The Dark Clown

The Dark Clown

A Story by Koda Shinsei
"

Such a short story but if you want me to keep going i will.

"

     There was once a small town that was peaceful, the people of this town were cheerful to one another except to the one named Koda which all had shunned. The person known as Koda was sixteen years of age, he stood up around 6'2. The reason this young man was shunned was because he was a orphan but that's not the only reason, both of his parents were murdered when he was at the age of 9 and no one understands how only that Koda was the only survivor. Koda only came down from the small cottage he owned to buy food but whenever he showed his face everyone ignored him but the shop owner and his son which was a few years older then Koda, the shop keepers name was Nathan and his son was named Saito. Saito stood two inches taller then Koda and both his eyes were dark green while his fathers eyes were light blue. One other reason no one made eye contact with Koda was that his left eye was dark blue and that his right eye was crimson.

     The rain poured on this dreadful day when the Mayor finally gave the order to not sell anything to Koda or the so called possessed child, from that day onwards Nathan kept selling things to Koda even if everyone stopped coming to his shop he still sold to the young teenager. The Mayor taxed Nathan more then the others since he decided to disobey his commands but Nathan still found a way to pay them. Then on August 14th 1934, Nathan came down with a sickness which could only be cured by medicine but no doctor would give him the medicine, Saito and Koda both tried to get the medicine bit no one would budge and then on September 1 1934, Nathan passed away. There was no funeral but Saito could no longer show emotion after that and after he closed up the shop for the final time he told Koda.

     "I think I'm gonna leave here and visit a new town and make a living there, one day you should come and pay me a visit." When Koda asked where Saito was going, Saito only pointed North then began to walk into the direction in which he pointed. Koda didn't follow him nor did he want to.

     It was August 25 1937, it kept raining for the past few months straight and the people were starting to get poor from the lack of crops growing and the lack of food that was coming from outside towns. All the people in the town gathered and finally came to a solution of the problem. They decided that the reason for the rain was Koda and he was the curse that this village as been suffering.On this day was Koda's birthday, it also was the day that Saito sent his first letter which was attached to a present. The letter said,

     "Yo Koda hows it going down in that little town, well i hope that its good cause if your birthday is crappy theres gonna be hell to pay for those little villagers. Just kidding but i wanted to give you a small gift which i got from my work, hopefully they help you out when you finally leave since this is such a cruel world your gonna need protection so here. PS: Only take it out of the wrapping if your ready for the responcability. Anyway good luck and hope to see you soon little man!"

     Koda had a tear dripping from his left eye as he read this then his gaze drifted to a large package. Koda reached down finally openning it up only to see a long katana which blade was 6' feet long and the hilt was 3 feet. The Katana was sheathed and had a note on it which read,

    "Do not take out unless you have too."

     Then there were to other objects in the package which were two Desert Eagles that had a slightly extended barrel and there was something written on each. On the black Desert Eagle had the name Hades, then on the Golden one had the name Zeus. While Koda was staring at all of his gifts he began to cry once again at the fact that his only friend gave him a present. Koda knew why Saito had given him these gifts. Koda nodded his head then when he was done cleaning up and about to throw out the package something slipped out which was a pocket watch, Koda opened the pocket watch only to see a ordinary watch. Koda remember where he had seen this watch and it was the watch which Nathan had only had on his person at all time.

     The sun finally showed after all that time after that day.
    

     On July 23 1940, was the day that Koda had been waiting for, Koda had both his Desert Eagles in holsters at his side and his Katana was hidden inside a long bag. The two Desert Eagles were covered by his long black coat, Koda's dark brown slightly spiky hair covered the front of his eyes as he began leaving but when he was almost outside of the towns gates all the villagers stood there blocking his path whispering to one another that the demon child should not be aloud to cause more pain to the world. All the men in the group held either a butchers knife, shovel or Revolver. Koda didn't move nor did he drop the bag which was hiding his Katana and that he was holding in his right hand. The Mayor suddenly said.

     "Im sorry my boy but we can't let you leave nor can we let you stay so you must let us kill you." Koda stared at the Mayor and then said in reply.

     "I'm just leaving to live with Saito." All the villagers laughed, one of the villagers even yelled.

     "You mean the son of that idiot shop keeper which we let die, that boy is prolly dead somewhere wishing he didn't leave this town."

     Koda couldn't stand another second of this, in a second he had Zeus in his left hand pointing at the villager who said that. The Mayor laughed for the moment and all the villagers dropped what they were holding and all the men held the revolver and the women held the knives now. Some of the women were crying and whispering.

     "Its his fault our children are dead.......all his fault." Koda only stared at them then sighed finally pointing Zeus away from the villager, but then he heard a slight whisper which no one else could ear.

     "We killed Nathan......We made Saito leave.......Wre going to kill you...."

     Koda began to laugh as he dropped his bag and openned it up, the villagers saw what was inside the bag but instead of pulling out the Katana Koda pulled out a Mask which had a large smile on the fron and two holes for the eyes.

     All the villagers tood in confusion, finally they got tired of just standing there and the men started shooting but what they were shooting was not Koda but at thin air. Koda had vanished from thin air. All the villagers heard was a small chuckle which echoed throughout there surroundings. Then finally a man fell down a large hole through his chest. The chuckling turning into a loud laugh and within seconds of each other a rain of bullets killed all but the Mayor.

     Koda finally showed himself in front of the mayor and said in a small whisper,

     "Hope you enjoyed the show."

     The Mayor stood still, terrified of what just happened as Koda walked past him both Zeus and Hades in the holster and the mask still on and once Koda was gone the Mayor finally looked around and all the villagers had a stunned look on there face, none of them were injure but the Mayor could not stop shaking. There was a letter in front of him which read.

     "Hope you liked the show but this joke has gone to far i believe, now good day."

© 2009 Koda Shinsei


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

A good story. If a little choppy and the plot a little off key. A interesting tale of a battle , perhaps one that came to soon, and ended to soon. It all seems a little rushed adn unplanned, unclear. The use of his name is very repetive perhaps consider replacin with him, he, and so on or just start the sentance without the use of t at all, as it becomes tedious to read his name over and over again.
Overall this story is good, there is room for improvment but the basis of a begnnin is good, the idea is a very well thought one just needs final tuning very well done

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

A good story. If a little choppy and the plot a little off key. A interesting tale of a battle , perhaps one that came to soon, and ended to soon. It all seems a little rushed adn unplanned, unclear. The use of his name is very repetive perhaps consider replacin with him, he, and so on or just start the sentance without the use of t at all, as it becomes tedious to read his name over and over again.
Overall this story is good, there is room for improvment but the basis of a begnnin is good, the idea is a very well thought one just needs final tuning very well done

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

152 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on August 1, 2009

Author

Koda Shinsei
Koda Shinsei

Palm Coast, FL



About
Hey all, well I'm Koda and I guess I'm a writer most of the time. I only write whenever the ideas in my head won't leave me alone. I don't write drama's or love stories cause i find them botherso.. more..

Writing
Info Info

A Story by Koda Shinsei