Dry Space

Dry Space

A Story by Ksummera

You'll try and try to reach out to grasp onto something -anything - to pull yourself out, yet all you can find is dry space. How did it all go so wrong? There wasn't any specific point in time, no left turn when you should have turned right. There was this road  road your driving along and the sun had slowly faded away, the crickets began to rise in the early night and the fog rolled in. You kept driving because your headlights shined on the road ahead. So entrapped in the darkness you can only follow the yellow dashes laid before you. Over time the crickets began to fade into the distance and the mist rolled away leaving a light dew on the road. The sun returned  and you could finally see the landscape before you, you could finally tilt your head up, away from the blackness of the road. And when you do - you'll see that you've drove so far staring solely on the small area your headlights lite that you drove right into a desert of red sand. The dryness in the air unsettles you and your radio stopped somewhere along the way. You'll continue to drive because you don't know what to do - you can't find a way out. But your car will run out of gas, the AC will stop, and you'll be stuck in the deserted heat. As the sun bears down you'll reach out to grasp onto something - anything - to pull yourself out, yet all you can find is dry space. 

© 2018 Ksummera


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Let me know what you think of my writing and I'll be more than happy to review yours


Posted 5 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

86 Views
1 Review
Added on September 7, 2018
Last Updated on September 7, 2018

Author

Ksummera
Ksummera

Writing
Moon Moon

A Story by Ksummera


Solid Sea Solid Sea

A Poem by Ksummera