Chapter One

Chapter One

A Chapter by Kuro Hino

 

“Satan angels broke open the gate and are entering as we speak,” a demon soldier panic.

“You idiot! How could you let God’s soldiers find our master? Go now and make sure you protect our master with your life,” Zesbas order them.

“Yes sir,” they rushed outside to their deaths.

“Zebby, out of the one thousand years I’ve been ruler this has never happened. What should we do?” I ask nervously. I touch my ring remembering how this place was before I came along, and 0I feel like I’ve failed him.

“We must get you out of here. Now come along. The elders open the portal so you can escape to the human world. There is no time to argue,” Zesbas grab my arm and drag me down the stairs into the basement where the elders were chanting.

“Madame Satan and Sir Zesbas you must go now. We can feel God’s soldiers coming. Please go. We might not be able to survive but there will always be more of us but if you die Madame Satan before we find someone to replace you Hell will be destroyed permanently and souls will get lost in the darkness. GO NOW!” the head elder demand.

“Hold on,” Zesbas said. He grabs me by my hips and pulls me closer, and we jump into the portal. I notice that it closed behind us, and I silently thanked them for their sacrifice. It burns. My whole body feels like it’s on fire. It hurts. I never felt pain like this before. Not even when I got to Hell. I closed my eyes hoping this pain will soon go away. Soon enough I see the blue sky and air rushed in my lungs as we were falling. Zesbas turn us around so he could take the most impact when we fell. We hit the ground.

“Zebby! Are you okay? Oh, my god please wake up,” I slap his face but he was still unconscious. “Please wake up. You are all I have left. I lost old man Satan and Hell. I can’t lose you as well,” at this point I was sobbing my eyes out.

“Please don’t mention God right now. All I want to do is unspeakable things for what he has done to our home. I’m alright Master. Please stop crying,” Zesbas rub my head.

“I’m so glad you are okay,” I wrap my arms around him and gave him a huge hug.

“We must go now Master. We can’t afford to stay here. I’m okay. This wouldn’t kill me anyways. I’m a demon and also the servant to you My lady,” Zesbas said.

“We should figure out where we are. Let see there is someone over there. Hey,” I ran over to this couple of girls.

“Who are you?” the woman asks.

“Umm my name. Well it’s Satan and this is my brother Zesbas,” I said.

“Satan? Is that a nickname or something? No one would name their child that,” the girls laugh.

“Why you dare disrespect my master? You puny humans have no respect to Satan herself who runs Hell all by herself. I should…” I covered his mouth and apologize.

“He has some serious issues but yea it’s a nickname. Anyway, could you please tell us where we are?” I ask nicely.

“You’re in Hollowmere. Though from looking at you, you don’t look like you are from here. Where are you from?” a girl ask.

“You guys wouldn’t know it. It’s almost like Hell. But thank you for the help,” I laugh and drag Zesbas along.

“Master, how can you let mere humans disrespect you?” he asks.

“Because I was once human and if we told them the truth then more than likely we would get cops called on us. They already thought we were suspicious so I wanted to get out there as soon as possible. However, I’ve never heard of this Hallowmere but whatever. We need to go get IDs and then find a place to live,” I said.

We ask for directions for the place we would need to go to get an ID. It wasn’t far so we decided to walk to the building. Once inside, we pulled a number and waited. It felt like years before our number was finally called.

“Hello My name is Samantha. How may help you?” this perky blonde asks.

“Hello Samantha. We both need to get IDs done in order to get a place to live so if you don’t mind helping us out,” I smile.

“No problem we need birth certificates and your socials and we can get this,” She said.

“That’s a problem. We lost all our information in a fire and we can’t provide that to you,” I said.

“I’m sorry but we really need that information before we can begin and if you do not have that information I cannot proceed,” she apologizes.

“You know what. You will give us our IDs without a problem. Isn’t that right Samantha?” I cast a hypnotizing spell on her. When I cast my spell my eyes start to glow for a minute and then they would go back to their original red color that they are.

“Yes ma’am. What is your name?”

After we finished getting our IDs. We went to a relator’s office. From what I remember, I think they are the ones that help looking for a place to live. When I was alive all of this was so much simpler. In a thousand years, so much as changed. But I guess in a way so have I. We walked into the office and was directed to a man in his office.

“Mr.H, this nice couple need to speak with you,” she said before leaving.

“Welcome come in. What can I do for you?” Mr.H asks.

“We need a place to live. I would like to see what you have please,” I ask.

“Well what are you looking for ma’am?”

“I’m looking for something small. We don’t have much money and we just moved here so we need to find a job,” I said.

“I have a place in mind. Follow me. I’m going to take you to these apartments and the landlady told me to keep an eye out on foreigners like yourself. Your accent doesn’t sound like anywhere I know. Where are you from?” He asks.

“You wouldn’t know. It’s almost like Hell. If we can go as soon as possible to this apartment, I would appreciate that,” I’m hinting at this man hoping he would find the clue.

The apartments weren’t far from the relator’s office. On the outside, it looks like normal apartments and also the inside wasn’t that bad. It was only one big room with just one bathroom. It is so tiny, but it is also temporary until we can go back home.

“We will take it,” I told the land lady. We signed off on the deal and was able to move in today.  I mean we didn’t have cash except the money I took from the girls earlier.

After everything was said and done, I laid on the floor. I was exhausted because I wasn’t use to this human body. I sent Zesbas to do some shopping for food and cloths so we can find jobs tomorrow. Hopefully he doesn’t screw up. In Hell, he was able to run my errands so this shouldn’t be that different. Plus, its literally down the street. I closed my eyes and felt the coldness of the floor on my face. It was relaxing and quiet until I saw God’s soldiers kill my men. They murdered them in cold blood and now not only will I kill every single one of his angels. I will also kill God and destroy Heaven just like he did with Hell. I heard the door open and open my eyes. What I saw was a huge blanket with bears on it.

“Zebby. What the hell did you buy?” I was afraid of the answer.

“Well I didn’t want you to catch a cold so I bought blankets for us to sleep on the floor along with shower items and some clothes My lady,” Zesbas said.

“Did you buy any food?” I ask.

“Yes, there was a sale going on and the farmer practically gave me a whole lot of fruit and vegetables. I also was able to talk down a woman on her price for pans and pots. There’s this thing called a flea market and they sale a lot of what looks like junk however if you look close enough you’ll find something useful,” Zesbas had a shine in his eye.

“Let’s go ahead and set up our temporary home for the mean time.”



© 2017 Kuro Hino


Author's Note

Kuro Hino
Yet again. Thank you for reading and please comment.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

72 Views
Added on August 7, 2017
Last Updated on August 7, 2017


Author

Kuro Hino
Kuro Hino

Writing
Backstory Backstory

A Chapter by Kuro Hino