Chapter 11: Truth

Chapter 11: Truth

A Chapter by Kornez

Chapter 11 Truth


Afterwords when I returned from the village, I stepped into the house, wiped my feet and wondered into the large basement. I saw Vesper. She was beautiful in the light. Vesper revealed a egg.

What should you name it?” She asked me.

Is it a he or she?” I asked Vesper.

It's a boy.” She replied.

Something was wrong I could feel it, even in my excitement I could see my dear wife wanted to tell me something, something I didn't know. I glanced at her plate of food.

You haven't finished your food!” I said worriedly.

Vesper 's eyes showed the secret had to be told.

How old do you think I am boy?” She asked me.

Two, I only celebrated you second birthday a few weeks ago.” I replied.

“Wrong,” She said.

I am a thousand and two.”

I was shocked.

But how?” I asked.

I should have told you this when we first met Boy, every-time your sister made a wish I would age.” Vesper replied.

But I stopped you!” I cried.

Vesper continued.

When the wizard came he reduced my age but told me that as soon as you gave the egg a name I would die.”

Then I won't.” I said.

No Boy you must!” Vesper cried.

He told me if you didn't he would come and steal the egg!” Vesper said.

I could just think of what the readers would say. “Just hide it!”

If you love me like you do, give it a name.”Vesper implored.

Oh and that's why you wouldn't let me into that part of your mind?” I asked. “And what about the time when you let the sirens capture you?” I asked.

I was under their spell.” Vesper sobbed.

I paced back and forth.

You shot black fire when I was hurt.” Vesper whispered.

I stopped moving. I hadn't thought of that. Black fire was the signal for hatred and ultimate fury.

I'm sorry,” I said.

I should have payed attention.”

You have to watch yourself.” Vesper said.

I stared at the egg still fighting with myself.

Please do it.” Vesper begged me.

I was struggling with myself.

Who is more important?” I wondered to myself.

I struggled, tears streamed out.

She wants to die Boy, you better do it.” A voice said, inside my head.

What did the old dragon say to you?” I asked.

He was my father.” Vesper sniffed.

I couldn't believe this, how could Vesper hide so many things from me?

You know I saved your life millions of times.” I said.

Oh don't go there!” Vesper flamed.

Well, why not? I asked.

Was it because I, you were the one always getting hurt and I was the one to save you?” I stared at her half angry and half miserable.

What was I to you?” I asked.

Freedom.” Vesper said.

She stared at me.

Boy, I loved you, so much, I would have died for you just as many times as you have for me,” Vesper sobbed.

I was going to say something but then name came.

Epheroph.” I finally said.

Thank-you Pullus.” Vesper sighed contently.

It was over I had given it a name, now Vesper would die. Things were happening too fast! I couldn't wait till my son hatched. I hoped it wouldn't be soon because Vesper's age caught up with her. Her eyes were dim and she had gotten bigger. Vesper aged and I felt dread when the time drew near. On the day Epheroph hatched Vesper died. The last thing she said was,

I love you,”

I will be back.” Her eyes slowly closed.

If I could be in your mind I would have, every secret, every dread, every fear, you'd know, if I could...” Vesper whispered in my mind.

Then she was gone. Oh readers, how hard it was to watch her die. It really tore me apart to see her die, the greatest dragon I had ever met. I put her inside frozen rocks so that time could not avenge her. I was kind of glad I had those engraving tools. I still couldn't believe she was gone, but there she was, dead and gone. I was alone in the world with only a young dragon hatch-ling to take care of. The quietness was a pain besides Epheroph's current squeaks and other things that made me very alone.

Don't be sad, you did better than I could have.” The voice said.

I was very sad, with Vesper gone it was like something was gone. It was hard feeding Epheroph but finally it was time to go.

Where will you go Red?” I asked the red dragon.

Probably to Vin or to the puzzle piecer castle,” Red replied stretching.

You?”

I will probably go to the tents.” I said.

Do you know how to get there?” Red asked.

No,” I softly laughed.

But I'll try.”

I could take you there.” Red said.

Could you?” I asked.

Sure.” Red said.

I'll go when Epheroph is old enough.” I said.

I will wait till then.” Red said. Well Epheroph was a handful.

Hold still.” I whispered as I walked around.

Where are we?” Epheroph squeaked.

What is remaining of of my sister's castle.” I replied.

Your sister lived in that?” Epheroph asked.

Yup.” I said.

Not much.” Epheroph said.

She was quite much in fact,” I said.

She became greedy and she died for it.” I said.

So what happened?” Epheroph asked.

We killed her,” I said.

Vesper and I.”

Why did you kill her?” Epheroph asked.

Its a long story.” I replied.

Oh.” Eheroph said.

Well I really wanted to free her from her greed but she would never listen.” I said.

Oh.” Epheroph said.

Its not her fault.” I said.

I looked beyond my sisters castle and saw a larger castle still there.

I wonder if that king is still there?” I thought.

I approached the two doors and opened them. Epheroph was staring at the castle curiously.

Well look who's here!” A familiar voice said.

The king didn't look that much older to me but I could see that Epheroph didn't like him.

I was just seeing if you were back here.” I said.

Yes it is kind of lonely.” The king said.

I turned and all of the sudden there was two guards blocking my way.

She died didn't she?” The king asked.

I knew who he was talking about.

How long has it been?” He asked.

Too long.” I whispered.

And is that your son?” The king asked.

Yes.” I said turning slowly.

My mind was slowly coming back into gear. I realized that this king had a resemblance to Black-wing.

What do you want?” I asked.

I used your sister to gain power,” The king said.

And it would be a honor if I could have the same power back into existence.”

Run Epheroph.” I whispered.

My dragon jumped out of my arms and jumped through a window.

Well,” I said.

Your at a loss.”

No,” The king said.

You are.” There were sounds of swords unsheathing.

Oh yea?” I asked.

I was circled. All I did was stare. All of the sudden I released a fire shockwave. Knocking everything around.

Do not underestimate me.” I said.

The king wasn't knocked down.

I am the wizard.” He said.

I stared at him.

I wanted your dragon to live so I would gain.” He said.

So you got a castle and my sister?” I said.

You are smart.” The wizard said.

I have watched you from day one to now,” The wizard said.

It has been no surprise that you made it to dragon man but that won't be enough to stop me.”

He blasted a purple beam at me knocking me across the room. I blasted a flame back at him. He blocked it with a wave of his staff.

Think outside the box like you always do.” I thought.

I blasted him with a beam of fire. He shot his beam and we connected. I saw an orphanage and a graveyard. A Ferris wheel and a church. I then saw a young dragon who I assumed was Vesper. When the beam exploded he was the one to fall over.

I still have a few tricks with me.” I said.

Not enough.” The wizard laughed.

He blasted a bolt of energy at me. I whacked the bolt away and then shot my rainbow of fire. My son Epheroph had been watching from afar and what he saw was a dragon and a dark shadow. The wizard laughed.

Is that all you can do?”He asked.

I didn't even blink. The power inside of me had been locked away for so long. I unlocked my power and exploded a flame.

This is for my sister!” I shouted.

A green flame shot out.

This is for Ephoroph.” I said.

A blue flame shot out.

This is for me.” I shot a yellow flame at him.

And this, this is for Vesper.”

A purple flame shot out.

And this this is for you.” I shouted.

Blasting a beam of light. And his time the wizard didn't laugh in fact he screamed. The whole castle blew up. Epheroph watched from afar. I walked out of the castle chuckling.

The power of care never seems to fail eh Epheroph?” I asked.

You were like bang, and he was like ahh.” Epheroph squeaked.

Yes your daddy can get mean.” I said.

We returned to the cave. A green dragon was waiting. All my happiness drained out of me when I saw him. It was Vespers dad.

Hi.” I said stiffly.

You don't have to be mad at me Boy.” Grenifier said.

We have to pack up.” I said.

Okay dad.” Epheroph said.

Are you leaving because of me?” Grenifier asked.

NO!” I shouted.

You are angry.” He said.

I was infuriated. Everything seemed to go wrong.

I wrote a quotation on Vesper's grave stone.” The dragon said.

I collapsed into bed.

And she wanted to die.” I muttered.

Did you know that, that wishing power was a curse to her?” Grenifier asked.

No I didn't.” I replied.

She told someone of me, a black dragon, I had told her never to mention me but she trusted him.” Grenifier said.

So that's why.” I said.

Get some rest Pullus.” Grenifier said.

That night Pullus was a sleeping on a bed roll. In a funny way, the blanket was over his head so it looked like he was being attacked by a monster. His dragon saw it and thought that he was being attacked by a monster. He grabbed Pullus's coat and growled while ripping it apart. Pullus woke up and stared Epheroph.

"What did you do to my coat?" He asked.

"I thought it was a monster." Epheroph timidly said.

Pullus rolled his eyes.

"Great." He said.

But finally we left the cave. We passed by Vesper's grave it was crystal and had rocks all over in the shape of a dragon, and had a inscription. Epheroph tired to read it but discovered he couldn't. So he asked me to read it. “What does this say dad?” Epheroph asked me. I read the inscription on Vesper's grave.

I am not dead only resting till the author calls me back to the cabins of imagination, where friends will be waiting for me. Vesper queen of the evening star, Born unknown but died just when you were born Epheroph.” I read.

She knew me?” Epheroph asked me.

Of course,” I said.

She was your mother.” Epheroph nodded.

Epheroph was completely green and had sky-blue eyes. I walked towards a hill.

For now on my son you must call me Pullus.” I told Epheroph.

Yes dad.” Epheroph said respectfully.

We came to another hill. I smiled to myself.

We are going to Ismalt then to Vin.” I said to him.

Yes dad.” Epheroph said.

What happened to my real name?” I asked Epheroph.

Yes Pullus.” Epheroph smiled.

We might never return.” I said.

Yes Pullus.” Epheroph said.

I looked back I thought I saw Vesper's eye sparkle at me. I smiled to myself and looked forward to the new life ahead. I knew that I was going to miss the kindness and love of the dragon I missed terribly. We also had Grenifier with us.

Now being a dragon doesn't mean you have to fly around annoying people and stealing cows, sheep,goats, and just plain driving kings crazy,” He said.

But that's what we do for fun.”

is there a way to be a dragon without being one?” I asked.

Oh,” Grenifier sighed.

That is called human dragon.” He continued.

I will teach you while you travel you have already learned quite the basics of a dragon man.” He said.

I was a dragon once.” I said. Grenifier smiled.

That is one step further.” He said.

As we traveled down to a city called Vin, I couldn't help but wonder what lied ahead. And what happened in Vin? That is another story....for I must close this journal and continue my journey to Vin.

The end.



© 2016 Kornez


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

153 Views
Added on July 30, 2016
Last Updated on July 30, 2016
Tags: romance, dragons, powers, evil-sisters


Author

Kornez
Kornez

Greer, SC



About
Please read my stuff! One way Kornez is inspired to write is by the communication of others. So therefore he has decided to give you an idea of what he'd like to see when you review his stuff. .. more..

Writing