We Meet the Fox|Chapter One|The Fox is Stuck

We Meet the Fox|Chapter One|The Fox is Stuck

A Chapter by K. Takashita
"

The first chapter of The Fox is Stuck series. In this chapter we meet the main character, and learn about her past briefly.

"
A young girl walked home slowly, not paying attention to her surroundings. As always, no one accompanied her. Her house was pretty far away, but she opted out of the bus, as she was absolutely disgusted with humans. **Humans?!** You ask? Well, you see, she isn't human. Well, she is now, but she knows where she really belongs. Right now, this girl goes by Kuro, but her given name is Avelina. She lives in America, but has Japanese origins, hence the name. As Kuro walked home, a male voice entered her mind. **'Hey, walking home alone again? Isn't your life just miserable. And here I am, enjoying myself at home. How sad!'** Scoffing, Kuro stopped, and turned to face an invisible being. "Shut up you damned cat!" She said loudly, but not to loudly as to be heard by others. She looked irritably at the neko, but he didn't move an inch. This particular neko was named Taiki, and the home he is referring to is Illyth, the home of Nekos, Kitsuné, and others of the sort. 

I imagine you're wondering what Kuro is exctly. Kuro is the female version of Genkuro, a famous kitsuné. By female version, I mean there is both a male and female version. The male version, going by the same name, Genkuro is the drum player. He uses tsuzumi, his drum to seduce the fortune of rain, and make it rain. The female one, just called Kuro to save the confusion, is the hair cutter, and she loves cutting hair. When she would kill someone, either right before, or right after they die, she cuts off their hair, and burns it with her kitsunébi, or fox fires. This is a sign that you  are done for. Only one person had their hair cut off and survived...but we will speak of that later.
 You're probably wondering how she gets around without being noticed, considering she is a kitsuné and all. The thing is, she doesn't have to. Every couple hundred years, Kuro and Genkuro switch places, one taking their place where they last were as a kitsuné, and the other being reborn as various creatures on planet Earth. Just to clear things up, I should probably tell you that Illyth isn't a whole other planet, but just another reality. Despipte this, the layout of Illyth is far different than Earth's is. 

Kuro is about 324 years old, but the Kuro that is now on Earth, has no memories of being a kitsuné, or at least she didn't. She regained her memories when a kitsuné named Misuki came to her, and told her. Ever since, more and more creatures of Illyth have come to see her, and most likely harm her. She was pretty mean and violent in Illyth and Earth for a while. Near the end of her reign, she met an elven man, with whom she would soon fall in love with, named Faelvirn. After meeting him, she changed. Although she was still a kitsuné, she took the name Seraalwyn, and the stories of her terribleness, soon unknowingly became the stories of her unending love. I guess now, I should tell you what caused her reign of terror, and violentness to Illyth and Earth.


© 2016 K. Takashita


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like the way you break things down and integrate it into the story-line. Well done.

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

103 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on January 6, 2016
Last Updated on January 6, 2016