I Swing Alone

I Swing Alone

A Poem by LeDiisco
"

I wrote this today while I was on a swing and just wrote what came to mind.

"

Sitting alone on a swing. 


The only thing that could make this peaceful moment better would be to share it with someone. 

To have someone I love to occupy the swing right next to me. 


The sun is shining and the birds are chirping. 

Trees and grass greener then the other side. This is the side I want to be on. 


Red hair glistening in the sunlight.


There is a plane flying above. 


Dozens of people right over me headed to a single destination as I sit here and swing. 


The world feels as if it has stopped and I am alone. Then the occasional car passes and I remember that there are billions of things happening that I have no control over. 


The woods look adventurous in front of me. Maybe if I ran away and got lost in them….. I would find a secret hidden world. With the river running through it, I would always be able to find my way just by following along. I could live with the animals and we could protect each other. The modern day Jane without her Tarzan. 


I'm not afraid to get my toes dirty. I'll stick them deeper into the wet mushy dirt just to prove it.


Parts of the woods are dark while others are lit up by the setting sun. I would lay in the empty field where the sun shines and let the heat surround me and warm my skin. 


Too many times I stay indoors and forget the small pleasures of watching the bunnies and squirrels passing by, the wind blowing across my face and sitting peacefully without a care. 


More often I believe that if more people took an hour to just appreciate the small beauties of the world, they would calm their stressed nerves and relax, just as mother nature does after a storm. 


Sometimes the skies are grey, often clouded, but no matter how the clouds and pollution try to cover the sun, it always finds its way to shine through again. It never decides to go away, rather it fights to be seen.


The swing next to me still only swings by itself when the wind blows hard enough, but rather than it being empty, its simply occupied by empty space waiting for the right presence to overtake it. 


All of my troubles seem so far from yesterday. Instead of thinking of then, I'll eagerly await tomorrow, until tomorrow becomes yesterday as well. 


I may swing alone today…. But I may not tomorrow. I wont know till it comes.

© 2012 LeDiisco


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I really enjoyed your use of descriptive language and your overall use of setting. The poem itself spoke about so many things that were not specifically mentioned, and your use of relaxed metaphor is beautiful. Overall, really great job.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Beautiful poem! :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


Simply a lovely read! I enjoyed this very much, as it was very introspective and beautifully written.

Posted 11 Years Ago


I really love this! It has such a great tone and vibe to it :) It has such a spectacular ending:
"All of my troubles seem so far from yesterday. Instead of thinking of then, I'll eagerly await tomorrow, until tomorrow becomes yesterday as well.

I may swing alone today…. But I may not tomorrow. I wont know till it comes."

I really like this, you have a unique writing style, keep writing :D



Posted 11 Years Ago


This was a pleasant read. A little sad but well done.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Lovely and beautiful. Great imagery. I can relate to your work so much.

Posted 11 Years Ago


I love this poem. It's very peaceful and calm, and also spur of the moment. It's not well organized, but that's what I love about it. It's the type of thing that you write without thinking, just in the moment. I enjoyed it very much(:

Posted 11 Years Ago


"Too many times I stay indoors and forget the small pleasures of watching the bunnies and squirrels passing by, the wind blowing across my face and sitting peacefully without a care." I can relate to this line, in fact, this entire wonderful piece so well. Superb. :)

"All of my troubles seem so far from yesterday. Instead of thinking of then, I'll eagerly await tomorrow, until tomorrow becomes yesterday as well. I may swing alone today…. But I may not tomorrow. I wont know till it comes."

wonderful write... :))



Posted 11 Years Ago


I don't think you will be swinging alone for long. I enjoyed your flow of thought.

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

787 Views
10 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on June 1, 2012
Last Updated on June 1, 2012

Author

LeDiisco
LeDiisco

NY



About
Hey. My name is C. Lee. Im 26 and im not much of a writer.... but I love to write, so I do. I try to stick to things I have gone through, but sometimes I just write about things that I hear about. more..

Writing
Trapped Trapped

A Poem by LeDiisco



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Prostitution Prostitution

A Story by BillyGirl