In Drama Club

In Drama Club

A Poem by Emunah June.
"

It hurts when you lose a friend over a fight. It hurts even worse when you lose a friend unintentionally.

"

 

kanon_97small.jpg

 

I know I came late.

 

I know I came late, but still.

 

I still got to work with you.

 

I remember that day pretty clearly. The day I gathered up enough to courage to talk to you. I remember I was really nervous as I paced along the creaky gym floor, game cards in hand.

 

I knew you liked them too.

 

"Wanna trade?" I asked.

 

And you nodded.

Even though you didn't really play the game.

 

Thats okay.

I didn't either.

Still don't.

 

We became friends that year, in Drama Club. It was my first year, and your second. Thats all we were. Clumsy sixth graders who didn't quite know who we were just yet.

 

So rolled in seventh grade.

 

We had grown up a bit more. I got a bit taller, with longer hair and more defined curves. You got waaaay taller, with broader shoulders and a kinder personality.

 

I was nervous that year.

In Drama Club.

 

Suddenly life was no longer about playing cards and backstage jokes. It was about how fast my heart raced when you walked by, and how much I blushed when you gave me a goodbye hug.

 

I had a crush on you.

And it started that year.

In Drama Club.

 

I was too shy to act on my feelings.

So I kept them secret.

 

I got the second female lead.

You played my brother.

That year, in Drama Club.

 

The year raced by, and remember the night I found her crying in a bathroom stall.

 

Your girlfriend.

 

"He broke up with me," she choked, and I felt my heart break. To have a girl lose someone as wonderful as you must have stung. I stroked her back and stayed as close to her as I could.

 

"He left me...for you."

She said that to me.

That year, in Drama Club.

 

I blushed hard, and sure enough you pulled me into the hallway and told me.

 

"I heard you liked me as a brother. But I was hoping it could be more then that..."

 

And so rolled in the eigth grade.

This year, in Drama Club.

 

The summer brought new romances. You and I had held hands, taken walks along the Fort, and went to the movies. But something inside me said I needed to be alone.

 

So I let you go.

This year, before Drama Club.

 

We came to rehersals, and I remember dropping my bag and keeping my distance. I had no room in my heart to look you in the eyes. My heart would swell with sheer agony and regret.

 

2 months of dreaded silence.

This year, in Drama Club.

 

Eventually, I found my voice. Together we slowly began to mend our friendship. We went from handshakes back to hugs and eventually, we became as open as ever.

 

This year, in Drama Club.

 

Today, however, signaled the end.

 

You walked onstage, and the play director handed you photos from the years before. I knew what this meant.

 

You were leaving the school.

To high school.

 

Tear ran down my face and I felt it hit me: the realization that I lost a friend. The realization that next year I would walk into an empty gym followed by empty rehersals full of empty smiles.

 

Next year, in Drama Club.

 

I cry.

I cry I cry and I cry.

 

You take me into your arms and make me promise not to hurt. But it's impossible. I'm losing you. I hurt when you let me go and I hurt when you glance at the stage for the last time.

 

And I cry again.

 

Sad Anime girl at Ball

 

See you, Drama Club buddy.

 

5-7-11~

© 2011 Emunah June.


Author's Note

Emunah June.

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones


Dedicated to my very best Drama Club buddy. Even as I write this now I can't help but cry. It hurts to know that I'm losing someone who means so much to me.

DONT review if you're going to be mean.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I hurts seeing someone go, someone move on. But you should know that if you are thinking about him, then hes probably thinking of you. Its how human beings work and our connections link together.
Thats how you know you have made a connection with someone when they are still thinking about you.

Posted 13 Years Ago


This is so sad. I can tell he meant a lot to you, and it's hard to lose someone so close to you, i know. I really hope it gets better :) Oh and awesome song choice by the way.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Awe this is a cute little story. I know losing a friend because they are moving onto a new school is hard. I think you are afraid they are going to replace you. But hopefully he will be your friend again. Cute write too. Thanks for sharing.

Posted 13 Years Ago



2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

2237 Views
13 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 5 Libraries
Added on May 8, 2011
Last Updated on May 9, 2011

Author

Emunah June.
Emunah June.

Inside My Own Mind, Amestris



About
Shalom Alechiem! Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Emmy, and I've been on this site for a long, long time. There was an admitted period of absence, and for that I apologize, but I am back no.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..