IGNORE THIS!

IGNORE THIS!

A Story by KioneCookie
"

this is the guide for my book projects, but its just for my school, so you can ignore this <3

"

Name:  ________________________


Due Date:  _____________________


Book Title:  ____________________


Author:  _______________________


Number of Pages:  _______________



Book Project


Directions: Follow the instructions in each section. You will want to begin your book review while reading your book. Write or type your answers on a separate piece of paper. When you write your answers, write the topic, the question number and rewrite the question. For example: Knowledge #7: Where did the story take place?



KNOWLEDGE: 3 points each. Choose five of the questions below and answer them in detail.  Your answers need to be in paragraph form. Sentences should be complete and clear.


  1. Make a list of at least five facts that you learned from the story.

  2. List the characters and describe them (protagonist/ antagonist, physical characteristics, intellectual characteristics, emotional characteristics, how they interact with other characters, personality, actions, and motives.)

  3. List five new words you learned in the book. Write down their dictionary pronunciation and meaning. Please indicate the source you got the definitions from; Dictionary.com, or whatever it may be.  

  4. If your book was a mystery, tell what the mystery was and how it was solved (be detailed, but don’t give away the story!)

  5. List ten interesting and challenging words from the book. Create a puzzle. You can use a free online puzzle maker or draw one yourself. The definitions must be the clues to solve your puzzle.  Include an answer sheet with your puzzle.

  6. What problem(s) does/ do one of the characters have, and how does he or she solve it? Be specific and detailed.

  7. Where did the story take place? (specific to setting details: time, place, location, buildings, homes, weather, date, century, etc).

  8. What other books has this author written? (you must list at least 10. If it is their first book indicate that and tell what genre the book is…Fantasy, SciFi, Romance, etc.).

  9. What is the time period in which the story takes place? Be specific; support your answer with two references from your book. Include the page that the information is from.





COMPREHENSION: 5 points each. Choose three of the questions below and answer them in detail.  Your answers need to be in well constructed paragraph. Sentences should be complete and clear.


  1. What was the problem in the book, and how was it solved? (Who were the characters involved? Be specific.)

  2. Did anyone in the book do something you did not like? What was it and why did you not like it?

  3. What is the genre of this book? List three pieces of evidence that prove this!  Include page #.

  4. What was the author’s purpose or purposes in writing this book? (Entertain, Inform about a certain topic…)Support your answer with details.

  5. If you could continue the story, what events would you include? Why?

  6. List the five major events in the story in the correct order. (Exposition, rising action, climax, falling action, resolution)

  7. Tell in your own words the beginning of the book using the most descriptive language possible.

  8. Describe what is happening in the first illustration in the book (if applicable), attach a photo copy of the picture.

  9. How did the main character feel (physically and emotionally) during the book? Give evidences of this.  Include page #’s.

  10. What did the title have to do with the book?  How do you know this?

  11. Tell, in your own words, how the setting of the story made it more interesting.  Must tell me the setting.


APPLICATION: 5 points each. Choose two of the questions below and answer them in detail. Sentences should be complete and clear, in paragraph form.


  1. Did this book remind you of anything that has happened to you? What? Why? Be specific and detailed.

  2. Did this book give you any new ideas about yourself? What?  Why? Be specific and detailed.

  3. What would the main character be likely to do if he/she visited our classroom? Be detailed and creative.

  4. If you were in a problem situation like the one in the book, how would you have acted? Be sure to tell what the situation is. Be detailed.

  5. What lesson did you learn from the story? Was it a new lesson or one you learned before? Be detailed.

  6. Write a letter to a friend recommending this book using the proper friendly letter format.  Must be at least three paragraphs.

  7. Pretend you are one of the characters in the book. Write a diary about the happenings in your life for three consecutive days.

  8. List the places in the book that are important and tell why they are important. Then, make a map including these places as you imagine they may look.

  9. What changes would have to be made if the book had taken place in a different century?



ANALYSIS: 20 points. Choose one of the questions below and answer in detail. Your answer will be in paragraph form. Sentences should be complete and clear.


  1. If your story happened in a foreign land, compare that land to the United States.

  2. If your story occurred long ago, compare that time with today in a good paragraph. If it was a modern story, compare it with a time long ago and tell what would be different.

  3. Decide which parts of the book include the five W’s (who, what, when, where, why) and the H (how). Then write a good paragraph for a newspaper article including these facts. Remember, newspapers are written without bias!

  4. Write a different ending to the book. Tell why you changed it. Summarize the original ending. Be specific and detailed.

  5. Tell five ways that the main character is like you. You must reference the book and include page #’s. Not just happy, sad, etc.

  6. Find one word that describes a character in your book very well. Give five reasons for your choice and support it with references from the book.

  7. In a good paragraph, state the theme of the book. Provide details from the text to support your answer.

  8. Compare two of the characters in this book. Be detailed, using all qualities of characteristics.


SYNTHESIS: 25 points. Choose one of the questions below and answer in detail. Your answer will be in paragraph form. Sentences should be complete and clear. If you are choosing a project it must demonstrate time, effort and creativity. You may draw, use the computer, make a Powerpoint, or create a project (needs teacher approval).


  1. What part would you change in the story? Why?

  2. Using information from the book about one of the main characters, rewrite his/her portion of the story with a different outcome.

  3. Write another short story using the same characters.

  4. Name one character. Rewrite the story from this character’s point of view.

  5. Write a poem about this book (must demonstrate effort and creativity).

  6. Design a poster for this book.

  7. Pretend you are a librarian recommending this book to someone. Write a paragraph telling what you would say.

  8. Make an eight section comic strip with captions showing the main events of the story.

  9. Prepare a book jacket that illustrates the kind of book, as well as, tells the story.

  10. Design costumes for the characters that are colorful and include descriptions as to why you chose these outfits.

  11. What do you think is the climax of the book? Why?

  12. Choose an interesting character from the book. Think about what his/her dislikes are; then think of a gift you would like to give him/her. Design a greeting card to go along with the gift in which you explain why you gave that gift. Recreate the gift.

  13. Identify one problem in the book and give an alternate solution, one that was not given by the author.


EVALUATION: 5 points. Choose three of the questions below and answer them in detail. Your answers will be in paragraph form. Sentences should be complete and clear.


  1. Who do you think the author intended to read this book and why? Be specific and detailed and reference the book.

  2. If you could only save one character from the book in the event of a disaster, which one would it be and why? (A disaster is not always an act of nature, but could be a personal situation, too.)

  3. Did you like the way the story ended? Why or why not? Be detailed and specific.

  4. Which character in the book would you choose for a friend? Why? Be detailed and specific.

  5. What perspective was the book written in (first or third person)? Be specific and support your answer.

© 2014 KioneCookie


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

219 Views
Added on November 1, 2014
Last Updated on November 1, 2014

Author

KioneCookie
KioneCookie

Livny, Russia



About
sup i write things about my ocs it's an AU that take's place in abandoned asylum i guess enjoy more..

Writing