I Have a Cold

I Have a Cold

A Story by KioneCookie
"

In which my persona, Kione, has a doppelganger at the asylum with split personalities.

"

It was a rather impossible thought-that the asylum had eaten up their duplicate and spat them out as a malnourished shell. They were Kione Barkovsky, after all, the doctor, the terror of the Male Ward, the one who was in control.


At least, one of them was. The other half of themselves had sprawled out all over one of the dirty mattresses littering the floor of the asylum, their left arm serving as a pillow for his face. It was kind of pathetic, kind of cute-both in the way that a starving dog with eyes big and watching his mater for any chance at gobbling up some scraps of food that might fall.


They had been silent for a while, just lying there. The real-was that even applicable here? Kione went about tormenting a fool by slowly tearing off his fingernails. The wonderful screams had been fun, but, of course, their mind went back to the other them laying on the mattress like a dejected idiot.

So of course, they came back. One had to take care of oneself, after all. It was the most important rule of like! To look out for one and one’s own...


Still, they hadn't moved from the mattress, and upon closer examination of slow rise and fall of that chest and the shut eyes it seemed as though exhaustion had claimed their double and sent them into a land of slumber! Which was overdue, really. To be honest, they were feeling a little bit of that sleepiness bothering them as well-just rattling around on the edges on their mind. Waiting for a chance to steal him away.


Allowing them themselves to fall to their hands and knees, the crawled closer, leaning down to stare them in the face. And then, seized by whim, they sneezed into the face of their duplicated. “Good morning.”

© 2014 KioneCookie


Author's Note

KioneCookie
tell me if there are any grammar problems!
reviews and comments are always appreciated

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

"the asylum had eaten up their duplicate and spat them out as a malnourished shell."

I love this metaphor! this reminds me of the images in Shutter Island.

This sounds like the most menacing cold ever

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

275 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on July 13, 2014
Last Updated on July 13, 2014
Tags: doppelganger, asylum, two personalities, Kione

Author

KioneCookie
KioneCookie

Livny, Russia



About
sup i write things about my ocs it's an AU that take's place in abandoned asylum i guess enjoy more..

Writing