The Lost Love of Cadet Karissa Elizabeth Ann Lowell

The Lost Love of Cadet Karissa Elizabeth Ann Lowell

A Chapter by Lady_Wicca65
"

Cadet Karissa Lowell has a broken heart when she arrives on Star Base 12 that no one knows about until she shares with everyone that her fiance Roy L Mock passed away from cancer.

"
When Cadet Karissa Elizabeth Ann Lowell arrived on Star Base 12. 
She didn't bring much with her accept her clothes and some  personal things such as pictures of her family and one picture was a picture of her beloved late fiance Roy L. Mock that passed away of prostate cancer and her at a formal dance.
Cadet Karissa Lowell was engaged once to Roy L Mock but he was diagnosed with prostate cancer and the doctors were able to get it into remission,however; the cancer returned and the oncologist wasn't able to get back into remission.
The oncologist tried radiation and chemotherapy but it failed and the Oncologist told Roy and Karissa together that Roy may only have 6 months to live, but at the end Roy died in Karissa's arms making her promise not to cry.
Roy passed away in Karissa's arms and Karissa laid in his bed in the hospital and she ran toward the chapel and begged  Odin and Freda to take her but they didn't.
Karissa had Roy cremated like her wanted and she scattered  his ashes around his late grandmother grave.
It was the hardest thing she ever had to do and then a few weeks with two suitcases she boarded the U.S.S. Republic for Star Base 12.
The journey was five months long with 499 other young people that hadn't been affected by the radiation caused by the nuclear war and Roy and her had planned to marry and have a family.
They planned to name their first daughter, Elizabeth Victoria Ann Beltane and now it seemed like all dreams had gone up in smoke.
Karissa set her mind on becoming a Pediatrician, so she could work with children.
Karissa had decided that one way or the other she would have a daughter that she could name Elizabeth Victoria Ann Beltane but she had to find the right man that didn't want to marry.
Karissa never considered either Lt Kevin Riley or Lt. Commander David Beck as she didn't want to become a stuffy runny nose aristocrat.
Where was the man that not an aristocrat or connected with Star Fleet Academy?" Karissa wondered.
Karissa never considered Lord Andrew Charles Howard; however, Lord Andrew Charles Howard need to provide a child to clinch the title of the Duke of Norfolk Territory.
Lord Charles Andrew Howard SR made the succession after his son a challenge to all of his grandsons and he stated in his Last Will and Testament that the first grandson that provided a great grandchild would inherit the title of Duke of Norfolk Territory and he didn't care what the gender of the great grand child was.
Lord Andrew Charles Howard was ambitious young man and he set out to find out what Cadet Karissa Lowell wanted, but he would never find out until later about Cadet Karissa's loss of her beloved Roy L Mock.
When Karissa was out walking on Madame's property Lord Andrew Charles rode up in his carriage and got out and he walked towards Karissa.
"I didn't see you on top of the hill today, so I traveled out to see you Mademoiselle Karissa." Lord Andrew Charles tells her.
"I decided to stay at Madame's today. I usually go  out into the garden and enjoy it." Karissa explains.
"I have missed you." Lord Andrew Charles tells her "Have you missed me?"
"I hardly know you to miss you Lord Andrew Charles Howard." Karissa tells him.
"I want to get to know you. You are the young woman I have been waiting for to come to Norfolk Territory and Star Base 12." Lord Andrew Charles tells her.
"Lord Andrew Charles Howard. I am not an aristocrat nor do I want to become one." Karissa explains.
" I am in love with you Karissa." Lord Andrew Charles exclaims.
"How can you love someone  that you don't even know." Karissa asks.
"I have been waiting for you all of my life  Karissa. I have dated many aristocrat young women but they can't and don't compare with you. " Lord Andrew tells her.
"I want to court you with the intention of marrying you if you will only give me the chance." Lord Andrew Charles asks.
"Lord Andrew Charles Howard. You don't know me and you don't know what I have gone through and I don't want to share it right now." Karissa tells him.
"Lord Andrew Charles. I came to Star Base 12 to study at Star Fleet Academy. I received a full scholarship." Karissa exclaims.
"I am student at star Fleet too. I am study engineering. I am a sophomore and this is my second year Karissa. I am a Lt in  Star Fleet Academy." Lord Andrew Charles tells her, "My father was against it, but I told him I wanted to be a self made man with a degree and I want to study architect so I can build a brand new manor." Lord Andrew tells her.
"When my first cousin once removed David Beck started here. His father was outraged but he competed his studies and graduated at the top of his class in 2273." Lord Andrew Charles tell her.
"I have met Lt Commander Beck Lord Andrew Charles and I have met Lt. Kevin Thomas Riley." Karissa explains.
"They are both very nice gentlemen, but they are not my type." Karissa explains.
"I want to go to Star Fleet Academy, graduate with my degree and afterwards have a child my daughter, but I don't want a husband or marriage." Karissa tells him.
"You want a child but no marriage or husband isn't that selfish Karissa."Lord Andrew Charles asks.
"Perhaps, but I need the right man to give me my daughter and I will do the rest. If he wants visitation rights he is welcome to have them and if he wants to be a part of her life that is all well and fine." Karissa tells him.
"I want a family and I want a wife that will become my Duchess. You see the first grandson that gives my grandfather his first grandchild will become Duke of Norfolk Territory." Lord Andrew Charles explains.
"You are indeed ambitious Lord Charles Andrew." Karissa tells him.
"Do you like to dance Lord Andrew Charles?" Karissa asks.
"I have two left feet, but I am willing to learn to dance." Lord Andrew Charles.
"Do you like to sing and do you like to music?" Karissa asks.
"I love music and I like to sing duets with the right woman." Lord Andrew Charles answers.
"My favorite composers are Beethoven, Brahms, and Bach along with Chopin." Lord Andrew Charles explains, "You Karissa."
"I love Franz Liszt, I like rock and roll." Karissa answers.
Karissa is thoughtful and Lord Andrew Charles is handsome and he does peek her interest some degree.
"I start to Star Fleet Academy in the fall and I must complete my education." Karissa tells him, "You must complete your education."
"We will go together Karissa. I will take you to all the dances at Star Fleet Academy if you will only give me a chance." Lord Andrew Charles asks her.
"I will think about it Lord Andrew Charles but no promises." Karissa tell him.
Lord Andrew Charles Howard is overjoyed that Karissa will think about but he is more impatient when it comes to her answer.
Lord Andrew Charles continues to  visit her out at Madame's Boarding, whereas Lt Kevin Riley or Lt. Commander Beck never comes to visit her.
    


© 2021 Lady_Wicca65


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

27 Views
Added on February 19, 2021
Last Updated on February 19, 2021
Tags: Star Trek, Romance, Heartbreak, love


Author

Lady_Wicca65
Lady_Wicca65

Chicago, IL



About
I live in Chicago Illinois more..

Writing