Insomnia

Insomnia

A Poem by LeDiisco
"

This is what I do when I cannot sleep.

"

One.

Two.

Three.

Four.

Five.

I wish I felt more alive.

I have counted the sheep.

I know all hundred and five by name.

Thinking of the things I have done today.

The good, the amazing and the little bit of shame.

Can't get to bed. I close my eyes.

I just see black and all my lies. 

Toss.

Turn.

Toss. 

Sigh.

Can't fall under. Don't know why.

I thought of you. The mistake I made.

Wishing that my memory would slowly fade.

I thought of my family. The things they said.

I can't get their voices out of my head.

I thought of my life. I thought of it all. 

I really wish reality would fall.

Instead I am here looking up at the 54 tiles, 

Sorting my life into little neat files.

Don't want this feeling as mine to keep.

Insomnia, the worst fate for not falling asleep.

© 2011 LeDiisco


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

"[ ]...looking up at the 54 tiles"

Perfect way to add tension without totally spelling it out for us. I especially enjoyed that little detail. My mind raced as I read this poem. Frantic thoughts exploding all over the place like fireworks. Peace could not survive here. There just didnt seem to be enough hours in the day to tackle everything you needed to. It was almost as if you were packed in your bed like a sardine... surrounded by everything that invaded it.

Posted 12 Years Ago


i suffer from insomnia,so i can identify with this poem!
cool piece!

Posted 12 Years Ago


superb and very enjoyable :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


fantastic write.. so curiously creative and with a theme that I can most definitely understand.. having worked graveyard for years, I can certainly understand the notion of insomnia.. it can be quite troubling, particularly if your mind is filled with thinking and it prevents sleeping from occurring.. great expression of this dilemma.. kudos..


'Toss.
Turn.
Toss.
Sigh.'

I can totally relate to that..


Posted 12 Years Ago


:D Terrific! I completely understand, especially the lines,
"Thinking of the things I have done today.
The good, the amazing and the little bit of shame."
"Can't fall under. Don't know why.
I thought of you. The mistake I made.
Wishing that my memory would slowly fade."
I too have been haunted by memories and when it's painted so vividly behind your eyes, you feel as though you can't escape. Excellent write! :D Great job!

Posted 12 Years Ago


I really enjoy the relation i have to this poem and besides that it was very well written in general. Also i like how it kind of changes focus from trying to fall asleep to thinking about the things that keep you from it

Posted 12 Years Ago


The rhyme and rhythm shows the restlessness your bones feel, irritated and gnarled with guilt your words are suspended in the minds eye that won't let you rest your weary eyes, trying to define the reasons why the leaden weight of your tired bones won't sink into the depths of sleep, why no rest will meet you this night and there are emotions born from the turmoil of despair as you desperately search for another symptom another diagnosis otherwise their hushed whispers will be true and will take over all that you do.

Posted 12 Years Ago


This was extremely clever. The cascading words make the counting seem drawn out, which was very nice. I have (undiagnosed) insomnia, so, I just had to read. Bravo.

Posted 12 Years Ago


"Instead I am here looking up at the 54 tiles,
Sorting my life into little neat files"

Wicked ! I really dig your style, this flowed extremely well. You created a very timely piece. Well played !

Posted 12 Years Ago


I know this feeling too well. Enjoyed the read.
Cheers!
R.G.

Posted 12 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

494 Views
15 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on May 17, 2011
Last Updated on May 17, 2011

Author

LeDiisco
LeDiisco

NY



About
Hey. My name is C. Lee. Im 26 and im not much of a writer.... but I love to write, so I do. I try to stick to things I have gone through, but sometimes I just write about things that I hear about. more..

Writing
Trapped Trapped

A Poem by LeDiisco



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Saxicolous Saxicolous

A Poem by OT


Unimmortal Unimmortal

A Poem by OT


Her Her

A Poem by OT