Shorts

Shorts

A Story by Kq334

She stood on the ledge, wind flowing all around her. She was alone and the idea of that drilled deep into her heart, straight to the core of her being. Nothing could stop her from doing what she was fated to do. The sky was twinkling, millions of stars illuminated the depth of endless galaxy. Lights blasted from below her; cars bustled; buildings lived. As she saw this life, she looked into herself and set loose to live forever.


He stood in front of the mirror, helpless to his own thoughts. He was not alone and the shouting from outside of the locked door reminded him of it. But he felt exactly helpless, useless. He had no meaning. They wanted him to stop, to think over his decisions, to think what it would look like to others, but he didn’t care--he just wanted to be free from his body. He looked at the face in the mirror, the face he hated, and relaxed his mind. It wouldn’t matter what was on the outside when he was dead.


She sat in the corner of the dingy room, clutching her legs to her chest. So many times it had happened. She tried to block it out, to ignore it. She was broken. She wished for an end to the abuse. She felt vulnerable every breath she took in this house, every second she lived. Just make it stop, she thought over and over again, rocking to the rhythm of her own thoughts. She wished to be somewhere, anywhere, else in the world, anywhere but here. Moonlight from the window reflected off of her tears.

© 2016 Kq334


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

403 Views
Added on January 1, 2016
Last Updated on January 1, 2016

Author

Kq334
Kq334

Everett, WA



About
Writing for fun and feedback, please comment. more..

Writing
Happy Happy

A Poem by Kq334


Melanie Melanie

A Story by Kq334