The Fox's Past|Chapter Two|The Fox is Stuck

The Fox's Past|Chapter Two|The Fox is Stuck

A Chapter by K. Takashita
"

In this chapter, we learn of Kuro's past.

"
It started when Kuro turned 100 years old. Se woke up in her den in her tribe, excited. She turned, and only gasped in horror. Why, the young kitsuné only had one tail! Kitsuné are born with one tail, then every hundred years on the day of their birth, they gain another tail. From this day on, she would have only one tail, for the rest of her life. For this, her tribe exiled her. She retaliated, and begun murdering her tribe. After the fact, a small journal written by Kuro herself was found in the ruins of the tribe. It reads:
 **I have just slaughtered them, the filthy idiots. How dare they insult me like that? Ha, well there is not much insulting they can do now...although, some still survived, as they had chased me out...I remember it clear as day. I was killing with not only my dagger, but also my fire. I had slaughtered most of them, when the sky turned reed as the gods painted it with their blood. I stopped, confused for a second, when they got me.They started scratching and bitting and hurting me, but not for long, as I soon had a chance to escape they clawed at my feet, chasing me, but as I ran, I looked over my shoulder, and saw the familiar outline of Hikari. I ran over to him, and began sobbing. I took him over to my oak tree, and the tribe left me alone, watching somberly. I placed him my oak tree, and now I watch close by as he is taken by the gods.** 
    After Hikari was taken, she went on the murder many,   not only in Illyth, but in Earth as well. Time in Illyth runs faster than in Earth, so her last murder was a fire in a clothing manufacturing building in New York. The cause of the fire is still unknown to humans, and probably always will be. As she returned to Illyth, she traveled for a while, and when she was in elven territory, she met Faelvirn. They lived together in a secluded cabin on the face of a mountain. Just before she had to join the human world, she conceived a baby girl.
    What Kuro looks like? Sure. As a kitsuné, she was tall, standing at about 5'8", and had long white hair that reached her ankles. Around her face on the left side was a single braid, and blended in nicely with the other hair. Her skin was pale, and her face was small. Her eyes were grey, like the sky before a light rain. Her tail and ears were the same color as her hair, but has light grey tips.
    As a human, she has black hair that reaches her tiny waist. She is 5'4", and is only 15 right now. Her skin is tanned, from her Japanese roots, but still has the face of a westerner. Her large eyes are sky blue, and sit nicely on her small face. Now, onto Kuro's quest to return to her true home!


© 2016 K. Takashita


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I had to Google kitsune and once I did I became very excited. Having spent hours watching foxes while hiking or hunting definitely makes you think the idea of a kitsune is, if not possible, at least romantic in the most wondrous of ways. That said I didnt really find anything in the story that doesn't feel forced. I feel like the idea for a wonderful character is there but at this point it's rough at best and very self indulgent at worst. It's one thing to write a story about you as the character. It's another to acknowledge it by using the characters name as your screen name. I would need a lot more depth and variation in vocabulary before I could look past that it feels like Japanese fan fiction. That said their are A LOT of people who LOVE fan fiction so perhaps I'm just not your audience. I hope I haven't been to harsh and I definitely think you are onto something.

Posted 8 Years Ago


K. Takashita

8 Years Ago

Yes, about the screen name, I noticed that after the fact. I use that name quite a bit, and didn't e.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

84 Views
1 Review
Added on January 6, 2016
Last Updated on January 6, 2016