Chapter Two: Plight

Chapter Two: Plight

A Chapter by Almea
"

What is even going on?

"

Approaching the tiny pastry shop, he saw the sign said closed. He couldn’t open the locked doors, so he broke the glass and crawled in. Her mechanical arm army quickly came out from the ceiling, but then recognized the intruder as Ritz. Confused, they stayed in place. Ritz, not wanting to really trigger them with movement, he called out her name. No response. He then shoved them out of the way and mumbled a few curses.

“Where the hell could she be?” He kept his hand on his cell in case he would have to call 911, but when he made it to the kitchen, he found her asleep on the floor. “D****t...” He mumbled. “What do I do? She’s too tired to help, obviously. I can’t trust Keg in this situation. He doesn’t create bodies, he erases them!” He groaned, but his slight soliloquy caused the woman to wake up.

“Hmmm? Ritz, what are you doing...?” She yawned, stretched, and then stood up. “How did you get in?”

“I broke the door.”

“They didn’t shoot you?” Ritz shook his head.

“No. Not sure why, but they didn’t. Anyways, I need your help.”
“I’d hope so. I’d be a little pissed if you broke my door and woke me up to say ‘Hello.’”
“I can imagine.” He rolled his eyes, trying to speed up the conversation.

“Right, so what’s up?”

“It’s Tick,” Ritz started. Continuing, he told her about the kidnapping, the reason, and the disguised culprit. “Now, we’re supposed to bring about £100,000 to this Warehouse a little far from here. Apparently, Tick recently hacked this person’s bank account. He was never good at hacking though. He must of had some help.” He looked to a distraught faced Tiny. “Oh, no. Don’t tell me.” She nodded

“S-Sorry. I didn’t think she’d go this far for money.”

“She’s a human being, Lil’ Miss Tiny. They do anything for money.”

“But, she was different.”
“How would ya know? Did you take a long walk on the beach with the woman and make love in the sand?”

“Well, yes, but that’s not the point. The point is-” She was interrupted by Ritz.
“Wait a second. You know her?”
“She’s my ex, but that’s in the past. We had culinary differences, so I decided to part ways.”

“What do ya mean by ‘culinary differences?’”

“Hopefully you’ll find out before it’s too late. But, that aside, we need to go save them! Come on!” She took Ritz hand and rushed out of her pastry shop. “And, why didn’t you just call me?”
“I did! You didn’t answer!”

“You should have called before I fell asleep!” They continued running until they reached her motorcycle. “And, here!” She put a helmet on his head.

“I don’t know your damn sleeping schedule!” He buckled it.

“Well, I fell asleep on accident. I was sitting on the cold floor, waiting for your call.” She got on the bike and he followed.

“You were...” He paused for a moment. “...waiting?” She nodded, starting the bike up.

“Yeah! I was hoping you’d call today! I wanted to do something with you tonight. This isn’t what I had in mind, but that’s fine.” Leaving the pastry shop, there was dead silence except for the sound of the bike’s motor.

Not too much later, they arrived at a large and dull looking warehouse. Parking the bike, the threw their helmets to the side and went into it. Tiny groaned and stepped inside of the warehouse, unknowingly, clinging to Ritz arm in fear. He knew though.

As soon as a foot landed, a cling and a crack was heard. The inspected closer and the whole main room’s floor was a blanket of broken glass.

“W-Well, this wasn’t planned.” She said staring down to her pumps. “Did she know I was coming? She knows I have this fear of getting glass in my skin.”

“Not as far as I know, but it’s quite possible.” Ritz smiled at her. “We gotta do this for Tick and his family though.” Tiny nodded.

“This honestly wasn’t what I had planned to do today.” Ritz nodded in agreement as they began to trek across the glass field. As expected, little yelps in fear came from Tiny as she almost tripped here and there. Walking through broken glass in pumps wasn’t the easiest task.

“You okay?” Ritz asked with concern in his voice. He made it to the next door and held his hand out for her. After taking her hand, he opened the door and leaped inside with breath of relief.


The door slammed behind the two and loud carnival like music began to play. The music was joined by furious coughing of couple. They passed out on the floor and woke up almost world’s apart. The music was different as either awoke. Darkness had left both of them, but they were missing each other.

Tiny opened her eyes to lonely smoke flooding a room filled with strobe lights. Luckily, she didn’t have epilepsy. She was fine, but scared and lost. Her eyes curiously scurried around the room, but didn’t help much because of the smoke. Step by step, she moved through the crowd, hoping to find her other half. Without Ritz, she realized something that really hadn’t struck her before. She was very worried for him. The thought of losing him was almost unbearable. Especially in a situation like this.
“Ritz!” She called out his name. The lights started to move around more rapidly and the music abruptly stopped, starting a new tune. “R-Ritz! Where are you?-!” She called out again. She was frightened. A wayward rhyme started, more voices being added by each line.

“Many years I’ve spent here
Locked up in the dark

I’m afraid of the lights

And she has left her

Marking years I’ve been here

Too long for me it seems

If I’m hear much longer

I think I might just

Screaming is an outrage

It makes my ears just bleed

I can’t hear what I’m saying

For I’m talking with such

Speedy little rats

They run upon the floor

Your dear friend is still shaking

He’s right there by the
Door is halfway open

And you can see the light

Go and get your boyfriend

And meet your final

P L I G H T

Plight

Plight

Plight”

Taking the word of the ominous voice, Tiny ran towards the sliver of light, seeing Ritz’s spasmodic shadow on the ground. The strobe lights got to him. Tiny quickly opened the door fully so he wouldn’t bash any of his limbs against it. She checked to see he was breathing. Thank God he was. Knowing she had to cushion his head, she did everything she could, but ended up sitting and placing his head on her lap. The strobe lights all exploded. After a minute, he stopped and Tiny could breathe again. Ritz closed his eyes for a moment and opened them up, looking up to her. A smile was what he gave to her as a gift of thanks. And, that was all she wanted.


© 2013 Almea


Author's Note

Almea
There is a touch of horror?? Or just creepiness.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

151 Views
Added on August 23, 2013
Last Updated on August 23, 2013
Tags: horror, just a touch, lyrics, comedy


Author

Almea
Almea

Franklintown, PA



About
Hi! I'm Almea~! I'm 15. I really like reading and writing! I hardly ever finish writing anything because I can never find a reason why, but if i had some encouragement, then maybe I will! I try to.. more..

Writing
Prologue?? Prologue??

A Chapter by Almea