Trapped

Trapped

A Poem by LeDiisco

I feel trapped.
Not in a cage, my emotions are my shackles.
I cannot move on mentally from my feelings.
I want to be happy…
    ‘NO! You don’t deserve that.’
But.. why?

I am stuck in this limbo where I don’t know what to do.
Waiting at the fork in the road… so I set up camp because decisions are too much for me right now.
Roasting my dignity on an open fire.
Drinking a cold glass of self hatred.
Don’t forget regret stuffed pie for dessert.
Wrapped in a warm blanket of self denial.

I am stuck. Trapped.

The negativity of others around me creates the illusion of darkness.
The sun is setting.
Getting darker.
My camp fire is the only light until the next sunrise.

And I am left wondering if I have enough kindling to keep it burning before I drown in the night.

© 2019 LeDiisco


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I'm sure many of us feel this way sometimes...I certainly do! I know I have a lot of potential, but I barely have the motivation to use any of it to push me in the right direction. My emotions have been all over the place this past week or so and it's been tough to keep anything straight. Just take life one day at a time and don't get too flustered by unnecessary things. Do what makes you happy, do what helps you relax and it'll eventually guide you to where you want to be. If ever you need someone to talk to or just need a friend, feel free to message me anytime!

Posted 5 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

172 Views
1 Review
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on January 17, 2019
Last Updated on January 17, 2019

Author

LeDiisco
LeDiisco

NY



About
Hey. My name is C. Lee. Im 26 and im not much of a writer.... but I love to write, so I do. I try to stick to things I have gone through, but sometimes I just write about things that I hear about. more..

Writing