Chapter 3: Memories of Folocis I

Chapter 3: Memories of Folocis I

A Chapter by KingJoseph
"

A memory of the past sparks a light within. The struggle arises, a darkness desired and the light inside. Should these memories exist, my life would be void for I only live for the darkness around.

"

My eyes had turned dark the moment I touched her hand. She eats light and I eat darkness, it was to be expected; although sight wasn't the only light she took.

"My my, such a sweet lie~! Your memories play such a sullen tune, yet such delicious fragments nonetheless. Scorn, hatred and deceit, all so rich! A darkness foreboding you say, a darkness so clear, I see. You of a proud soul? what of your fallen heart? I see through you, the struggle within is all so clear to me. Such wonderful sight you behold to me, so fulfilling that It quenches me to the core, succulence that I simply cannot resist. It fills me to see the amount of darkness you already posses. My body shakes in excitement, as if I can already taste the end. I am tempted to take a bite, come closer, even more. Surely not all, a simple taste will suffice. Now, come slowly and..."

I had stopped before I could, as if I wasn't in control. She was after the fragments of my memories, the time where I could still grasp the light of this world. The struggle she says is certain, to eat darkness when there is still light in me would be void. But these memories of mine could not be considered light for they were mere refractions, remnants that do not belong but should remain.

The year of the grand purification. It was the golden era of magic. The world had discovered the different sources of magic and had "purified" them to be of use, for unrefined magic is simply a collection of high reactive energy. At that time, I had not known of the cruelty of the Grand Magic Leaders, belonging to what is known as the ZECT organization that mainly handles the purification. This organization was spread throughout the world to help promote the existence of magic to further advance our way of living. At that time, I was a soldier belonging to the ZECT, mainly in the area of Folocis which is widely known for magic experimentation in restoration. I was a squad leader, one of the high positioned that handled exploration, mainly in search for the countries source of magic. I was stationed at Folocis headquarters wherein I would collect unrefined magic to be brought back for purification. It was located in the world's most vibrant greenery, within the forest area of the region which is considered the largest greenery of the world, thus is Folocis. It boasted a high quality of rare plants which served as herbs with varying effects to be used in the manufacturing of magical medicine. The fruits and vegetables are countless in number, all rich in anti-oxidant to prolong longevity and serves as the main food source of the people. A peaceful and serene village, never have I felt such cold and refreshing air. The place itself was medicinal, I felt like I could live forever. Beside its unique environmental features, Folocis was also known to be rich in restorative magic, frequently visited by many in hopes to be cured. Through magic experimentation, researchers have now found cures to most diseases as well as prolonged human life to certain degrees which yielded the title, "Folocis of Health". People would also use the medicinal herbs all around to further improve the effects of restorative magic, this would probably explain the reason for its location. It was then that I found Aletta, a renowned researcher from Folocis. She had received the title, "Empress" due to her cold and professional attitude. She had treated me when I lost a portion of my arm in a magical outburst brought about by unrefined magic.

Restorative magic works that when refined magic is imbued into the body, regeneration begins. The difficulty lies in the blending of the magic imbued and the damaged area. One should consider the amount of magic imbued to the body, the type of damage, purification percentage and consistency. Should one of the specifications fail to be at the desired level, degeneration occurs and decomposition will take place as if time had taken its toll on you.

Aletta was a genius in calculation and manipulation. She always knew the exact amount of magic to be imbued and her restorative work was always consistent. She published 15 books; 7 for beginning restorative magic users and 8 for advance theory and calculation specifications. She was a genius in restorative magic and has greatly hastened the improvement of medicinal magic. As one of the high positioned leaders of the magical soldiers, I was assigned to take orders from Aletta personally. These task would involve gathering more unrefined magic, and assisting her during her work which if I may say, is quite difficult. She'd bash me for every wrong measurement during mock restoration tests and had me memorize all the books she had written. Truly an empress no doubt, queen of ice more like it. She did have a jolly side, she had a passion for teaching and she truly had a way with words. Being under her was truly bliss, but nothing ever lasts. The scarcity of unrefined magic soon came intro fruition and what other source could there be? Something more unusual than a highly condensed source of energy. But life is more unusual if I would say.



© 2015 KingJoseph


Author's Note

KingJoseph
Please do leave useful comments :) Tell me if you liked my story!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

146 Views
Added on June 15, 2015
Last Updated on June 15, 2015
Tags: Magic, Adventure, Drama, Fantasy, vampire, Tragedy, Dark


Author

KingJoseph
KingJoseph

About
Hi! I am Joseph and I am a freelancer. I have submitted stories online both for profit and for the heck of it. I love writing and it makes me happy to create stories I wish I could live in. I hope tha.. more..

Writing
The Self The Self

A Poem by KingJoseph