The Last Lighthouse

The Last Lighthouse

A Poem by Katarzyna Anna Koziorowska



I lost the last way to hell.
I found silence that would give me
a drop of mother's milk,
one forbidden tear.

I want heaven to fall on our hearts,
that innocence may become salvation
for those who deserve
to be united.

I sail away with the last wave,
the last lighthouse has gone out
on the thin horizon.
For thirty-one years I have been trying
to learn the human language,
but to no avail.

I grasp the lost glass ball of breath
in the shackles of my arms,
try to regret the sins
I have never committed.

The dead wind is trying to tame
my thoughts, love is speechless
at the sight of your heart.

Feathers of fallen archangels
tumble from heaven.

God said he was too old to guard his world.

© 2022 Katarzyna Anna Koziorowska


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Ah, but if the "Big Picture" is beyond our view, what we think we see may be just a speck on the horizon. --- This poem is full of emotion, some painted more strongly than it should be for my liking, but that is the writer's call, always. Other readers may love it. --- The visuals are well placed and easily seen. ---
To believe, or not, in God is a personal choice, and widely accepted by readers. But to quote God without chapter and verse is a "No-No" to many, so you might think twice about doing that. --- I liked the sailing and lighthouse theme, lots of visions there. --- Well done.

Posted 2 Years Ago


Personally, I don't believe in God, but I do see the point here and this is beautifully crafted. Lost on the way to hell and on your journey you find silence; you also speak of sins, not committed; angels have fallen and God has no more power to heal. the breath has been taken from you, as well as language; no path anywhere....
Best, B.

Posted 2 Years Ago


God gave Man a freewill and then watched to see what he would do.
Man did multudinous wonderful things, it's true.
But from the beginning, God came to know
Man's destiny would always be cast in shadow.
But like a candle in the window, God still waits...

Keep the faith, my friend.

Posted 2 Years Ago


I think God is still in charge and everything will be fine. His human animal creatures on the other hand are insane with greed; power hungry and wanting control of everything, even themselves. But they have no self-control, let alone being in charge of anything else. Most of them are so selfish they can't think about anything but themselves, like spoiled children, given the world and remaining ungrateful. They are disobedient and rebellious and wonder where their blessings are. They don't see that even earthly parents take away privileges when the children act out. Likewise, I believe God withholds His blessings when we don't follow His directives. It shouldn't take scripture and verse to make us want to love each other, care for the weak, the helpless, the poor and the suffering. But mankind is still being a snotty brat after murdering his brother like Cain and insolently asking, "Am I my brother's keeper?" I expect my child to behave, act courteously, say please and thank you and mind her manners both in public and at home. Why shouldn't God expect and require the same from the "grown-ups" of this world? But I completely trust in Him and I know everything is going to be just fine, no matter what, because whether I live or die, work or play, laugh or cry, whether I succeed or fail, so long as I keep trusting and trying, He will never forsake me or leave me alone. It's not solely the parent's responsibility to nourish a parent/child relationship though. It takes willingness on both parts. Some children aren't willing to even try. I think the Father spends more time on the ones willing to make an effort. I know I would. It's not that they're better or more deserving children; they make the same mistakes as the others. But they always return because they care. I care and I pray to God I never stop caring. Just my thoughts. Blessings of peace, kindness, love and light. F.

Posted 2 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

61 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 19, 2022
Last Updated on March 19, 2022
Tags: loneliness, life, soul, death, hope, light, emotions, love, fear, pain

Author

Katarzyna Anna Koziorowska
Katarzyna Anna Koziorowska

Olsztyn, Poland



About
Hello! My name is Katarzyna Anna Koziorowska, I live in Olsztyn (Poland). I am thirty-one years old. I am interested in music and literature. ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE! more..

Writing