Tyson vs Berbick

Tyson vs Berbick

A Poem by Andy Leavy
"

Knocked him out in the second

"
I'm looking in the mirror and I f*****g hate what's looking back. These c***s they always know what to attack. First, it was my acne-ridden face, spots flashing like a beacon. Now, it's the weight, pointed out with second looks and backhanded comments. "Jaysus, man you're like big"

I'm always changing just to be accepted by you f***s. Killed the acne with steroids, it took my youth as collateral. Now I starve myself to get in shape and receive acceptance from those who only gave me hate. In school, I hid who I really was and the hobbies I enjoyed, then insulted and attacked the those who didn't allow their fun to be spoiled.

I feel empty inside and not just in my stomach. When I stare in the mirror now, the acne is gone and the weight has begun to fall off, but the man that looks back is one that sold out for the acceptance of others.

The hollow feelings of improving my appearance don't impress my inner-self, he knows the truth, that deep down I despise my f*****g self.

© 2019 Andy Leavy


Author's Note

Andy Leavy
Trevor Berbick was murdered by his nephew.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

16 Views
Added on October 12, 2019
Last Updated on October 12, 2019

Author

Andy Leavy
Andy Leavy

Ardee, Louth, Ireland



About
Aspiring Comic Book Writer but will be posting other stuff here too short stories etc. Most will be Adventure/Action or Sci-Fi but I will dabble in other genres. Hope you enjoy what you see and don't .. more..

Writing
Dreamers Dreamers

A Poem by Andy Leavy


Angeldust Angeldust

A Poem by Andy Leavy