should but whe.. more..

Writing
Rada Rada

A Poem by Kiari Sabon