impassive

impassive

A Poem by Closet Writer
"

seeing past what it is we want to settle and grow to love

"
A wounded heart is that of a tormented soul. Who cries at night, still seeking, still alone.
A wilted flower poisoned by life, polluted by those who care not.

Desperate hands need to be held, shaken bodies stilled.
When the hour glass runs out when will it be clear

Those alone stand in fear, when tears fall its water pierces the ground.
Still as the night you hear the loud screams of those who set out to mend broken dreams.

The man who is poor, the woman who is rich, still stand around trying to fix their itch.
He is to hungry and she is to alone neither will pass one another alone.

For he has the love she wish, and she has the green he'd cherish.
IF only for a moment they would stop to see would they not parish.

completing the cycle as it may. The hollow heart may lay.
For finding you half of yen and yang could be a small as materials put away.

status not find what was once held, in the eyes of someone who sees you as more.
perhaps the true meaning is clear, for one shall love the other who completes them.

if only the eyes would open so they could be seen. 
Changes made could oh so be keen. 

For man and woman alike
look past what they have and shine love bright!

© 2015 Closet Writer


Author's Note

Closet Writer
abstract, not meant to rhyme, more than anything something new I was trying. Let me know thoughts, critical reviews welcome and wanted.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Interesting. I liked the way you broke your lines and the way you arranged the words to make them rhyme. Good job

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

210 Views
1 Review
Added on January 17, 2015
Last Updated on January 17, 2015
Tags: open

Author

Closet Writer
Closet Writer

Lompoc, CA



About
I am Victoria! I am 22 years young! I have been writing since I could remember! I am married with one son! My other babies consist of two rather rambunctious dogs! I am a college student, and my .. more..

Writing