Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by Hakeem Gibbs

Captain Johnson threw open the door to the lounge and shouted at all of us to get in his office. As we walked down the halls everyone stared at us silently. Most of their faces had concern except for Luis’s face. He was overjoyed. The Captain walked into his office and we went in behind him. He slammed the door shut and started shouting at the top of his lungs:

“Listen! I don’t have time for you to beg me to put you back on this mission! All I want to know is your connection to all of this. This isn’t just a problem in primary academy anymore, but in all of the academies including this secondary academy.”

“I can understand it from these first years but you should know better. Lying to super officers and almost losing not one, but two teams. What were you thinking? No wait, I could care less what you were thinking, but I want to know what your motive is. Why all the lying and risking expulsion? Do I need to remind you that if your expelled your family becomes blacklisted?” He said angrily to Molly.

He glared at us for a while and after it seemed that he had calmed down some he said in a more controlled voice:

“Start from the beginning, all of you, and leave no details out.”

Thank god he was finally done screaming at us. I wasn’t sure how long he was going to keep going, I've seen some of our instructors get mad at us before but this was a whole new level.

            “Well you see sir…” Kelly started to say

“If you really want to know what happened I’ll tell you.” Jake cut in. “It all started one hot summer day when we decided we wanted some ice cream.”

“I don’t know what kind of stunt your trying to pull Morgan but I don’t find it funny.”

“I'm not joking sir, I wasn’t aware this was the time for jokes.” Jake said with a serious face.

All of us tried our best not to laugh as the Captains face turned purple with rage.

            “If I may continue on sir?” Jake asked with a tone of innocence.

            “Continue.” the Captain said with a sigh.

            “Like I was saying it all started one hot summer day when we wanted some ice cream…


© 2012 Hakeem Gibbs


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

109 Views
Added on October 18, 2012
Last Updated on October 18, 2012


Author

Hakeem Gibbs
Hakeem Gibbs

Orlando, FL



Writing
Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Hakeem Gibbs


Think Think

A Book by Hakeem Gibbs