Backstory

Backstory

A Chapter by Kuro Hino

Let me start from the beginning. I wasn’t always known as Satan or the Devil. I can’t remember my real name so I can’t tell you my real name even if I wanted. Some mere humans perceive me as this horrible cross dress with no sense of fashion and cover with red paint. They also think I have hooves as feet and giant horns. At least they aren’t wrong about the horns even though they really aren’t huge. I’m getting off point here. When I died, and came to Hell, I went through the gates and there awaited my loyal servant. I won’t introduce him just yet. This is still about me. My loyal servant took me to where the old Satan was.

“Child, you finally made it,” he gasped as if he was fighting hard for air. Satan stood from his throne and approached me. He placed his hand on my shoulders and gave this creepy smile.

“Umm excuse me sir but why are you touching me?” I asked staring at his empty eye sockets. For some reason, this old looking man didn’t terrify me. I sense I was in no danger and like I knew this man my whole life.

“Well child. Do you know why you are here?” I shook my head no.

“I guess I should explain. You were chosen to be the next Satan. As you can see, I only have a little time left before I am truly dead. You see when we die we get our roles in the afterlife. Those who died with pure in their hearts went to God and those who came with hatred in their hearts come to me. As you can see, there is no people burning from the ‘flames of hell’ like some religions have generated to scare people. There are a lot of misconceptions out there humans will just believe whatever they want. I try to explain to God but he just won’t listen to me,” Satan sigh.

“So, you’re telling me I’m in Hell?” I asked

“That’s correct,” he answered.

“Man, look at the time. I’m sorry but it’s really late and I have to get home,” I turn around and began running to the gate. I didn’t make it in time, and the gates closed. Before I could try to climb over them, I didn’t feel the ground underneath me anymore, and I also was looking upside down. My loyal servant threw me over his shoulders and I try kicking him away from me. Nope that didn’t work. Exhausting all my options I just gave up, and went limp, hoping my dead weight would be too much for him.

“Now that you are done acting like a child. How about you show my master some damn respect you brat,” he grunted.

“How about you leave me alone and let me go. I won’t be your problem and I can go home. We can act like this never happened,” I suggested.

“You fool. You are dead. Gone. You have no one waiting for you. Don’t you remember. You died because you were in the wrong place at the wrong time. You say you want to go home to what exactly? A 9 to 5 job you hate. A hopeless relationship and by the way he moved on already. And Cookie, your dog, died already. You have no one, “he said.

I knew all everything he was saying was the truth, but it still hurt. Tears begin pouring down my face because it hurt so much.  Even if I did go home, no one will be there. I was a sad and hopeless woman.

“Zesbas! How dare you make a lady cry. I’ve taught you better than that,” Satan came swinging his cane around and hitting Zesbas.

“My Lord. She was escaping, and I had to get her under control,” Zesbas explained.

“Zesbas. My boy. She is scared and confused. She isn’t so different from how you were when you first got here. We have to be patient. Now let her go,” Satan order. Zesbas put me down and I fixed my blouse and tried getting myself together.

“I’m sorry,” Zesbas handed me a cloth.

“It’s okay. What you said was true. I have no one. So, if I wanted to go home I couldn’t because well I’m also dead so that could be the main reason and there is no one waiting for me,” I sniffled.

“That’s okay because now you are about to be the next Satan and you will have me and Zesbas with you,” Satan patted my head.

This was about a thousand years ago. This was also the last time I spoke to Satan because the next day he wouldn’t wake up and Zesbas just knew he was gone. We held some kind of ceremony where we burned his body into ashes. Zesbas decided to let me choose what to do with his ashes. I decided to put him in a ring and just wear it. He treated me so kindly and he was the closest thing to a father figure I had. After Satan’s death, Zebas taught me everything ranging from magic to how things run in hell. No one ever knows when Satan dies because it’s like nothing will change. Hell will continue like it always had well that was the hope until God decided to start war.

 

 



© 2017 Kuro Hino


Author's Note

Kuro Hino
Thank you for reading.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

75 Views
1 Review
Added on August 7, 2017
Last Updated on August 7, 2017