Distance

Distance

A Story by KioneCookie
"

Alek will never get over Isaac <3

"

He doesn’t hear her entering the room, she’s not wearing any shoes and the thick carpet dulls whatever tiny noise she makes with her every step. A soft, warm little hand caresses his shoulder before giving it a light squeeze. He has been tense all day but now he freezes.


There is cold sweat on his neck and forehead, he can’t move. His daughter is in bed by now, he thinks, this is whys he is here. Because it has been weeks, months. Because it has been too long.


He has an excuse; one that she doesn’t know of, one that she couldn’t possible comprehend. Bits and pieces, never the whole truth.


His right hand is desperately clutching his mouse now, perspiration between his skin and the plastic making this an almost impossible task. His left hand automatically clenches into a fist. He is paralyzed with fear. In front of him, the flickering white of the screen mocks him with a peaceful and boring past. Behind him: his wife. He cannot stand to even think the word. The voice, always the voice. As caressing as the little hand.


His wife is now the enemy, the worst he can ever imagine, the one he can never forget.


His vision is blurry, there are tears in his eyes.


“Darling?” a soothing voice calmly inquires. Nothing more. Just that word. But that word is enough.

With a stifled scream he jumps up, lunging at her with his left fist aimed at her face. His vision is fading, even her sharp cry of surprise and pain does not pull him back to consciousness.


--


The papers on the kitchen table are neatly organized. She will keep the house, the car. Their daughter. He wanted it that way. He’ll trade his home for a cell, voluntarily this time.


“You needn’t come visit” he mumbles as he gently hands her the pen.


Without a word, without hesitation, Kayla signs.

© 2014 KioneCookie


Author's Note

KioneCookie
// domestic violence maybe??

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

127 Views
Added on July 18, 2014
Last Updated on July 18, 2014
Tags: kayla, alek, isaac

Author

KioneCookie
KioneCookie

Livny, Russia



About
sup i write things about my ocs it's an AU that take's place in abandoned asylum i guess enjoy more..

Writing